• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaizardNL

Banned
Ugh people and their CBOAT obsession. You guys look like crazed groupies.

OT: Can't wait for some gameplay footage.. really excited to get more information.

Of course they made the suit have no gender. It would be neat if a woman. I would at least give it a shot. I am sick of Master Chief.

jelly

Another clone of John and ONI didn't put an expiry date on him. Trained him up for ONI special ops separately.

Master Chief needs to sacrifice himself being space Jesus and all for some plot line to save the Universe but in the end the other clone does it. Backdraft ending with Kurt Russell, let him fall. You Go, We go, nah.

JJD

Man why is MS revealing everything they have before E3? Hopefully it's because they have a lot to show!

Maybe now I'll buy a xbone...

(I'm still hoping for Alan Wake 2!)

Why do people keep saying Cortana isn't female? Just like with humans, if she identifies as female, she is female.

I think it's MC with a new suit personally.

Hubble

tumblr_m1e56tgYui1rqnz7wo1_500.gif

OMG, I need to go outside and have a moment. So happy.

60fps
dedicated servers
ranking system 1-50
good maps
no custom load outs.
No random weapon drops.
NO Armour Abilities

bring me this 343.

All of this is absolutely nailed especially the 1-50 ranking system. Halo is online multiplayer and Halo 4 took a step back to what Halo is.

Dabanton

All I ask is for fun enemies to battle again. The ones in Halo 4 wore out their welcome very quickly absolutely no fun to fight. Thank god the Covenant were in the game.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Holy shit, this reminds me of Prime 2 Echoes with the Dark Samus stuff. Guess its time to get a Bone next year!

Metfanant

The hype is not because we did not know that Halo 5 exists. It is because Halo is the biggest franchise of past generation. That game that all Halo fans want to play and enjoy.

Sadly, as a Halo fan..I don't think the game I want to play and enjoy is ever going to be made...

Prine

Banned
Man why is MS revealing everything they have before E3? Hopefully it's because they have a lot to show!

Maybe now I'll buy a xbone...

(I'm still hoping for Alan Wake 2!)

I believe its this reason. Spencer has changed EVERYTHING. In Spence we trust

#Teamntkrl

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

was this cortana?
no, thats john, spartan 117

this mystery spartan is not cortana. apparently the spartan is not a female. this mystery spartan *could* have an AI copy of cortana, but thats complete speculation.

Why do people keep saying Cortana isn't female? Just like with humans, if she identifies as female, she is female.

I think it's MC with a new suit personally.
Idk the body reminds me of the spartan 4 female structure for some reason, that's why I think it's a women. Cortana technically is "female", based on the fact that she was created from part of Dr. Halseys DNA and personality traits, and brain function.

gaugebozo

The cover looks like a reflection, not a different picture. The characters have about the same height and waist size. Are we sure this is a new character and not just a new suit? Won't it be unusual if there was a non-Master Chief character who was the focus of the box art, and Master Chief is only viewed upside-down? It's probably new tech, not someone new.

And in case this thread is going too fast:

untitledwjz84.png

So there is that.

JHall

Shaking my head at all these people defending sprint/armour abilities, loadouts, etc...

Halo is an arena shooter. Not some run and gun CoD clone.

The cover looks like a reflection, not a different picture. The characters have about the same height and waist size. Are we sure this is a new character and not just a new suit? Won't it be unusual if there was a non-Master Chief character who was the focus of the box art, and Master Chief is on viewed upside-down?

mte, the top spartan is obviously the focus of the boxart so maybe it's just chief in new armor?

Shaking my head at all these people defending sprint/armour abilities, loadouts, etc...

Halo is an arena shooter. Not some run and gun CoD clone.

oh good thing I read the first two pages and skipped the rest then lol

Azlan

I cannot wait for a new Halo. It is definitely the franchise I have the most fun playing multiplayer out of all of the major fps games. I still remember how amazed I was when the original Halo came out, and now no matter how many they put out I won't be able to resist. Guess everyone has to have a few gaming weaknesses.

Nestunt

The only game I lament the PS4 decision

well, we had a nice ride during OG Xbox and 360

goodbye old friend =P

ultron87

I'm hoping the mystery Spartan will be something like the SA-X from Metroid Fusion. But I dunno if it quite looks antagonistic enough on that cover.

Welfare

I just realized the BR mystery soldier is carrying has a new scope. Looks like it has iron sights on top. Looks like.

Zomba13

Dunno how I feel about Halo 5 having a subtitle. I like my main series Halo games to just have the number. Calling it Halo 5: Guardians feels like Halo 3: ODST. ODST was great and all but wasn't a main story game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom