• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

TI7 Main Qualifiers Day 5 of 5

Schedules (basically 5 days of 24hr dota)
DC4C2LOUwAAjVqL.jpg
- BTS Google Doc schedule*
- Moonduck's votable schedule*
*subject to change

CN Day 4 of 4
3 spots (Top seed = iGV, UB winner = LGDfy, LB winner)
t1498795200z1.png

1. VG vs LGD
followed by
2. Keen vs winner1 (Winner qualifies to TI7)

SEA completed
3 spots
Top group seed = TnC
UB winner = fnatic
LB winner = Xctn

EU completed
2 spots
Top group seed = Secret
Playoff winner = dog

CIS completed
1 spot
Playoff winner = Empire

SA Day 4 of 4
1 spot (Playoff winner)
Two Bo3 and one Bo5 elimination matches
t1498752000z1.png

3. sg vs infamous (Bo5 winner to TI7)

NA Day 4 of 4
2 spots (Top group seed = NP, Playoff winner)
Two Bo3 and one Bo5 elimination matches
t1498759200z1.png

2. col vs dc
followed by
3. winner 2 vs tf (Bo5 winner to TI7)

Chris R

This should be a great game...

edit: cool, got all my items from Lootcase even after they shutdown. Deposit .035 BTC, get real steam wallet funds <3

its pretty cool that NA has a legit scene now, the top teams seem as good as the European or CIS teams

They definitely are. I would say DC/Freedom/Odd could probably beat T2 EU teams with relative ease, and a team like NP would absolutely crush them. I think coL still has some stuff to figure out, but they are always there for upset potential. You compare those 5 to EU, which has basically Mous and Danish Bears, both of whom are wildly inconsistent and just from watching them don't seem to be as organized and coordinated as teams like DC and NP.

EDIT: DC with the tri-offlane of Shaker/Silencer/NS??? The hell is this...

gai_shain

They definitely are. I would say DC/Freedom/Odd could probably beat T2 EU teams with relative ease, and a team like NP would absolutely crush them. I think coL still has some stuff to figure out, but they are always there for upset potential. You compare those 5 to EU, which has basically Mous and Danish Bears, both of whom are wildly inconsistent and just from watching them don't seem to be as organized and coordinated as teams like DC and NP.

EDIT: DC with the tri-offlane of Shaker/Silencer/NS??? The hell is this...

I mean you cant really compare different regions only looking at qualifiers which are played in a vacuum.
Gotta wait for TI to see stuff like that

wanna say i hate valve and think theyre ruining dota but this series between execration and clutch is pretty intense

A lot of the qualifier games have been really intense. The tiebreakers for NA were pretty nuts, as was the 110 minute game between NP and Odd.

I mean you cant really compare different regions only looking at qualifiers which are played in a vacuum.
Gotta wait for TI to see stuff like that

While that's true, it's hard to ignore that DC was able to take games off teams like VP and go toe-to-toe with Secret at The Summit 7, and most of the times when there's 2 NA teams (not named EG) they are at the very least competitive. Most of these EU teams can't stay together long enough to go to any events, and when they do they get dumpstered.

shira

rooting for
Mau5.png
sports
VoHiYo.png

I kinda want planet dog to win and planet odd to lose and have planet odd sponsor planet dog.

Also it will be hilarious if Abed & DC lose because Xctn qualified without him.

Leaderboard
Solo MMR (hybrid*)

1. DC.Abed.Loot.Bet A 10024 (tbd)
2. mallljK 10000 (hacker)
3. Secret.MidOne.2GD EU 9563 (qualified)
4. OG.ana EU 9520 (invited)
5. iG.V.Paparazi&#28780;.&#21704;&#21860; Ch 9481 (qualified)
6. Newbee.Sccc Ch 9371 (invited)
7. Liquid.Miracle- EU 9330 (invited)
8. VG.Ori.&#21704;&#21860; Ch 9318 (tbd)
9. Alliance.Limmp 9256 (eliminted)
10. EHOME.K.&#20043;&#20043;&#20043; Ch 9144 (tbd)
11. VP.No[o]ne.&#9829;.G2A 9136 (invited)
12. Liquid.Gh EU 9130 (invited)
13. OG.s4 9055 (invited)
14. Crescendo.Xcalibur 9006 (eliminated)
15. @Believe EU 8998 (invited - noone smurf)
16. DB.747 EU 8895 (eliminated)
17. Thunder.vanN A 8860 (banned)
18. Thunder.SmAsH.&#10084;q A 8818 (banned)
19. abbdi EU 8801 (eliminated - limmp smurf)
20. Xiao8 Ch 8777 (eliminated)

#justa#

Twookie

I kinda want planet dog to win and planet odd to lose and have planet odd sponsor planet dog.

Also it will be hilarious if Abed & DC lose because Xctn qualified without him.
yeah I hear ya. PD has been playing quite a few games already so they're probably a bit tired which could impact performance in the series with Mouz. I really hope Mouz succeeds though, they're a bunch of likable boyz and I want them to succeed

I want TF to qualify so that the Mason vs CCnC rivalry storyline thing can continue.

will be really weird if Planet Odd doesn't qualify but then again W33 and even the team in general has been real sloppy recently :/

shira

yeah I hear ya. PD has been playing quite a few games already so they're probably a bit tired which could impact performance in the series with Mouz. I really hope Mouz succeeds though, they're a bunch of likable boyz and I want them to succeed

I want TF to qualify so that the Mason vs CCnC rivalry storyline thing can continue.

will be really weird if Planet Odd doesn't qualify but then again W33 and even the team in general has been real sloppy recently :/

Always found it weird W33 never went for 9k mmr after he was first to 8k.
Maybe he's peaked?

Twookie

Always found it weird W33 never went for 9k mmr after he was first to 8k.
Maybe he's peaked?

wait, he's isn't 9k? I thought he was. that's pretty surprising to me

just checking here now apparently he is 8.5k mmr (which isn't bad).

I find it pretty weird too yeah

maybe he didn't do enough to adapt well enough to the patchchanges ?

Top Bottom