• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A comprehensive list of all the PS4/XboxNext games we know are coming

next-gen will carry fewer 3rd party exclusives (concerning PS4 and 720), the cost of dev is so high that they will try to bang for their buck on both.

SO I will only buy one console

next-gen will carry fewer 3rd party exclusives (concerning PS4 and 720), the cost of dev is so high that they will try to bang for their buck on both.

SO I will only buy one console

the battle lines of how future exclusivity will work have already been drawn.

* exclusive - timed or not - downloadable content.
* exclusive - games released via xbox live arcade and psn. this is where third party exclusives will come from next gen outside of a very few retail exclusives.
* exclusive - exclusive by default if micosoft elease earlier than sony or vice versa.

those are the battle lines.

Derrick01

Banned
No Thief 4? It's ok OP after the blurred screens and rumors of it having multiplayer and likely being a hybrid game I wanted to forget about it too.

There's also the next Hitman from Square-Enix Montreal but given the one piece of art released I'm sure we all want to forget that too...

No Thief 4? It's ok OP after the blurred screens and rumors of it having multiplayer and likely being a hybrid game I wanted to forget about it too.

Oh wow, forgot about that. Well, it's still coming so I should add it :p

Give it a chance, we don't know much of anything about it yet.

There's also the next Hitman from Square-Enix Montreal but given the one piece of art released I'm sure we all want to forget that too...

I do. I wish I had never seen that bloody concept art. the Hitman series I once knew is dead. I might as get on with it and mourn its passing. :(

DocSeuss

I didn't see any mention of Black Tusk Studios' new game, heavily rumored to be a launch title for the next Xbox. Homefront 2 is currently in development as well at Crytek, and it's likely that it will be hitting next fall.

Rare's working on something AAA. I've heard they were hiring for action/adventure and/or shooter.

Capcom Vancouver is rumored to be working on two different titles, one of which is presumably Dead Rising 3.

There are more, but I am tired and should still be asleep.

Deus Ex 4 is being worked on, iirc.

Yeah I guess. I'll put up with multiplayer as long as they don't make it a hybrid stealth game like Dishonored.

If they made something akin to Thievery, the UT mod, I would be totally fine with it. I might even look forward to it.

I'm at a loss as to what exactly you're busting a nut over in that screenshot? A nicely rendered ship? Or maybe the nicely rendered asteroid. All of it is very interesting, I'm sure.

That's in-engine. And, what's more, the maneuvering jets/coolant stuff all moves in real-time, based on what the ship would actually be doing if it needs. Star Citizen is easily one of the most exciting video games currently in development.

Hindle

Banned
There is also Eidios Montreal. They have about three games in development asides from Thief 4.

Bethesda? Fallout 4 will be out within a year I'd say. Machine Games have been working on something for more then two years.

Ubisoft? Rainbow Six Patriots is Definatly next gen.

Just so many.

41810589c14e10eb3c9c88e1cf1f65aa.jpg

Mega Man helmet?

Can't unsee, and now I'm going to have nightmares of this being a next gen MM reboot.

Cross-generation title, then? Already announced to be coming to 360 and PS3.

Possibly. Or pure obfuscation. I think Watch Dogs was announced as a Ps3/360 game as well.

The article talks about Dark Souls 2 using a new graphics engine running on a PC that came very close to the CG trailer.

IrishNinja

pretty thorough...id add whatever retro's up to with naughty dog artists but otherwise cant think of much...BG&E 2? just as much a longshot as Versus

You forgot Pikmin 3

also this!

I guess since the Wii U is already out I didn't know whether to include its games here or not since technically it's...current gen now?

I'll add them regardless in a little while.

much appreciated, hopefully the coming nintendo directs/E3 give us more to go on than the zelda tech demo as well

MGS V?

This generation.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if this slips to next, after revengeance

Verendus

Banned
I knew next to nothing about what will coming next generation before reading this thread, and nothing substantial has been gained now that I have.

I knew next to nothing about what will coming next generation before reading this thread, and nothing substantial has been gained now that I have.

Hm? Are you saying you knew nothing about next gen games before coming in here, and after reading about all these games for the first time, still know nothing?

Super Smash Bros. Wii U

What do we know so far?

Absolutely nothing other than to expect good ol' Smash Bros. goodness

We know that the game will somehow make use of both the 3DS and Wii U. No idea if this means cross-play or if you can use the 3DS as a controller or something though.

Love this thread so far.

Quick thing - the idea that development costs are going to go up for next-gen is kind of flawed. The newer consoles, for the sake of promoting more exclusives and AAA games, are aiming for where the PS3 and 360 development environment are now, and probably closer to the ease of Wii development.

New tech and more room to develop can equate to more time testing and experimenting, but solid SDK environments at the forefront means easier time creating high quality assets that don't need to be down-sampled (dumbed down) and be squeezed into the lower specs of current consoles. If what a few of my buddies have been saying at AMD and NVIDIA bodes true, development of games with big set pieces and so on is going to be a lot easier over the next few years now that a lot of that work has been accomplished for the current gen (templates for the techniques, logic, etc.). It's all very exciting to hear.

Of course, then you'll have certain developers who WILL spend extra time and money to achieve things we probably haven't even thought of as a possibility yet and to accomplish new rendering tricks to continue to improve the perceivable fidelity.

RdN

I didn't know Rainbow Six: Patriots go pushed to next gen.

I really like this news. Maybe with the extra power they'll be able to do something similar to the concept video.

Globox_82

Banned
Ready at Dawn's new IP - 3rd Person action/adventure.

and Uncharted like - what ever that means.

"I love playing story driven games. I love movies. I love things that involve me from start to end and give me a complete experience.

"That's where our heads are. It's definitely that kind of game we're going to make. We're not going to go off and make an open world, or an MMO, like everybody expects ex-Blizzard people to do.

"We know what we'd like and we know what we're good at."

Sounds a bit like Naughty Dog's stupendous PS3 exclusive Uncharted 2, doesn't it?

"It's the kind of game we're going to make," Weerasuriya said. "I'm just glad they did it first. It should prove to everybody it's doable and it's worth doing that kind of stuff."

can't wait, i can only imagine the megatons we DON'T know about.

edit: also, there's seems to be the notion that Tekken vs Street Fighter might be a next-gen release.

I have to admire the ending of the OP. The last three... soo many LOLs and :( and :'(

Edit:
Probably should add Gran Turismo 6 to the OP. But like HL3... we know nothing!

Ahmed360

hahah @HL3, that was so funny XD

Some really awesome games coming for next-gen, this time, gotta catch em all! :)
Already started with WiiU

Can't wait for the PS4/X720

I thought it was rumored that Alan Wake 2 was gonna be a launch title for Durango? Maybe I just dreamed that and really want it to be true lol.

Crawl

Do we know at all yet what proper epic is working on or any hints? I know a small team is working on fortnite & people can fly is doing judgment but any speculation otherwise?

Do we know at all yet what proper epic is working on or any hints? I know a small team is working on fortnite & people can fly is doing judgment but any speculation otherwise?

Most common thinking on GAF points to a game based off the Samaritan demo.

Top Bottom