• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster has been delayed to 2014 according to SE reps @ PAX

Asd202

c2m.gif

Flawless.

People expect FF XV to be out next year? Hahaha.

Squire

Banned
They are doing way more than a simple up port.

It's taken too long. They're updating the presentation and seemingly doing a good job, but there are no changes to design being implemented. It should've been out a year ago, if we're being completely honest.

Robin64

Man, they pump out several Lightning games in the time it takes them to up the res on a PS2 title.

Bummed. :(

HeelPower

This has been the longest HD remaster from announcement to release, no? It shows only how Square-Enix is absolutely bad at releasing things.

easily...Its just so annoying this is STILL just a remaster...If it were a true remake it would be acceptable but this is mind blowing.

With LR coming on feb you can bet this is a late spring or even SUMMER release.

Even FF15 is essentially a really old project they are barely putting together...

I am really venting my anger in this post...SE can be infuriating at times.

Do they really think this FFX HD release is some multi billion $ AAA release that warrants all this wait ? We got freaking last of us just about 1.5 years since announcement IIRC...What is it with SE omg...

Only acceptable if this means a PS4 version for the Japanese launch in Q1.

Welcome to Square Enix! Where HD remakes take longer to make then the original game.

Despera

Banned
You do know the majority of HD collections have been 720p, right?
Nope, I actually didn't. Wasn't following news for HD collections except a few threads for this one and ZoE. And I never bought any collection (not enough incentive or worthwhile content imo).

Kinda disappointed really.

So no Japanese release in 2013?

It's really disappointing to hear about the delay but this better be their best fucking remaster. It's reassuring to hear that VITA is also getting a physical release.

Do they really think this FFX HD release is some multi billion $ AAA release that warrants all this wait ? We got freaking last of us just about 1.5 years since announcement IIRC...What is it with SE omg...
TLOU was in development since 2009 or after UC 2 release. But the thing with SE is that they announce games way too early. Looking at KH 3 announcement, they haven't learned anything from history. KH 3 will be a 2016 title at the earliest.

Nick

I just cancelled my preorder on Amazon. Fuck this shit. I'm so sick of Square-Enix's shit. I don't want to give them my money anymore.

any news on japan release? the trailer that came out the other day still said 2013. Yeah, typical square enix releasing in Japan first.

clem84

Gold Member
Maybe they'll surprise everyone and announce a PS4 version along with the PS3/Vita versions of the game.

dramatis

God damn it. I was really hoping to be able to play the game this holiday season.

Is it likely that the 2014 release date would be before Lightning Returns?
LR will be out in Nov in JP, Feb in NA/EU (?). Unless the delay is a minor hiccup, I don't think they'll schedule 10HD to squeeze out in January.

MechaX

Man, with LR set to come out in February (which is kinda funny given the wait between versions for XIII), the question is whether SE will try to release it around that time too, or could we be looking at some late spring-early summer release dates.

Man, SE still can't get their shit together for a remake, and it took almost all of their muscle to get ARR out the door (although, it's seeming like their hard work there might have paid off), and people are wondering if they can get it in gear for an even harder next generation?

Squenix delaying a game? That never happens amirite?

I was hoping to play it this year, but I guess I don't mind waiting until after the PS4's launch.

Holmes

Fuuuck. After Kingdom Hearts HD, I was hoping I could play X and X-2 until the new year. Now I guess... Puppeteer or Ni no Kuni? Or... I dunno. Blah. Only tears now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Saw this coming. I don't think I even care the darn things anymore.

Man, SE still can't get their shit together for a remake, and it took almost all of their muscle to get ARR out the door (although, it's seeming like their hard work there might have paid off), and people are wondering if they can get it in gear for an even harder next generation?
In cases like these, my mind wanders back to the Final Fantasy XIII postmortem where they listed all of the issues they had during development and communication between departments was listed as one of them. It kind of makes me wonder if they had that same issue when developing ARR (despite ARR looking like it's a success with everyone and their mother working on it + possibly the cash directed to save that thing) and getting this remaster out there.

Of course, it can certainly be the case that for that Vita conference, they came up with the FFX thing at the last minute since it was FFX's anniversary back then, but didn't have anything to show for it.

With that said, I do think they need to evaluate their development process and make some changes here and there to factor for efficiency and polish. This "miscommunication between departments" thing is something I hope they'd rectified since FF13, but sometimes I wonder about that.

Sandfox

That's why I hope 1.5 HD gets ported to the PS4 and 2.5 gets a PS4 release too.

Do we really need HD remasters of HD remasters?

Also, I'm expecting 2.5 to get announced either later this year or very early next year with a PS3 release around Q2 or Q3.

Zephyx

You have to wonder now how many copies they have to sell to profit from this. Seems like the project went through development hell.

Anyhow, gaming schedule is ruined if this is delayed. I was anticipating for a late November to early December release.

Damn SE. You are so inefficient. :(

Top Bottom