• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

I've never really gotten into CoD, haven't played much multiplayer, maybe less than 30 games in my life and none of the campaigns. I will play this one for Spacey. I like Spacey.

Very disappointing that it's another future call of duty. Three separate cod developers now make three separate future based games. I was really holding out hope that we would one day get another cod4 or waw but I'm guessing those are dead and gone forever.

Wat. You want another WW2 shooter or present day COD? How many times do you want to use a M16 or Thompson? You had all the CoDs+ Spin offs/Rip offs for WW2 and then all the MW CoDs of 4 to MW3+Battlefield 2-4 for that.

TBH I agree that the future setting isn't that inspiring and reeks of being backed into a corner with BLOPS and Ghosts but they really didn't have anywhere else to go...

Also Ghosts doesn't seem to be set that far into the future, more like an alternate timeline. None of the guns are even fictional iirc. I think it's semi-present day setting is why so many people hated it actually. So IDK what you're exactly looking for in COD seeing as only BLOPS 2 is the only future set/full of made up shit entry in the series so far.

As for the reveal ehhhh. On the surface I'm kind intrigued, lots of cool shit in here but so much of the bs in these COD reveals are always the on rails segements/animated setpieces that you have little to no control over. I highly doubt the mech suits do much to change up anything, I mean can you really see a Ground War match with 12 vs 12 dudes hopping everywhere and climbing walls? Shit is probably just window dressing yo...

"leaked"

So it's not by Treyarch? WTF are they doing then? Map Packs?

Treyarch is working in Call of Duty 2015 while Infinty Ward is currently working on Call of Duty 2016. Sledgehammer will after November begin work on Call of Duty 2017.

demolitio

I agree with what others have said. If you spend money on big actors and keep talking about a new engine, please invest in some decent shaders for your characters. It looks really weird when so many things in the background look good yet the characters' skin looks like clay.

I'm not getting this one at launch as I'm worn out but if it changes the formula up enough, I'll be interested. So tired of the same damn SP and MP just with new problems each year.

Hell, I'm eager to see Treyarch's COD game and if they make MP easy mode again with hip-firing SMG's and shotguns ruling all.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I haven't played a COD since MW2 so this might be a good time to jump back in.

I'd wait and see if you aren't sure. I jumped back in with Ghosts after not playing since Black Ops and hated myself a week later. Fortunately, I remedied it a month later with a cheap Black Ops 2, which I enjoyed much more.

Gorillaz

Unless they do something big mechanic wise with the jumping and wall running that I saw, I'm not sold on it.

KS is still nice to have but I feel like I"m retreading Black Ops 2 right now.

GlamFM

Banned
Very disappointing that it's another future call of duty. Three separate cod developers now make three separate future based games. I was really holding out hope that we would one day get another cod4 or waw but I'm guessing those are dead and gone forever.

100% agree with you.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They didn't skip their potential in the trailer. It's like a comeback from what Black Ops II did.

Wall crawling, speed bikes, turrets, and barricades? Nice.

rrc1594

Why do developers feel the need to put perk/abilities that you could see through walls, that should not be in competitive multiplayer games

I'm kinda looking forward to this. I haven't played a CoD game since Black ops. And ever since bf4 left me underwhelmed this is most welcomed

Because it looked like a single player section it was in?

The odds of that making its way to MP are very strong. As with just about every CoD SP unveil, half of tech and weaponry resides within the MP as well. Every CoD since BO2 has had some sort of wallhack weapon and/or perk.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member

I agree. The core gameplay is going to always be similar, so the biggest change up is the setting and timeframe. 3 very similar games in a row is too much. I'm ready for another drastic timeline change, or give us a fictional timeline with unique weaponry.

Titanfall (future setting) just happening doesn't help things either.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why do developers feel the need to put perk/abilities that you could see through walls, that should not be in competitive multiplayer games

Advantage. I agree, Resistance put their perks in the weapons. Which it should really stay. I think it just adds another element for the player to win over someone who plays the game all the time.

Look back at Halo 1. All you needed to know was the layout of the map. This defeats the purpose in its own way. Not saying not knowing the maps help. It's just more people play FPS MP, and only FPS MP.

Javes

I agree. The core gameplay is going to always be similar, so the biggest change up is the setting and timeframe. 3 very similar games in a row is too much. I'm ready for another drastic timeline change, or give us a fictional timeline with unique weaponry.

Titanfall (future setting) just happening doesn't help things either.

From what we've seen so far, Advanced Warfare and Ghosts couldn't be more different.

Hip Hop

They better not bring that invisible crap. A couple of shooters were single handedly ruined by that in Multiplayer (Crysis 2,3).

The Ghost/UAV perk is already bad enough. This needs to stop.

AHA-Lambda

Welp, didn't think after Ghosts they'd get me to care (hell I only played Ghosts cos I won a free copy) but Kevin Spacey man :D

Btw, Activision have gotten really bad at stopping leaks since that mw3 one :/

Top Bottom