• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech G900 mouse is $75 (50% off) at Best Buy, in store pickup only

Man...seems like a great deal and a great mouse. But I'm really used to having the 12 thumb buttons on my Naga Epic...

What's so good about this mouse if someone doesn't mind giving me a quick rundown?

ViciousDS

Banned
After using this mouse I never, EVER want to go back to a wired mouse. This mouse is fucking perfection for wireless mouse

Loxley

Thanks for the heads up! I'm in the process of building a new PC and was looking for a new mouse as well.

Sounds like this thing is a steal at that price, picking it up at my local BB tomorrow.

Protein

Banned
I can tell you that it really is worth it. Get a good Steel Series mouse pad to go with it and you're ready to roll. I just hope Best Buy honors their price. I'm going to attempt a price match tomorrow since I bought recently.

Mendrox

What's the battery life like on both of them?

Was already answered but it is 30 hours, but it doesnt matter cause you just plug the cable in and keep playing just wired for a hour and it is ready again. Never had a problem. Also anyone elsd asking what is special about this mousd....read the first page. It has been answered about 10 times lol

Is this mouse overkill for non-gaming applications?

Nahhhh, it's quite convenient for it like a lot of wireless mouse. The key to this mouse is the responsiveness, one of the best sensors out in mouses, long lasting battery with a very fast recharge time, and it is pretty lightweight for a wireless mouse.

For this price, it's not overkill.

I use the G700s, and I'm not sure I could go back to having only two buttons on the side... maybe if I use the two buttons on both sides?

Skelter

Banned
Was already answered but it is 30 hours, but it doesnt matter cause you just plug the cable in and keep playing just wired for a hour and it is ready again. Never had a problem. Also anyone elsd asking what is special about this mousd....read the first page. It has been answered about 10 times lol

Okay well I see nothing about the range. I'd like to game on my PC and for the occasional game that requires a mouse for a launcher I can see myself getting this and a good keyboard.

Mendrox

Okay well I see nothing about the range. I'd like to game on my PC and for the occasional game that requires a mouse for a launcher I can see myself getting this and a good keyboard.

I dont know the exact range but it has a special receiver technique which makes it sometimes even faster than a wired mouse (the good ones), but I was easily able to use the mouse in my 124m² apartment through every thick wall so it is more than enough.

I use the G700s, and I'm not sure I could go back to having only two buttons on the side... maybe if I use the two buttons on both sides?

I also have a G700 and have never used more buttons than right, left click and the scroll speed buttons.

If my local BB has this mouse, I'm def picking it up.

Skelter

Banned
I dont know the exact range but it has a special receiver technique which makes it sometimes even faster than a wired mouse (the good ones), but I was easily able to use the mouse in my 124m² apartment through every thick wall so it is more than enough.

Welp, you just sold me. Getting one tomorrow.

Any decent wireless keyboard you'd recommend?

I also have a G700 and have never used more buttons than right, left click and the scroll speed buttons.

If my local BB has this mouse, I'm def picking it up.

I have a G600. I LOVE it. I can't imagine playing a MOBA, MMO like WoW, or some other games without all my buttons on the side. If I'm going to play Overwatch on my TV...I might just go with the G403.

Nielm

Best mouse I've ever used. I can't see myself changing it soon, because there's not much I'd want to change.

Count me as another satisfied owner. I only wish it had a cradle so I could just put it there and never have to plug it in again to charge but thats like me being really nitpicky. Battery is good. I plug it in every 3 days when it hits around 30%. It charges really fast too. I game with it a few hours a day. Stuff like overwatch and PUBG. Its always responsive.

Momentary

Banned
The crazy thing about the mouse is that it beats out a few wired mouses in response time from the tests I've seen run on it. I will never buy another wired mouse again.

I'm getting me some money.

Good lord this mouse's regular price is $150?! $75 is pushing it, $150 is in "no fucking way" territory.

For $75 it's hands down worth it. Also at a 100 if it lasts years and years. My Razer Mamba lasted me like 6 years. Still works, I just felt it was time to move on.

But anyone who bought this earlier likely price matched. I ended up getting it for $110 or something.

deal's dead.$114

Glenn-Howerton-God-Dammit.gif

Still using my G700s as I 'need' the extra buttons for games like Guild Wars 2. My 7, 8, and 9 skills being the top extra buttons - I can't imagine playing another way.

melos

Thanks for the heads up on this! Managed to snag one last night before the deal went away. Very happy with the comfort and tracking so far!

Top Bottom