• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Dahbomb and I are currently planning to do our Gadgetzan Re-Review TONIGHT

I don't have exact timeline for you guys right now, but should be sometime past 9pm CST. You can follow my Twitch channel below to get the notification for when we start.

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

It's going to be a little different this time, because now, it will be all of GAF on the chopping block!
The amount of half-scores Dahbomb gives, it's like he's deathly afraid of being put on blast for any commitment, lol

scarlet

Got my 1st 8 wins in arena with a mediocre warlock deck. I was surprised I could beat my previous record with this bad deck. Went 8-1 and ended up with 8-3, very happy with the result, got 220 g .

Dahbomb

Nah the .5's wouldn't make much of a difference in terms of blast in most of those cases. I was trying to rate the cards as accurately as possible because there's a big difference between a 3 and a 4. There is also a big range within 3's as statistically it should be the common number.

Finja was the one where it made the most difference between 3.5 and 4 so I caved into 4 because I wanted that bloodbath.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
When did Ben Brode became the game director? Like November 2016 right?
Its february and we already got more changes than ever before: T5 on Beat mode? No, on BRODE MODE! :)

Magnus

Crafting golden Rag/Syl, then getting dust bonus for them in April, then actually DEing them nets you a 1600 dust profit, right?

Even if you have reg Rag/Sylv already.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Crafting golden Rag/Syl, then getting dust bonus for them in April, then actually DEing them nets you a 1600 dust profit, right?

Even if you have reg Rag/Sylv already.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Don't nothing in that situation also nets you a 1600 dust profit and doesn't require you to float 3200 dust for a few months.

Magnus

Don't nothing in that situation also nets you a 1600 dust profit and doesn't require you to float 3200 dust for a few months.

...how? I don't have golden Rag/Syl already.

Or are you saying that Normal Rag/Syl will grant us 1600 dust each in the bonus dust amount awarded when the expansion launches....?

Edit- NM I'm a dummy and just figured it out. Thanks!
Basically, floating the extra dust just gets you a golden to use for the next two months. Hah

Hmm so im 400 shy of a crafted ragnaros and im sitting on 900 gold..

Cant really decide If I should dust some preist cards as I never play priest to make the total, or to buy up 9 packs and watch as I get shit loads of duplicates

Any guess on when is the next expansion hitting? I have around 2200 gold right now, not much, I thought it was going to be an adventure, those I buy with real money but I refuse to do it with packs.

wiibomb

Hmm so im 400 shy of a crafted ragnaros and im sitting on 900 gold..

Cant really decide If I should dust some preist cards as I never play priest to make the total, or to buy up 9 packs and watch as I get shit loads of duplicates

unless you are really sure, you shouldn't disenchant cards, specially with the rotation coming up and making standard a weird experimentation field. You never know when a weird card will be used...

may be try to get the rest of the dust from pack, you still have about a month to get the dust, the rotation should be hitting next expansion and it is still somewhat far away

Zemm

He used to look better a couple of years ago, although he started to get overweight. Used to stream at regular times too.

But yeah, if he was my buddy I'd have a talk with him.

He looked the worst I've ever seen him yesterday, like he was close to death :/

Someone def needs to try and help him, maybe someone already has

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When did Ben Brode became the game director? Like November 2016 right?
Its february and we already got more changes than ever before: T5 on Beat mode? No, on BRODE MODE! :)

To note, he had actually been serving as effective director for a while.

Given the interviews Blizzard has been giving lately, I would guess Eric Dodds moved to helm a new mobile project around this time last year.

wiibomb

Wow, Blizzard can't win. Announce more cards per year, people bitch there is to much now to grind for free.

this isn't a new issue, I have been saying HS is an extremely stingy game since I started, it is really difficult to get things without money and throwing money at it isn't the best thing for some people, like me.

That was the worry when I heard they are not doing more adventures and that they are instead releasing even more cards in even more expansions

Blizzard can't win if they are already losing. The idea of more cards is nice for the meta, bad for the wallet, and the wallet is an issue in HS since very long ago

Has blizzard given any details on the daily log in bonus yet? I'm expecting something like a Gacha game.

I'm expecting a daily dust or gold or pack/half pack/part pack, not something big and not something really meaningful

I think it was the coolest innovation they brought to the genre too. Hopefully, the single player adventures accompanying adventures scratch the same itch. Not going to call doom and gloom yet.

They've been actively hiring people to design these, so I don't expect them to decrease in quality or anything.

If these are everything that is going to get changed with rotation, I don't see how warrior for one is going to change. At least Kor'Kron had to go.

I'm not really convinced that Kor'kron is distorting the same way that some of these other choices are.

Wow, Blizzard can't win. Announce more cards per year, people bitch there is to much now to grind for free.

The reaction to this announcement has actually been pretty positive overall (unless you're a dumbass and look at like the Blizzard forums or something.)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
To note, he had actually been serving as effective director for a while.

Given the interviews Blizzard has been giving lately, I would guess Eric Dodds moved to helm a new mobile project around this time last year.

I stand by my positive comment: Brode led T5 is good news. :)

The reaction to this announcement has actually been pretty positive overall (unless you're a dumbass and look at like the Blizzard forums or something.)
lol

Dahbomb

Yeah I have seen mostly positive news towards the news as a whole.

The standard cards being moved to Wild has been received well (usually much better than nerfs). More cards per year with single player stuff thrown in. The new hero portrait. And people are digging the Wild Heroic Brawl too.

The fact that you get dust refund even if you don't disenchant those cards was a very good choice by Blizzard in order to appease the fanbase.

Some people complain about everything, usually just to complain and those comments tend to get ignored, rightfully so.

unless you are really sure, you shouldn't disenchant cards, specially with the rotation coming up and making standard a weird experimentation field. You never know when a weird card will be used...

may be try to get the rest of the dust from pack, you still have about a month to get the dust, the rotation should be hitting next expansion and it is still somewhat far away

yeah I try to avoid it, usually its just ones i nuke for classes I dont like to play, which is mostly priest haha

So I made an alt account to get the murlock and all those quests, I opened 5 regular packs on that account and got 6 epics :/

Dahbomb

Bringing Control Warrior (anti aggro tech), Reno Mage(anti aggro variant), Reno Warlock (combo variant) and Midrange Jade Shaman for tomorrow's tournament.

Only the Shaman deck has the PPP in it. This is what I know how to play and I believe in it. Hoping for the Warrior to win against some of the aggro out there.

Fersis

Bringing Control Warrior (anti aggro tech), Reno Mage(anti aggro variant), Reno Warlock (combo variant) and Midrange Jade Shaman for tomorrow's tournament.

Only the Shaman deck has the PPP in it. This is what I know how to play and I believe in it. Hoping for the Warrior to win against some of the aggro out there.

Which tournament are you playin' in?

Good luck dude!

Xanathus

Just going to make a prediction that the next meta "package" is going to be the murloc package with Finja, 2 Bluegills, 2 Warleaders.

Hycran

Banned
Okay, good. Cause I was wondering if you were okay for a moment there.

It's not uncommon to not run Jaraxxus in renolock, particularly given how aggressive the meta is. There are a lot of good cards you can sub in but I personally always include it BECAUSE YOUR WORLD IS STILL DOOMED

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Firebat on Value Town is annoyed that the rotations signal the complete death of combo and control with no aggro cards being included.

And there are a lot of worries about Jade never going away and make everything the strict rock/paper/scissors we're seeing now where control exists only to feed on the aggro decks that are feeding on jade decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's not uncommon to not run Jaraxxus in renolock, particularly given how aggressive the meta is. There are a lot of good cards you can sub in but I personally always include it BECAUSE YOUR WORLD IS STILL DOOMED

I said that because Jaraxxus is Dahbomb's waifu.

Firebat on Value Town is annoyed that the rotations signal the complete death of combo and control with no aggro cards being included.

And there are a lot of worries about Jade never going away and make everything the strict rock/paper/scissors we're seeing now where control exists only to feed on the aggro decks that are feeding on jade decks.

Power Overwhelming is a combo card but it's also an aggro card. Two copies are in every zoo deck ever.

Dahbomb

He's not wrong though PO is also played heavily in aggressive Warlock decks so it's a nerf to Zoo as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I said that because Jaraxxus is Dahbomb's waifu.

Power Overwhelming is a combo card but it's also an aggro card. Two copies are in every zoo deck ever.

Also Jaraxxus is awesome at closing out games against control decks.

And nothing wrong with having Jaraxxus as your waifu. Could be much worse, he could love Wilfred Fizzlebang instead lol.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I certainly wouldn't mind if Mana Wyrm was pushed to the Hall of Fame. Maybe Argent Squire, too.

This is such a goofy complaint. A whole year of other cards (including tons of aggro staples in multiple classes) are rotating out at the exact same time and another 130 cards are getting added. It's impossible to draw any type of useful conclusion about the upcoming meta by just looking at the six HoF cards.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Leeroy was one I was a bit surprised about, but I think they left him in because he's usually not used without buff combos except to add a bit of a finisher to an aggro deck.

Like I don't think anyone would care about a Face Hunter deck just dropping Leeroy on Turn 6 right now.

I guess the concern would be Aggro Paladin for a 12 damage combo or something?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This is such a goofy complaint. A whole year of other cards (including tons of aggro staples in multiple classes) are rotating out at the exact same time and another 130 cards are getting added. It's impossible to draw any type of useful conclusion about the upcoming meta by just looking at the six HoF cards.

You can already look at Shaman though and see in mid range Shaman they aren't losing any cards even with the HoF ones.

So the new cards effectively start at having to be a power creep better than what's currently out.

Leeroy was one I was a bit surprised about, but I think they left him in because he's usually not used without buff combos except to add a bit of a finisher to an aggro deck.

Like I don't think anyone would care about a Face Hunter deck just dropping Leeroy on Turn 6 right now.

I guess the concern would be Aggro Paladin for a 12 damage combo or something?

there's still rogue for 14 from hand though that's losing conceal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom