• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

I'm onto you, yeah you
I'm not your number one
I saw you, with her
Kissing and having fun
If you're giving all of your money and time
I'm not gonna sit here wasting mine on you, yeah, you
Ciao adios, I'm done

latest

Floridian

Hold on. The crooked OP tho...

Beloved?
Taylor? Pink? Wyd

No one even talks about the latter in here. And I think a certain someone was forgotten.

Honeymoon is great for falling asleep, and I'm not trolling. It's relaxing and beautiful and cinematic and really stimulates your imagination as you're falling asleep.

Bladenic

Mau ®;230183953 said:
Less popular than P!NK? 🤔

Do you wanna count how many careers Pink has run through? Cuz it's a lot. She's the only one still in the game from Lady Marmalade, for example.

Anyway MUNA's debut album is the best debut since HAIM's Days are God. About U, Winterbreak, Loudspeaker, and Crying On the Bathroom Floor are standouts.

MANUELF

Banned
Mau ®;230183953 said:
Less popular than P!NK? 🤔
They are
And Britney? 😂

Pretty sure Beyoncé alone has probably outsold Britney and Pink together in the last 5 years
Only because Beyonce has released 2 albums since Pink last one in 2012 but neither has outsold it, and maybe Beyonce is more popular than Britney now but she has yet to reach her highs

Beyoncé is nominated for nine Grammys this year, and Rihanna just claimed the title of best-selling solo recording artist of all-time. Yet they aren't more popular [or acclaimed] than P!NK or Britney?

That claim is embarrassing.

Mau ®

ummm Bey is hilariously way above Britney, even Peak Britney.

Britney never had this level of acclaim, her albums never had this kind of impact on the game. Britney was kinda everything back in 2001-2004 but I think that situation, looking back, spoke about the low level of pop stars we had back then.

pop is garbage when you make it a popularity contest. I'm glad I'm actually into the music and not who's more popular among the heterosexuals and their taste. Yikes.

Mau ®;230184327 said:
ummm Bey is hilariously way above Britney, even Peak Britney.

Britney never had this level of acclaim, her albums never had this kind of impact on the game. Britney was kinda everything back in 2001-2004 but I think that situation, looking back, spoke about the low level of pop stars we had back then.

She certainly is.
Although Britney had that 2007-daily entertainment headline-phase

MANUELF

Banned
Beyoncé is nominated for nine Grammys this year, and Rihanna just claimed the title of best-selling solo recording artist of all-time. Yet they aren't more popular [or acclaimed] than P!NK or Britney?

That claim is embarrassing.

I never said acclaimed but they are certainly less popular, thats why they sell less albums

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
pop is garbage when you make it a popularity contest. I'm glad I'm actually into the music and not who's more popular among the heterosexuals and their taste. Yikes.
Popular music is garbage when you make it actually about popularity?? That makes no sense sorry, also that's heteophobic as fuck.

Mariah is talked about all the time, especially among you folk. She should be at the top of the OP, but she is black... hmmmm
Mariah is talked about because her fans (you and the few others, keep bringing her up). She's also past her prime and is a legacy singer. If she was in the OP we may as well put Madonna too.

Touchback

Banned
tbh the OP should be aligned with this chart. THIS is the tea

C4amNX2WcAAo9yK.jpg

When it's black and white in front of you like this, it just puts everything into perspective.

tumblr_inline_okviscIjKu1qc7g7w_500.gif

Touchback

Banned
Why is Beautiful in there and not I Dont?

If you'd like I can add I Don't to the list below #Beautiful but above Sia, Lea, and Katy. But 2 Mariah songs in a list of relevant pop songs would shatter all y'alls deluded perception of reality. I wouldn't want to do that.

kvXH6KH.gif

Uh.... HBTB outsold CTTR by 22k copies? I.... what? Lana didn't even do promo the way Perra did? Like Lana literally released the song while Perra did the whole go around your city and find the disco ball shit?

i'm

Beyonce-2.gif

edit: who is Lea Michelle

Vazduh

I have never fucking heard this song before. There is no way Perra is flopping like this.

It was written by Sia. Not a tragic song by any means, but Lea Michelle just cannot sing pop well since her style of singing is too broad. Also, she's kinda unlikable tbh.

Mau ®

In defense of Rih and Bey, both Work and Formation had like 2 days of sales for their debut week and not a full tracking week.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Are they really not counting a boost from the Grammy's? lol at 45K, and is that in the first week or total?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom