• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Eidjinn

GAF, who should I develop first, Setzer or Amelia?

As a chainer I only have Aileen.

Also, will she chain well with future Agrias 6*??

ps: great year... and to another good year, hopefully!

Lyrian

I'm giving up my lunch break to post in this thread?

Yup, priorities.

750 posts last thread? Not too shabby.

forgrim

Man the only problem is i have to wait til this thread becomes my most refreshed so it appears quicker in my phone

What kind of EX tickets? Do you think that the normal and 4* have a better chance of getting a 5*?

1 5* and 2 4*. The 4* has the same 5% chance that the extra pull on a 10+1 has. It went Hope, Aileen (5* ticket) and then Fohlen on my other 4*. I used my 2 or 3 3* tickets also and were blue garbo.

Hmmmm both have their uses for arena and pve. Setzer for fixed damage in pve and in arena status ailments. Amelia has stop for arena and is decent in pve. What are your other party members?

Alkez

Aileen won't chain that well with Agrias. You can use a friend Orlandu to chain with Agrias and use Aileen as the finisher so to speak.

Not sure about Setzer or Amelia though. I have yet to fully level either.

1 5* and 2 4*. The 4* has the same 5% chance that the extra pull on a 10+1 has. It went Hope, Aileen (5* ticket) and then Fohlen on my other 4*. I used my 2 or 3 3* tickets also and were blue garbo.

It's ironic that Hope was your first pull.

robotuw

New thread! It looks great.

I'm really interested to know what the hell's up with that unannounced cactuar raid. New way to get the same coins? Different currency for different summon? We'll see.

Broseybrose

I'd pick Setzer over Amelia.

I maxed 3 Setzers while my Amelia is still Lvl 1.

Alkez

[JP] Is dunes every weekend? And is so when does it start? Got so many units that need leveling.

evangd007

I feel like Zarg is suffering from incoming JP unit hype. Now the next "god unit" is supposed to be Ramza. Yes he has an incredible 100% all stats buffs with hp/mp regen, but there are multiple units now that can recover mp or add secondary heals. I seem to recall that Ramza becomes useless for 3 turns as well.

A 60% all stats AOE buff with 100% resists to some ailments and being able to do other actions after that really sounds great to me! In these rounds he can add damage mitigation and elemental resists to everybody, as well as full heal a character and restores a LOT of his mp.

Combined with a Tillith I feel like he will be a tremendous asset. Infinite mana for everybody and AOE full heals. When Tillith has to use he4 AOE heal + mp restore, Zarg can maybe fully heal the tank if needed or restore Tillith's mp.

Don't wanna bring down Ramza, but I'm pretty sure Zarg will do extremely well with a lot of team setups.

Yes, 60% buffs is nice for the time being, but his mitigation skills are already outclassed by Rikku, namely 20% reduction for 2 turns to 30% for 3 turns. With my equipment I have no shot in hell of gearing him out to be a finisher, so my choice becomes whether I can get the 60% to all or Rikku's LB of 74% to DEF/RES and auto-revive and Mega Phoenix access. I think I'll take Rikku, and 5*s should be built to replace 4*s, not the other way around.

As for the his HP/MP heal, to me that's only relevant when there is a no item mission. Otherwise Elixirs are just better. I'd have a much higher opinion of Zarg is he had an AOE mana restore instead.

I think my thesis is that he's a "whales only apply" 5*. Jack-of-all, master-of-none supports that are difficult to gear are probably great when you have every premium TMR at your fingertips and chaining trial bosses to death in 1-5 turns. Makes room for the third Orlandu!

Xion86

Yey OT5, Congratulations on making it this far guys and girls! Let's hope we keep this community strong as the game progresses further.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- interesting last few pages of OT4. One Q: what is 'holy lance' on Reberta? I have her and don't see that.

-- LOVELY NEW THREAD HELL YES.

-- Val ... think we should update the 6* rankings with Freyvia, Tidus, and Rikku? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=930167136

-- My daily was Vivi and my ticket was Gilbert. I'm not talking about it, esp. 'guy who pulls Frevyia on an 11 and Orlandeau on a daily'. Good lord.

-- I am ALL ABOUT the Cactuar raid. Eff this moogle raid at this point .. but I really want that last burst moogle to pump up Rikku's LB before I awaken her to 6*.

-- Please Cloud above, grant me an Orlandeau/Aileen/Freyvia. I'll be good, I promise.

Chainers and frames, get your chainers and frames here! (format here looks like shit but the format on reddit is very well done because you know, tables.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6li4mx/best_4_base_chainer_discussion/

For a whole lot of us who was not graced by the god-tier 5* base chainers, we have to settle for chasing 4* base chainers instead. But would we consider the best at chaining?

A quick, incomplete summary below. I will try to consider the chain-pattern (to determine who chains best with each)

4* BASE CHAINERS

Unit Name Skill Name Damage Type ST or AOE Hits Modifier Element Frames
Agrias Holy Explosion 0/+1 Phy ST 5x 1.6x + Ignore DEF 50% None 70-10-10-10-10
Agrias Holy Explosion +2 Phy ST 7x 2 + Ignore DEF 50% None 70-7-5-7-7-7-7
Amelia Disorder Phy AOE 10 2x None 42-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
Ashe Sword of Kings Phy ST 7x 2.7x None 42-10-10-10-10-10-10
Ashe Heaven's Fury Mag AOE 10 2.3x + ignore SPR 25% + Curaja None 72-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10
Chizuru Phantom Shadow Phy AOE 5 1.4x + 50% ignore def None 22-5-5-5-5
Rasler Patriotic Slash Phy ST 7x 3x Light 42-10-10-10-10-10-10
Rikku Burning Soul Phy ST 9x 2.3x Fire 40-25-25-25-25-25-25-25-25
Rikku Tidal Wave Phy ST 9x 2.3x Water 40-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9
Rikku Winter Storm Phy ST 9x 2.3x Ice 40-13-13-13-13-13-13-13-13
Rikku Lightning Bolt Phy ST 9 x 2.3x Lightning 45-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
Setzer Prismatic Flash Phy AOE 7 1.8x None 42-5-5-5-5-5-5
Setzer Red Card Phy ST 10 3.2x None 40-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3
CHAIN FRAMES Source - Thanks, /u/ToorimaAnchuu

Common Frame Unit Name Skill Name Frames
3s Setzer Red Card 40-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3
5s Amelia Disorder 42-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
5s Chizuru Phantom Shadow 22-5-5-5-5
5s CG Sakura ??? 16-5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5
5s Rikku Lightning Bolt 45-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
5s Setzer Prismatic Flash 42-5-5-5-5-5-5
5s Tidus Quick Hit 22-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-20
7s Ace Tri-Beam Laser +2 64-7-7-7-7-7-7
7s Agrias Holy Explosion +2 70-7-5-7-7-7-7
7s Dark Veritas Dark Guilt 70-7-5-7-7-7-7
7s Lorraine Gale Sword 2-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7
7s Lorraine Lightning Storm 2-7-7-7-7-7-7-7
7s Onion Knight Elements 42-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7
7s Onion Knight Onion Cutter 42-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7
7s Orlandeau Divine Ruination 70-7-5-7-7-7-7
8s Beatrix ? 12-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
8s Beatrix ?? 26-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
8s Eileen Piledriver +2 2-8-8-8-8-8-8
8s Lorraine Blde Prison 42-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
8s Nyx King's Sword 82-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
8s Trans Terra Chaos Wave +2 60-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
8s Vaan Assault Strike 22-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
9s Rikku Tidal Wave 40-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9
10s Agrias Holy Explosion 0/+1 70-10-10-10-10
10s Ashe Heaven's Wrath 72-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10
10s Ashe Sword of Kings 42-10-10-10-10-10-10
10s Rasler Patriotic Slash 42-10-10-10-10-10-10
10s Forren Sonic Blast 10-10-10-10-10-10-10
10s Randi Wave Slash 42-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10
10s Reberta Mystic Thrust 42-10-10-10-10-10-10
10s Vargas Flare Raid+ 2-10-10-10-10
12s Rikku Water +2 133-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12
12s Shantotto Tornado 80-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12
13s Rikku Winter Storm 40-13-13-13-13-13-13-13-13
15s Eileen Piledriver 0/+1 2-15-15-15-15
20s T. Terra Chaos Wave 52-20-20-20-20
25s Rikku Burning Soul 40-25-25-25-25-25-25-25-25
Weird Gilgamesh Tri-Attack +2 42-4-6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4
Weird M. Fina Ultima +2 140-37-38-37-38-38-37
Weird Yun Raging Bird 38-3-2-3-4-2-4-2-3-2
TL;DR:

Common Frame Unit Names (future units/abilities)
5s Amelia, Chizuru, Rikku, Setzer, Tidus, CG Sakura
7s Ace (Enhanced), Agrias (Enhanced), Orlandeau, Dark Veritas, Lorraine, Onion Knight
8s Eileen (Enhanced), Beatrix, Lorraine, Nyx, T Terra (Enhanced), Vaan
10s Ashe, Rasler, Forren, Reberta, Vargas?, Agrias (Unenhanced)
12s Rikku, Shantotto awakened
Open for discussion, and will edit this as we go.

EDIT1: Added Rikku

EDIT2: Added CLuna --> then removed

EDIT3: This cover 4* base chainers at this time. Once Poorlandeau / Agrias comes with her upgrade, she'll be definitely up there as one of the best.

EDIT4: Added Rasler. Added chain frames and matching frames. Question: Will 5's and 10's still chain well (i.e. Amelia + Forren)? how about 5's and 15s 10's and 15s?

EDIT5: TONS OF FORMATTING (Learned how to make tables today!). Removed pros and cons, focused on chain frames now. Switched up Agrias base and enhanced Holy Explosion frames, corrected now. Added future units as well, because what the heck.

Hope this helps! Chain away!

udca

Yes, 60% buffs is nice for the time being, but his mitigation skills are already outclassed by Rikku, namely 20% reduction for 2 turns to 30% for 3 turns. With my equipment I have no shot in hell of gearing him out to be a finisher, so my choice becomes whether I can get the 60% to all or Rikku's LB of 74% to DEF/RES and auto-revive and Mega Phoenix access. I think I'll take Rikku, and 5*s should be built to replace 4*s, not the other way around.

As for the his HP/MP heal, to me that's only relevant when there is a no item mission. Otherwise Elixirs are just better. I'd have a much higher opinion of Zarg is he had an AOE mana restore instead.

I think my thesis is that he's a "whales only apply" 5*. Jack-of-all, master-of-none supports that are difficult to gear are probably great when you have every premium TMR at your fingertips and chaining trial bosses to death in 1-5 turns. Makes room for the third Orlandu!

Everything you say is true, but Rikku also need to use synthesis the turn before doing her mitigation skill. it's still very powerful.

Auto-revive is also extremely powerful if units die, but they have to die hehe.

I'm not really comparing the two, just saying Zarg seems like a very solid unit

Syntsui

Zargabanzo is immortal, pretty easy to get him to 100% PHY evade as well as giving him quite a lot of elemental resistance. His full heal + 50% MP heal should make Rikku + Tilith also immortal, he is straight up insane unit by all means.

Just think that he is not even enhanced.

Vashetti

Banned
Zargabanzo is immortal, pretty easy to get him to 100% PHY evade as well as giving him quite a lot of elemental resistance. His full heal + 50% MP heal should make Rikku + Tilith also immortal, he is straight up insane unit by all means.

Just think that he is not even enhanced.

I'm loving all these names. Cracks me up

Chainers and frames, get your chainers and frames here! (format here looks like shit but the format on reddit is very well done because you know, tables.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6li4mx/best_4_base_chainer_discussion/

For a whole lot of us who was not graced by the god-tier 5* base chainers, we have to settle for chasing 4* base chainers instead. But would we consider the best at chaining?

A quick, incomplete summary below. I will try to consider the chain-pattern (to determine who chains best with each)

**snip**

This is excellent, thank you!

So just to make sure I'm reading this right, you want to have units with similar numbers if you don't use macros and whatnot, yes? If that's the case, I'm screwed. All of my best units are all over the map.

Syntsui

This is excellent, thank you!

So just to make sure I'm reading this right, you want to have units with similar numbers if you don't use macros and whatnot, yes? If that's the case, I'm screwed. All of my best units are all over the map.

They must have the exact same frame to chain with eachother, otherwise the chain will break. It's possible to do some ghetto chains with different characters but it's not consistent at all.

Celegus

New thread hype and made the wall of shame again, huzzah! Sadly my day at work is going as well as my daily summon (Wakka)

Saw that FD Tidus thing and set mine up, it does make chaining him much easier!

Muku

Yay, I wasn't #1 this time. LOL. New thread smell. But Hope can shove it.

My daily consisted of King. First. What a waste of a Gold though. I was better off not having him.

A great new OT! Thanks Vashetti.

After yesterday's Waka pulls and today's daily and some tickets, I managed to max his TM. Should be useful for a few units! My best throwing weapon now.

Oh nice, I just noticed I made the wall of shame! I feel like I don't post that much haha...

EDarkness

*snip*

EDIT5: TONS OF FORMATTING (Learned how to make tables today!). Removed pros and cons, focused on chain frames now. Switched up Agrias base and enhanced Holy Explosion frames, corrected now. Added future units as well, because what the heck.

Doesn't 6* Terra get Chaos Wave, too? I was under the impression that her version was the same as Trance Terra's.

CGwizz

I cant get zidane in one of my acounts, holy shit, if i dont get a dual wield TM i will spend my moogles on a weapon...

I want wakkas for the TM but i only get rikkus, have 7 across all my acounts...

tuffymon

I think I'm going deep on tomorrow's banner, I could use a good support unit since I'm probably in the minority of the Ramza owners... combine that with I want a lot of both 4* Tm's >.>; Convince me otherwise D: maybe?

Syntsui

Also, no wonder Tri Attack is a bitch to chain, those frames are a joke. Before I pulledOrlandu I tried to use 2x Gregs + Noctis to do some ghetto chains and that shit never worked.

How does that move even work btw? Reddit says:
100% ST 3 Hit Physical Attack (x3 Damage)
100% damage composed of three hits? 3x 100% damage attacks? If that's the case the enhanced version is batshit insane with it's 12x attacks that will chain with another copy of Greg and literally no one else.

Rixa

I cant get zidane in one of my acounts, holy shit, if i dont get a dual wield TM i will spend my moogles on a weapon...

I want wakkas for the TM but i only get rikkus, have 7 across all my acounts...

It took 7 months to get my first Zidane :/

I think I'm going deep on tomorrow's banner, I could use a good support unit since I'm probably in the minority of the Ramza owners... combine that with I want a lot of both 4* Tm's >.>; Convince me otherwise D: maybe?

O5vPEby.gif

robotuw

Can't help you there, I plan to do the same.

Kouriozan

Well, good luck!
Sadly I can't find argument against a banner that include Lady Ashelia.

Syntsui

I'm whaling tomorrow, investments paying dividends so I'm not even giving a fuck tbh.

A dozen Ashes and Rasler should suffice.

bryt

Is the free summon part of the banner? I pulled a rainbow today and got Dark Knight Cecil. Wished it was Tidus...

Is the free summon part of the banner? I pulled a rainbow today and got Dark Knight Cecil. Wished it was Tidus...

This right here pisses me OFF! I'm a firm believer that if you pull a rainbow on a banner the rainbow needs to have a much higher chance of being the god damn banner unit and not something else. The chances of pulling a rainbow are slim as is man. I get it, gatcha, gatcha, gumi make money, blah blah but damn that shit pisses me off.

bryt

This right here pisses me OFF! I'm a firm believer that if you pull a rainbow on a banner the rainbow needs to have a much higher chance of being the god damn banner unit and not something else. The chances of pulling a rainbow are slim as is man. I get it, gatcha, gatcha, gumi make money, blah blah but damn that shit pisses me off.

Yep it pisses me off too. I had one rainbow on Orlandeau's banner as well and got a 2nd Ace lol.

Muku

We heard you like Dark Knight Cecil, so we've added more Dark Knight Cecil to your Dark Knight Cecil, so you can enjoy Dark Knight Cecil.

In all seriousness, I agree. Being on banner.. and getting a DKC vs Tidus? Ugh. I'm waiting to pull another Rainbow worth a shit on alt to replace my current DKC. He's only ok right now because of Garland.

Top Bottom