• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Hey guys, I'm looking to start PoE coop. I want to go in pretty much blind and figure things out as I go. I've got neversink and set it to regular and I've read a bit about leagues & will start in the temporary one. That's the extent of my knowledge.

Regarding ranged/melee/caster - Are there any talent areas that are considered tougher/more rewarding to play? I'm tempted to play a big boy 2 handed swinger man, but if casters/ranged have potential for fun builds then I'd gladly give it a go!

Baliis

Hey guys, I'm looking to start PoE coop. I want to go in pretty much blind and figure things out as I go. I've got neversink and set it to regular and I've read a bit about leagues & will start in the temporary one. That's the extent of my knowledge.

Regarding ranged/melee/caster - Are there any talent areas that are considered tougher/more rewarding to play? I'm tempted to play a big boy 2 handed swinger man, but if casters/ranged have potential for fun builds then I'd gladly give it a go!

There's potential for pretty much any style of play you can think of, especially if you aren't concerned about clearing maps in a minute or destroying bosses in seconds.

iamblades

Not really, the advantage for casters is that they are easier to level because your base dps isn't based off your weapon, so you can level from 1-70 with lifesprigs(or really anything with +damage mods) and not have any real issues at all. when you are doing an attack based build(ranged or melee) you are more dependent on getting weapon upgrades every now and then. Unless you go facebreaker, which takes the weapon out of the equation altogether..

Not really, the advantage for casters is that they are easier to level because your base dps isn't based off your weapon, so you can level from 1-70 with lifesprigs(or really anything with +damage mods) and not have any real issues at all. when you are doing an attack based build(ranged or melee) you are more dependent on getting weapon upgrades every now and then. Unless you go facebreaker, which takes the weapon out of the equation altogether..

There's potential for pretty much any style of play you can think of, especially if you aren't concerned about clearing maps in a minute or destroying bosses in seconds.

Thanks very much guys, I stumbled upon a vid where a guy was doing some whirlwind style attack so I'm just gonna create Guts and yolo it all, if I really enjoy it I'm sure i'll be creating more characters going forward anyway :)

Tom Penny

Game is trolling me at this point. Uber lab is pissing me off but I didn't die in like a day mapping. Then like 4 maps in a row I kill something that drops the oil or stuff that makes you super slow in combination with those exploding frost volatile things that 1 shot you. I couldnt move out of the way at all. Good bless hardcore players... You're nuts

Rufus

I'll be joining you in softcore next league. I dump too much time into this damn game.

In other news, I killed another character. Made it to 88 this time. Face-tanked an essence mob I shouldn't have face-tanked. Pure hubris.

Kinda want to level a bow build now. Never used Tornado Shot, so will probably do that.

I'll be joining you in softcore next league. I dump too much time into this damn game.

In other news, I killed another character. Made it to 88 this time. Face-tanked an essence mob I shouldn't have face-tanked. Pure hubris.

Kinda want to level a bow build now. Never used Tornado Shot, so will probably do that.

TS is really fun. If you're going Doomfletch Prism. It's extremely expensive to gear for it as a heads-up. I have one and poured probably 30 exalts into it already and I still have a long way to go. The jewels and rings where you get most of your damage from are going to cost me 20ex+ a piece to upgrade at this point and not to mention the cost of a +2 barrage abyssus.

Rufus

Nah, I don't plan to take it all the way. Not even close. Just casual mapping, If it's goon enough for T10 even half-assed, then I'll take it to 90 (provided I live that long), then bow out of the leauge. Haven't played this much for a couple of leagues now.

Nah, I don't plan to take it all the way. Not even close. Just casual mapping, If it's goon enough for T10 even half-assed, then I'll take it to 90 (provided I live that long), then bow out of the leauge. Haven't played this much for a couple of leagues now.

You grab a Doomfletch Prism on a 5L and you'll be able to clear t11s easy as hell with a Bisco's.

Lv75 Witch, feels bad man. :( I really need to find a way to fit Haste.
NsCRkI3.png

Thorgal

So I decided to give this game a shot.

I have one question :

I have been looking around for different character builds and while I have decided to go marauder berserker said build also comes with gear recommendations most of which I assume to be relics which have a low chance of dropping.

Is there a simple way of getting said gear or is it just grind and pray to RNGesus
?

Leezard

I have one question :

I have been looking around for different character builds and while I have decided to go marauder berserker said build also comes with gear recommendations most of which I assume to be relics which have a low chance of dropping.

Is there a simple way of getting said gear or is it just grind and pray to RNGesus
?

You can get some currency and then buy the gear directly at poe.trade. unless it's something particularly expensive it probably costs a chaos orb or an alch orb.

Dahbomb

I have one question :

?
You just trade for them using your currency. Most uniques aren't that expensive at all. There are a few that are extremely expensive but usually the guide makes a mention of it.

Handy Fake

Man how do you guys die that much? Get some more HP please!

Haa!

I'm SSF mind, so it's very much down to the RNG.

ES is about 4.5k, HP 1.5k...

Only a few things tend to knock me over, but they tend to do it a lot. Like the bloody Rhoas, some Harbinger mobs, Breaches etc. Ends up as a war of attrition.

I'm level 83. It's all very confusing. I'm both very good and very bad at the same time.

Dahbomb

The first Ranger I had died I believe 73 times getting to level 93. That was too much deaths for me so I played a tankier character next. Now I am back to playing Rangers because they are still my favorite class.

Handy Fake

The first Ranger I had died I believe 73 times getting to level 93. That was too much deaths for me so I played a tankier character next. Now I am back to playing Rangers because they are still my favorite class.

I'm a Witch. I try to tank too much. I don't own a 6 link. I've only got one decent Unique on.

I'm Clubber Lang-ing this thang.

Going from my Pathfinder wander mapper back to my RF jugg lab runner is terrible. It feels my character is running through molasses. It's horrible.

danowat

Banned
Ok PoEGAF, I've come up against a brick wall..........

First time I've had too much of an issue with the game, but I just cannot get past
Kitava
at the end of act 5.

I am a ranger, using tornado shot as my main skill, I also use stone golem, and seige ballista, this combo has worked quite well up untill now, so I guess I am missing something that will help.

I am lvl 47 and have 4 skill points in the bank, so what should I be looking at adding to assist with this battle?.

Leezard

First time I've had too much of an issue with the game, but I just cannot get past
Kitava
at the end of act 5.

I am a ranger, using tornado shot as my main skill, I also use stone golem, and seige ballista, this combo has worked quite well up untill now, so I guess I am missing something that will help.

I am lvl 47 and have 4 skill points in the bank, so what should I be looking at adding to assist with this battle?.

Try getting a better bow if that is an issue, buy a cheap unique bow or something like that.

Get more life with your skill points.

danowat

Banned
Try getting a better bow if that is an issue, buy a cheap unique bow or something like that.

Get more life with your skill points.

Yeah, I don't do massive damage, but I can chip away at the boss, the problem comes when
the heart kicks out, then there are tons of minnions
, which kill me within a few hits.

I think the problem is more to do with the damage done to me, and I am missing some kind of resistance somewhere, either that or my evasion / armour just isn't high enough to cope.

Should I look to buff any particular res?, should I just plough some skills into life, and / or evasion?

Leezard

Yeah, I don't do massive damage, but I can chip away at the boss, the problem comes when
the heart kicks out, then there are tons of minnions
, which kill me within a few hits.

I think the problem is more to do with the damage done to me, and I am missing some kind of resistance somewhere, either that or my evasion / armour just isn't high enough to cope.

Should I look to buff any particular res?, should I just plough some skills into life, and / or evasion?
Just put them into the life you can reach. If you can reach nodes with life + evasion then sure, get some. Pure life is better than pure evasion though.

HORRORSHØW

The game is addicting. Came over from d3. Playing blind, building around blade flurry. Up to act 9 and getting trashed by normal mobs lol but loving it.

Baliis

Just reached Act 6 / Part 2, why is it so damn tough all of a sudden?

What are your resists at? Beating Kitava in act 5 gave you the first 30% penalty and there's lots of fire damage from the totems and stuff right away in act 6 that can mess you up. Just in general it gets harder as well from now on. How much hp do you have?

Just reached Act 6 / Part 2, why is it so damn tough all of a sudden?

All of a sudden there's a ton of elemental damage right after that knock your resists down 30%. Make sure you cap your resists. Or at least the fire for the first part, lightning for the second and cold for the last part of the act. They hit you with a ton of elemental damage right when act 6 starts.

On a side note. I bought a Vaal Breach for boss fights with my wander since single target damage is pretty bad. That combined with Eshs Mirror did the trick. I melted a t15 Abyss boss with this combination. It was pricy but worth it.

Baliis

Well this just happened :

Sold it off for 9 Exalts. I'll wait before I decide how to spend it, as the only goal I have left for this season is to kill the Shaper.

Geez wish I'd sold mine the other day when they were still at like 11ex, didn't realize ex were still rising in value so much.

The Doctor is a very rare divination card. You can trade 8 of them for the Headhunter belt which is the most expensive armor in the game, currently worth about 6500 chaos orbs.

Yep. Which I have now started saving up for. I've never had a Headhunter before. God damnit I want one. Got a The Doctor card drop yesterday. Selling off my Doomfletch Prism gear as I'm not having fun with it anymore and I have a wander now. I have about 25 Exalts there. That'll get me two more cards and only a couple of Exalts from a third. So I'm halfway there. Now I've just been spamming Shaped Spider Forests. Hoping I can get one or two more drops and I can farm up the rest.

LCGeek

formerly sane
The Doctor is a very rare divination card. You can trade 8 of them for the Headhunter belt which is the most expensive armor in the game, currently worth about 6500 chaos orbs.

Holy shit that gotten insanely expensive.

Bought mine and clanmates for 120ex when they were still about 30-40c.

In other news finally started beating end game content solo with my clan bro hard carrying me. Anyone players have tips on high level farming I'm trying to up my game as making chaos is easy but would love insight on generating ex be it crafting or farming better.

Kitava
at the end of act 5.

Let us see your gear my ranger is pretty far but I'm lightning arrow and barrage cause my TS affixes never came through this season yet.

What bow are you using? You can use a death harp with tabulas pretty far in to the leveling and mapping. A 5 link setup in tabulas can get you far. Use ice golem. Ballista is nice but what are you links? I use ballista a lot early leveling until I reach mapping.

My enchants in uberlab has been crazy profitable today. Been doing just devoto's today. Made 8 exalts off of enchants in about 3 hours of uberlab running. Still have a few to sell.

Dahbomb

Anyone players have tips on high level farming I'm trying to up my game as making chaos is easy but would love insight on generating ex be it crafting or farming better.

Best is to get yourself a bunch of Tier 15 Harbringer map, then do Rotations. Get a lot of EXP and some currency, then get a Bisco because Bisco is busted.

During this time you should also be getting your Zana up to 8 so you can do Breaches in maps.

Then shape a map you like to farm. Shaped Shore, Shaped Spider Forest, Abyss, Vault etc. Sextant it so that you get all added monsters on there. Then roll at least double pack size on the map (20%+ pack size) after chiseling it to 20% and put Breach on the Zana.

Yes this sounds like you are investing a lot of currency from the get go but you need to put in money to make money. All of these things give returns especially with a Biscos.

All of my expensive stuff is finally selling. I've made 25 exalts in sales from the past 4 hours of gameplay. About 1/3 of the way to a Headhunter.

Tom Penny

Best is to get yourself a bunch of Tier 15 Harbringer map, then do Rotations. Get a lot of EXP and some currency, then get a Bisco because Bisco is busted.

During this time you should also be getting your Zana up to 8 so you can do Breaches in maps.

Then shape a map you like to farm. Shaped Shore, Shaped Spider Forest, Abyss, Vault etc. Sextant it so that you get all added monsters on there. Then roll at least double pack size on the map (20%+ pack size) after chiseling it to 20% and put Breach on the Zana.

Yes this sounds like you are investing a lot of currency from the get go but you need to put in money to make money. All of these things give returns especially with a Biscos.
how the fuck you get Zana to 8 in any type of fast manner?

Top Bottom