• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gifted |OT| Mondays on FOX at 9/8c

I love seeing Blink as an amateur right now. Especially after seeing her in Days of Future Past rip open portals with ease. It'll be fun seeing her grow.

This show is a breath of fresh air compared to what I'm watching on the CW. It's a good balance between them all. It's a good show imo. It's the usual for me, but I hate how I can't recall their names right now. I know Thunderbird/Johnny, Blink, Lauren, Lorna...... The others are a blank for me, lol.

Is it safe to say that Thunderbird also knows how to fight fight? The show's been painting him as a veteran thus far so I'm hoping when shit goes down, he can hold his own.

Ponn

Banned
I’m not ready to call it yet but this may be my new favorite comic book show. Gotham stepped its shit up over the last couple years but this is really finding its own groove and feels pretty dam fresh. I hope they keep it up and it only gets better.

This show is a lot better than I expected and I was already kinda excited.

X-Men were my favorite growing up so seeing two good X-men (Legion) related tv shows is exciting :D

I hope it's doing good in ratings would hate for Fox to cancel another show I'm enjoying too early ;_;

This show is a lot better than I expected and I was already kinda excited.

X-Men were my favorite growing up so seeing two good X-men (Legion) related tv shows is exciting :D

I hope it's doing good in ratings would hate for Fox to cancel another show I'm enjoying too early ;_;

Solid if not spectacular so far, show seems to benefit from DVR viewing which is a plus. Also Fox doesn't have many high rated shows, so I'm optimistic about its future.

3 episodes in and the show continues to be very solid.

Mom getting the mutant wake up call 2 weeks in a row, it seemed like she got it by the end of the episode. Young son already on some Magneto ish talking about robbing banks and taking out mobs.

Ol girl from Alphas played the mom w/the young kid who was trying to escape. Alphas was another show w/people with powers that was canceled too soon by Syfy.

I wonder how long the effects of Redheads power last. Seems like things went sour in the past.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- Andy about to make a heel turn already
- Proudstar, Eclipse, and Blink are still cool
- False memories, I'm sure this won't go horrible awry
- I like that these assholes were clearly based off those self decorated border control weirdos

Show is dancing in the grey a lot, which is nice. Nobody, even the Sentinel Services guy, is straight up evil. Reed even came around on selling out other Mutants to get his family

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Has there been anything said about whether this takes place in continuity with the films?

I think the official answer is the focus is on it being its own thing. They acknowledge the past existence of the X-Men, but it isn't bending to fit all the inconsistencies in the X-Men film franchise. The films are barely in continuity with each other, so that's probably the best approach.

SRG01

His name's Eclipse and not Sunspot? :/

Also, closed captioning said that Johnny was Thunderbird and not Proudstar?

Good episode.

Still very much early into the plot but I'm enjoying getting to know the characters better.

Still wishing to see the family gone in season 2.

Vic_Viper

Who is the Redhead that offered to implant the false memories in Blink? I swear Johnny called her Rachel but cant be sure.

Is anyone putting together a list of all the characters in the show so far?

Grizzlyjin

Who is the Redhead that offered to implant the false memories in Blink? I swear Johnny called her Rachel but cant be sure.

Dreamer in the show, Beautiful Dreamer in the comics.

Solid if not spectacular so far, show seems to benefit from DVR viewing which is a plus. Also Fox doesn't have many high rated shows, so I'm optimistic about its future.

3 episodes in and the show continues to be very solid.

Mom getting the mutant wake up call 2 weeks in a row, it seemed like she got it by the end of the episode. Young son already on some Magneto ish talking about robbing banks and taking out mobs.

Ol girl from Alphas played the mom w/the young kid who was trying to escape. Alphas was another show w/people with powers that was canceled too soon by Syfy.

I wonder how long the effects of Redheads power last. Seems like things went sour in the past.

That's good to hear, I'm really surprised by the quality of this show.

This is what I can find from IMDb and Google:

from various sources via Google said:
Johnny = Thunderbird, Native American Dude: enhanced human abilities, near/at peak human.
Clarice = Blink, Asian American Girl able to open portals to different locations, with experience she can throw "spikes" at objects that can port them to another location.
Marco = Eclipse, Mexican/Latino American Dude?: capable of inflicting sick burns, my dude, but he is able to manipulate photons of some sort. He's a new character that they made up, I think.
Lorna = Polaris, White American Girl with Green Hair: daughter of Magneto so she is able to manipulate magnetic waves
Lauren = ?, White American Girl with Blonde Hair: she seems to be able to manipulate a few elements between wind, water, and possibly enhance or nullify mutant abilities? Maybe she just manipulates energy?
Andy = ?, White American Kid: he seems to be able to manipulate vibrations of some sort. These two are possibly and loosely connected to the Fenris Twins from the comics.
Redhead Girl = Dreamer: wasn't able to pinpoint who she is, name-wise. Able to use smoke to put false memories into a person's mind.

This is what I can find from IMDb and Google:

Cool, thanks!

Alphas was another show w/people with powers that was canceled too soon by Syfy.

Oh yeah, I remember I enjoyed that show, sucked when it got canceled.

That's good to hear, I'm really surprised by the quality of this show.

Yeah, it's off to a really good start. Was curious if it could keep up the tone, atmosphere, and pacing (and power usage whenever needed) of the premiere but they have and I've really enjoyed every ep so far and the preview for next week's looks great too.
Can't wait for next week.

Buckle

Curious to see how long it'll take before some of the cast splinter off into something resembling the brotherhood.

Andy seems primed for it already and curious to see if the prison stuff will end up breaking Polaris.

Aeon712

So was there any reason why Polaris couldn't use the metal on the truck when she got her powers back? Could her powers not go through the plastic box?

Anyways this and The Brave are my favorite new shows of the season.

So was there any reason why Polaris couldn't use the metal on the truck when she got her powers back? Could her powers not go through the plastic box?

Yeah. Pretty sure this is the case and that's the reason she still couldn't do it at first.
This was another great episode.

OmniGamer

I guess Lauren using her power to help contain/focus Andy's power was a variation of them needing to be in physical contact to use their powers in the comics.

So far so good with this series. It's like night and day compared to Inhumans

AoM

Not even sure anyone (who's left) is watching, but another good episode. Really enjoying the creative use of powers.

Gandara

So we have a call back to the Fenris twins (a lot made that connection) and they just introduced the stepford cuckoos.

And one of the main cast just died in latest episode.

I still have a hard time feeling sorry for the sentinel service guy even when he does try to do the right thing.

Grizzlyjin

I'm watching it a couple of days later, hopefully i'll have time to watch this week's today.
How many episodes will this season have?

13, pretty sure they just finished filming the season finale. Sucks that we only have 3 more episodes after the "midseason" finale lol

Show is still really good. It doesn't shy away from getting into the comic stuff. Nice little Weapon X shout-out in the last episode.

Aeon712

I guess the ep has been out long enough to not need spoiler tags but
Whyyyy did it have to be Dreamer
? Of all the randoms in the Underground they had to get rid of a character I liked. Also if the Telepath was that strong why did she need their help in the first place? She seemed way to OP.

Grizzlyjin

I guess the ep has been out long enough to not need spoiler tags but
Whyyyy did it have to be Dreamer
? Of all the randoms in the Underground they had to get rid of a character I liked. Also if the Telepath was that strong why did she need their help in the first place? She seemed way to OP.

Dreamer never really worked for me personally. I even like the computer mutant more cause she had some decent moments with Papa Strucker.

I do wonder where they're going with having the Stepford Cuckoos on the show. Now we know why Esme was so shady, but beyond that was she being herself?

Gandara

Garret Dillahunt's character Dr Campbell reminds me of an evil version of Jody on the Mindy Project. Hard to take the character seriously.

Assuming the timeline matches the movies Magneto would have been almost 60 when he got Lorna's mother pregnant, right?

They really need to put Shatter out in the field next season.

Top Bottom