• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/30/09 – Fat Princess

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kagari said:
Whoa, Seiken is back...
:D I've been wanting to ask you what the fuck happened to your tag for 3 months or something (but not been able to)... so what happened? PM if you want.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Seiken said:
:D I've been wanting to ask you what the fuck happened to your tag for 3 months or something (but not been able to)... so what happened? PM if you want.

I got my Member tag back.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Teetris said:
What the hell? What's Crystal Defenders? Old?
Released in the EU stores last week, really great game :).

noah111

Still Alive
Zek said:
What was wrong with FP's beta?
Nothing, other than some server/lag issues here and there, and perhaps some very minor glitches.. which are all probably fixed, considering it was a closer beta that was (even at the time) an old build.

Yoshichan

Sentry said:
Nothing, other than some server/lag issues here and there, and perhaps some very minor glitches.. which are all probably fixed, considering it was a closer beta that was (even at the time) an old build.
So what's up with everyone reacting the way they did? I've only read opinions from GAFers.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Zek said:
What was wrong with FP's beta?
It was too awesome.

Released in the EU stores last week, really great game :).
Ah, tried out the demo. Not bad, but not worth 10 bucks for me. Menu had me thinking I was about to get some epic Final Fantasy game too. :lol

Yoshichan

Teetris said:
Ah, tried out the demo. Not bad, but not worth 10 bucks for me. Menu had me thinking I was about to get some epic Final Fantasy game too. :lol
Yeah I guess I kinda loved it more than I should be doing, since it's my first Tower Defense game in a long time (since PJ: Monsters, I think!). You also get more classes in the full game, it really adds to the fun :). Anyway, consider it!

Sentry said:

I wouldn't call the entire aiming system of one class getting shot to shit a minor glitch. Nor the Princess disappearing on the map due to lag so no-one could win either. It was clear from the Beta there was going to be a delay, now we wait and see if they polished it up super-tight.

noah111

Still Alive
Seiken said:
So what's up with everyone reacting the way they did? I've only read opinions from GAFers.
Generally, due to the online lag, issues and whatnot, people stuck to the offline play with AI bots, which after playing the same map over and over with non-enjoyable 'allies' it got boring thus making some question the gameplay and the longevity/replay value of the game..

Basically, the online multiplayer play is what this game is meant for, teamwork is a key role and with bots you just can't get that much out of it..

Seriously, the meltdowns were pretty hilarious, I didn't even understand what some were upset with.

SecretBonusPoint said:
I wouldn't call the entire aiming system of one class getting shot to shit a minor glitch. Nor the Princess disappearing on the map due to lag so no-one could win either. It was clear from the Beta there was going to be a delay, now we wait and see if they polished it up super-tight.
What class was that (what specifically are you referring to)? And again, that has to do with lag and online server issues, not the game itself (that never occurred during offline play), therefore it's obvious beta-technical issues and not fundamental gameplay flaws.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What happened with Legacy of Kain again? I know it dropped off the ERSB list a couple of weeks ago but never saw why. Maybe they were unable to resolve the publishing rights issues between S-E, Eidos, CD and SK.

Fat Princess for me this week. I don't care how it is, been excited since I first saw the trailer. Although, I didn't pay attention to it during the beta so was something wrong with it? Hope whatever was wrong is fixed. I know it was a beta but still, it seems like it was just a little while ago I remember the thread.

Yay, Seiken's back. I've missed seeing your avatar. :lol

Tellaerin

Chromax said:
Way too many people confuses beta with demo these days.

Companies need to drive the point home. Maybe they ought to add an unskippable message when you start the game. Something to the effect of, 'This is a beta test. The game is in a playable but incomplete state. There will be bugs, missing features, and unfinished content. As a beta tester, you are here to find and report problems with the game so that they can be corrected before it's released,' in inch-high, neon-red block capitals. Force people to look at that for fifteen seconds or so before they can play the game and maybe the message will sink in, though there will always be a few hopeless cases that will never get it.

Yoshichan

VGChampion said:
Although, I didn't pay attention to it during the beta so was something wrong with it? Hope whatever was wrong is fixed.

Sentry said:
Generally, due to the online lag, issues and whatnot, people stuck to the offline play with AI bots, which after playing the same map over and over with non-enjoyable 'allies' it got boring thus making some question the gameplay and the longevity/replay value of the game..

VGChampion said:
Yay, Seiken's back. I've missed seeing your avatar. :lol
Everyone keeps saying that they missed my avatar, not the actual Seiken :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gibration said:

Old.

The game in question is Rag Doll Kung-Fu, and he'll be made available as a playable character as part of tomorrow's PlayStation Store update he'll join the game's unlockable characters in a "time savers" pack (as in, pay money for the pack, save you the time unlocking them).

Slowtaku fails again, he was already unlockable. But given how the games crap and the challenges are bullshit (esp. that survival gold one) hardly anyone has him. :lol

Fixed1979

Sentry said:
Seriously, the meltdowns were pretty hilarious, I didn't even understand what some were upset with.

I wasn't upset about it, but it was really bad when the beta first started. They had employees create special PSN accounts so that testers could join a friends game as the search for a game function was pretty much unusable. The players disappearing, princess disappearing, the game being over but never actually ending. It was all net code related as the single player v bots game ran smooth. Unfortuantely the bots weren't too smart and you could easily take control of a large game by yourself, so it grew boring pretty quick

I ended up uninstalling it after about a week because it just wasn't worth the frustration. I will however pick it up tomorrow assuming they have everything ironed out as the core game is really fun.

EDIT: Oh and as it's my first time posting in the PSN store thread, I wanna thank everyone who's been involved with creating this thing from the start. This has always been one of my most watched threads and I know it was a lot of work to get going, and is a lot of work to keep updating.

KiNeSiS

Banned
truly101 said:
What happened with Legacy of Kain again? I know it dropped off the ERSB list a couple of weeks ago but never saw why. Maybe they were unable to resolve the publishing rights issues between S-E, Eidos, CD and SK.

=*(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JPSN update is up... I'll get the whole thing in a bit, but from a glance I see:
A bunch of PSP downloadables...
Coded Arms
Gitaroo Man
Dynasty Warriors

Agarest Senki Zero content...

Pretty boring update.

Lothars

I will probably be buying Fat Princess tomorrow especially since Trine's not coming out this week but hopefully there is some cool stuff out this week.

Vard

Kagari said:
JPSN update is up... I'll get the whole thing in a bit, but from a glance I see:
Gitaroo Man
:O
How much is it? This must be the PSP one though, right? I don't think there have been any PS2 games on PSN but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I've been following PSN Store threads for a few months now... but about the banner...
I don't get it. So wrestlers are hidden in every week's banner or something? I looked at the flowers in this banner like someone said to but I still don't get what I'm supposed to see. I see no wrestlers in flowers. Please explain.

Top Bottom