• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/30/09 – Fat Princess

twl

Banned
Tbh, i couldnt give a rats ass about the pricing, im just happy that we (EU) don't have to wait for another month or 9 to get the game, that's worth more than the "overpricing" to me.

However, its no news that EU are getting the long shaft when it comes to music, games and movies, suppose I'm just used to it by now.

Japanese store got a Rag Doll Kung Fu Demo (guess most of us have the full us version anyway though ^^)

and a trailer for Janline R, some boardgame with videochat?

iapetus said:
People who don't buy the game because of the price aren't screwing the developers over - the people who set the unreasonable price are screwing them over.
From PSBlogs Mike Kebby:
I can’t comment on pricing I’m afraid, the prices come from the publishers for third party content, and the developers for SCE published content.
Isn't SCE publishing the game? So isn't it Titan Studios who set the price if this is true?

Tideas

Banned
15 euros = price + tax (17%)

price = 12.81 euros. convert to USD = $18.

So you're paying $3 more...or $2 euros more.

12 pounds = price + tax (17%)

price = 10.25 pounds. convert to USD = $16.8. That's $1.8 more...which is 1 pound more...

F#A#Oo

Banned
Titan screws the consumer over...Yay!

Fat Princess has gone from being my No.1 most anticipated PSN game for 2 the past 2 years to "What the Christ?"...

If Titan think they can sell FP on anticipation alone their sorely mistaken and I hope they regret the day they tried to screw people on pricing.

On top of all of this they give the buyer meagre trophies...I'm not a trophy whore or nothing (check my PSN) but even I know that typically the more expensive or bigger the game the more trophies and rewards given...so for any trophy whores out there they are just not getting enough...

Tideas said:
15 euros = price + tax (17%)

price = 12.81 euros. convert to USD = $18.

So you're paying $3 more...or $2 euros more.

12 pounds = price + tax (17%)

price = 10.25 pounds. convert to USD = $16.8. That's $1.8 more...which is 1 pound more...

Please don't try to justify this BS...everyone knows Titan think they can pull a Square-Enix and have a premium for Fat Princess...

kaleii

Wow, all this hatred for 2 measly euros.

Mind you, the reason why I'm so calm is perhaps because the conversion rate into SEK is really fortunate for us Swedes :)

But still... 2 euros. C'mon.

Xater

kaleii said:

Mind you, the reason why I'm so calm is perhaps because the conversion rate into SEK is really fortunate for us Swedes :)

Times are tough. Every Euro counts. ;)

F#A#Oo

Banned
kaleii said:

Its the principle...

€2 today maybe €5 next week...

F#A#Oo

Banned
Wollan said:
A great game with thrice the production values of your usual ten buck title.

They should have priced it accordingly...

There is no reason for the price disparity other then to tax Europeans that little bit more...

Fat Princess just doesnt seem to be in the same quality tier as Wipeout HD to justify the price, when its really going to be a multiplayer only game, especially not with Battlefield undercutting it.

Tntnnbltn

Tntnnbltn said:
ndx280.png
Seeming how people complained about the effect of VAT, I made a second graph which normalises everything. Prices are expressed as a percentage of the US price (where 100% is a direct conversion based on exchange rate at time of release). I marked the 20% addition thanks to VAT.

vq4qd5.png

The second graph though doesn't show the variation in exchange rate like the first. The 130% of R&C:QFB ended up being ~110% six months later. So they are best used in conjunction. :)

Lain

Shatter came out just last week with great production value and the price was comparable for every market.
I don't really understand why people would try to justify this, even if the difference is "only" 2 euro.
Being pissed by the price disparity is totally legitimate in my eyes.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm either buying Fat Princess from the US store, or not buying it at all.

Brewer said:
Fat Princess is up (EU)! But you need to search for it manually tho.

speaking of that, why do only the UK and JP stores have the full-text-search feature (the one the US store only has in the movie section). It works pretty good and it is really handy.

kaleii

Lain said:
Shatter came out just last week with great production value and the price was comparable for every market.
I don't really understand why people would try to justify this, even if the difference is "only" 2 euro.
Being pissed by the price disparity is totally legitimate in my eyes.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm either buying Fat Princess from the US store, or not buying it at all.

Just a quick question... would all you indignated and irate people be happier if the US version cost more, so that it was on par with 15euro (i.e. 20 USD or whatever the equivalent is)?

I'd be interested to know if it's about the actual cost or the fact that we're paying more? Because until the other day you had no idea what the price was. Personally, I thought it would cost more.

Drame

Wollan said:
The beta was twice as big I think, with just one map... what's going on :p

I have no idea, but I'll post some impressions as soon as my download finishes, if I find some games of course.

SolidusDave said:
speaking of that, why do only the UK and JP stores have the full-text-search feature (the one the US store only has in the movie section). It works pretty good and it is really handy.

Don't get me started. Dutch PSN doesn't have it at all. And when browsing through games, you first have to guess which genre it is in. It doesn't even have a demo section. Dutch PSN monkey should be put down.

Tntnnbltn

kaleii said:
I'd be interested to know if it's about the actual cost or the fact that we're paying more? Because until the other day you had no idea what the price was. Personally, I thought it would cost more.
For me: The general trend of certain games being over-priced for PAL countries because publishers think they can get away with it. What is so special about Fat Princess that justifies a 20% hike for Europeans compared to other titles released during the same time period?

webrunner

Tntnnbltn said:
For me: The general trend of certain games being over-priced for PAL countries because publishers think they can get away with it. What is so special about Fat Princess that justifies a 20% hike for Europeans compared to other titles released during the same time period?

Monarchy fee for featuring a princess.

PjotrStroganov said:
Don't get me started. Dutch PSN doesn't have it at all. And when browsing through games, you first have to guess which genre it is in. It doesn't even have a demo section. Dutch PSN monkey should be put down.

It is like that in nearly all other PAL-stores, the US store is ok because it his better categorized.
For browsing is is ok, but I was just wondering why not every store includes the search button, should not involve any work, eh? (and less than creating+sorting new categories)

I could care less how awkward the categorization is, if i.e. I can just open the text search like in the UK-store, type in "princess" (+ prediction of the xmb-textinput) and it will list me all the Fat Princess stuff that is available in the UK store, beginning with the newest item (in this case the game, before the front update was up, too). It will also list me stuff like Prince of Persia, but below all the correct matching searchitems.

edit: oh and it is strange, that the US-store uses this feature in the video store but not in the normal PS store.

vehn

why don't you Euro's split the cost with 4 other people by sharing the game? Then it only costs each person 3€, much more manageable

dk_

YianGaruga said:
Siren Blood Curse is on the German Store? How the hell did that happen?
"You should start to see more billable 16+/18+ content on the German store in the coming weeks/months."

Link

Was it definitely not up before today?
Nothing with a rating of 18+ was allowed on the German store... until now.
Tntnnbltn said:
Good Lord! They finally managed to get their shit together? How awesome is that?
On the other hand though, once again no trial on the German store for Watchmen. Same with BF 1943. You can buy it directly though.

STG

YianGaruga said:
Nothing with a rating of 18+ was allowed on the German store... until now.

Good Lord! They finally managed to get their shit together? How awesome is that?
that is soooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!

please someone hold my hand, I want to last this forever

Top Bottom