• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arika officially comfirms name of their new game (Beta: Dec 11th on PS4)

The official name of their game is now called Fighting EX Layer (What everyone has been calling it all this time).

They also have a PlayStation blog where they're talking about their upcoming beta and a playable demo that will be shown at PSX in December.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/15/fighting-ex-layer-coming-to-ps4-beta-begins-december-11/

It's been awhile since we've made some announcements, so today I'd like to share two new pieces of news with you all. Up until now, we've been referring to our project as ”The Mysterious Fighting Game," but we're happy to announce that it finally has an official name: it's Fighting EX Layer!

The next piece of news is that the dates for the beta test have been decided! Immediately following the conclusion of Playstation Experience on December 11, we will be holding the beta test for a two week period! There will be six characters playable in total: Kairi, Garuda, Skullomania, Darun Mister, Allen Snider, and Shirase.

Update: Video footage of Shirase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=pTe3Fv-aXNo

ngiaknl.png

2MA7jpz.png

dFLfFCV.png

I hope it plays well. If not, I hope they delay it. I don't want to see a small developer try small fixes for things after launch because they havent the budget to overhaul what doesn't work before release.

For the special beta release of Fighting EX Layer, I'll be playing both FEXL on PS4 and Street Fighter EX on PS1 simultaneously. Follow my twitch.TV. I am also streaming the latest Yakuza game (Kiwami 2 the remake of Yakuza 2) and the original Yakuza 2 simultaneously. :

https://www.twitch.tv/theelecplay

PreezNT

Neo Member
This game is looking really good so far. I like the art style and the gameplay looks decent. Can't believe we're are getting 2 other 3D games in 2018.

Impressions so far:
This is SFEX2 without Excel and Meteo Combos. It plays great, feels great and, well, it's just great. they even tightened up the juggling system a little (which threw me off a little at first).

Online is solid when it is solid. I feel like the minimum connection request when matchmaking is either not working or not a real indication of quality. I don't expect 5 bars all the time but asking for 4 bars or better and barely getting that once is weird.

So far I've had:
1 person who kept running it back with because it at least felt like they were new to how the games play and were getting the hang of it. Connection wasn't amazing but it was easily 3-4 bars.
1 person who really didn't want to keep playing and rage quite on the 3rd match.
1 person who was pretty clearly lag switching or something similar, since the first match (that I lost) was smooth as butter all 4 rounds, second match I won 2 rounds then immediately after the second round the connection went to shit and stayed there for another few matches until the dude just outright ended the game at the rematch screen.
1 person who lagged REALLY badly while playing Darun and only knew how to do 2 things.
1 person that I tried to play that just outright stopped the match 10 seconds in.

I've found some really weird bugs/issues with hit detection and I feel like maybe the dashing attacks don't need to be there. They do less damage, aren't terribly hard to avoid/block (when there's not a lot of lag anyway), and they at least see to have some higher priority over other standard normals. 2 people almost literally just made it their MO to do dash in attack chains then either a) cancel into their safest super then dash back and do t again or b) dash back and do it again.

Either way, I'm very happy to have this and hope we get more character and system reveals sooner than later, as I wants mah Pullum back. This kind of feels like what SFEX3 should have been instead of what we got (even though I enjoy EX3). Here's hoping this is a good sign of the final game, because what I'm seeing here is fantastic.

Darun is mad fun in this holy shit

One thing I don't like in general is models not being mirrored. Results in moves looking different depending on which side the character is.

Top Bottom