• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

It shouldn't, as the Mega Man 3 soundtrack was included in previous compilations, such as the Rockman Sound Box CD collection, as well as being made available on Capcom Unity's digital store front. Perhaps it's due to space on the vinyl's?

Pff, don't buy that explanation. Tracks are about 2 minutes long each. And there are 5(five) tracks from Megaman 2. They could have given one or two out of those for Megaman 3. Megaman 7 also was given 3 tracks, who cares for those :D

Snakeman or Topman themes are amazing. Will be sorely missed :/

And with a proper vinyl pressing they could fit over 30 minutes of music on each side. Dunno about this being a picdisk though.

From Mondo at SDCC. Will be online later this month:

media

Very cool, would love this. Would love it even more if they put a bit more effort into arranging the album rather than just dumping a bunch of sub-2 minute tracks together. The original OST release felt so lackluster.

Very cool, would love this. Would love it even more if they put a bit more effort into arranging the album rather than just dumping a bunch of sub-2 minute tracks together. The original OST release felt so lackluster.

yeah i hope that 4 vinyl records in there are not onesided with etched B-sides and the total runtime is the same 55 minutes :D

Damn I had no idea FC4 was on vinyl. That's a beautiful package. TLOU I'm not sure I'll buy because I'm sure it'll be like 75+.

Also this is the best thread on gaf now.

Atrophis

i hate you :(

OP: what do you you guys use to play them? (i use rega rp1 with 2 kef Q300's )

I'm in the middle of upgrading. Just bought a Rotel RB-1070 power amp and on the look out on ebay for the matching preamp at a decent price.

I use B&W 603 series 3 floorstanders which won't be changing. I don't have a turntable yet because I don't have the space at the moment but I will be getting a ProJect Debut Carbon Esprit SB when I have a clear out and rearrange my living room.

i hate you :(

OP: what do you you guys use to play them? (i use rega rp1 with 2 kef Q300's )

I managed to pick up a Rega RP1 about a year ago for a reasonable price used, love it to bits. The rest of the setup isn't super special. An okay phono preamp whose model I can't remember, into an Onkyo AVR, into some vintage-ish Wharfedale speakers I picked up for $20 around the same time last year.

Sounds wonderful to my ears, though!

Some setup pics from an old house
E9vNwSc.jpg

6c4EFkz.jpg

amnesiac

yeah i mentioned that too before, should be titled Megaman 1-2, 4-10 :(

Was there a different composer for that game and the copyrights are lost from capcom or something?

It shouldn't, as the Mega Man 3 soundtrack was included in previous compilations, such as the Rockman Sound Box CD collection, as well as being made available on Capcom Unity's digital store front. Perhaps it's due to space on the vinyl's?

Well, there's been some chatter that another company may have the rights to put out MM3 on vinyl, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

amnesiac

WTF? Minecraft, Streets of Rage, Shenmue, Mega Man, The Last of Us, Battletoads, and Street Fighter II in the same year!?

WTF? Minecraft, Streets of Rage, Shenmue, Mega Man, The Last of Us, Battletoads, and Street Fighter II in the same year!?

yeah a LOT of companies seem to be awakening to this vinyl craze at the same time and few of these seem to be picking the target audience of "~30 year old videogame enthusiasts" :D

(i'm not complaining, please let me know where to send all my moneys)

I picked up the Battletoada vinyl. Will post pictures soon.

Nice! Cant wait to see pics. Also lucky. Wish I could get my hands on it.

Edit: also saw a few posts about hotline miami vinyl. I have MOON EP, Particles EP on 12" x 2, El huevo dasuke on cassette and 7". Gave up on the other artists stuff as it turned out way too expensive.

Also hohokum vinyl is <3

I really wish they did one for Sound Shapes.

I had a dream I missed this last night as it sold out.

The thirst is real.

Will it be limited in some way? I as because lately Mondo hass been pretty good about taking preorders a few months in advance and making sure to fulfill all of them. At least when it comes to vinyl LPs.

Will it be limited in some way? I as because lately Mondo hass been pretty good about taking preorders a few months in advance and making sure to fulfill all of them. At least when it comes to vinyl LPs.

sometimes. If they do Pre-Orders, like with Mad Max, they will take as many orders as they can get. However with titles that are already pressed in limited quantities, like the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World vinyl, they are sold out in under 5 minutes.

robotrock

Banned
sometimes. If they do Pre-Orders, like with Mad Max, they will take as many orders as they can get. However with titles that are already pressed in limited quantities, like the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World vinyl, they are sold out in under 5 minutes.

I wish we had details on it. They aren't selling it at SDCC are they?

I need a date, a price, and a way to guarantee it into my hands.

Edit: Oh, online preorder at the end of the month for $75?

was hoping it would be the pause music

edit: comic con exclusive FUUUUCKKKKKK. that thing is gonna be a million dollars on ebay.

edit: "SDCC Exclusive Edition" - maybe that implies a non SDCC print run later on. i will buy it.

yeah a regular black edition or something will be sold to us weak europeans etc. :D

Auctopus

this will 100% be the case of the latter.

same art, black vinyl, no sound thing seems like a good normal edition

i wouldn't care about the sound thing unless it had the pause music, then i'd be super salty haha

Top Bottom