• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING! Sony's studio for securing ports: We are working on securing ports!

I don't really understand this. News coming of third party games for PS platforms? Well, you don't say?

Gio Corsi's division was set-up for Sony to have an official division to support/negotiate bringing over 3rd-party games that would otherwise never happen. ( indie games, Japanese games, etc )

This isn't a "we're talking to Activision about Destiny", this is a "we're talking to Square about Type-0" or a "we're talking to PC dev about this PC exclusive game that he had no intentions of bringing to consoles.."

Xater

I don't really understand this. News coming of third party games for PS platforms? Well, you don't say?

This is a group within Sony that supports third parties in developing games for Sony platforms. This would mean those games would be exclusive.

DeviantBoi

I suggested Dota 2 and Hearthstone for the PS4.

Also a sequel to 3D Dot Game Heroes.

I don't know about the first two, but the second one isn't too implausible, especially considering that the block look is in right now.

fBzamj6.png

Bioshock-Vita.jpg

shots fired

RalchAC

Could this guy make Persona 5 on PS4 happen sooner? He should do that.

Or in 3-5 years if its Square Enix.

Or never if its Valve or Japan Studio.

Fixed :)

PSO2. Please.

PSO2 and Type-0 are the only things I want!

FF Type 0 Vita!Believe!

I think is Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PS Vita.

Gio, can I have Type-0 on Vita, thanks.

All of this x1000.

SEGA should seriously get PSO2 on the PS4 and release it in the West (for PS4/Vita/PC or PS4/Vita if it's Sony funded).
And get Nova too while they're at it.

iceatcs

fBzamj6.png

Bioshock-Vita.jpg

shots fired

I think it is the main reason why Corsi doing that because Bioshock Vita before this tweet. People complain too many vaporware titles.
Nice to see Sony doing this way. So that why we didn't get much announce because no point to hype the title for 8 months or more +

Nakazato

I don't expect any big announcements at GDC. Speaking of which, have they even showed or made any big announcement there?

And like i said, they abuse the word "soon" way too often.

Shahid Ahmad is guilty of it so many times now that it is not even funny. He dropped the news that #JRPGVITA news will be coming "soon" and it has been about 1 month now.
wasnt LBP GDC

Man PSO f2p PS4 and we get the vita version cross compatible with PC *Drools*

Lol, what's this thread about, some empty old tweet? Looking forward to what this initiative will bring us (Yakuza 5 + Ishin please), but there's nothing new here.

I don't expect any big announcements at GDC. Speaking of which, have they even showed or made any big announcement there?

And like i said, they abuse the word "soon" way too often.

Shahid Ahmad is guilty of it so many times now that it is not even funny. He dropped the news that #JRPGVITA news will be coming "soon" and it has been about 1 month now.

HOME and LBP were both announced at GDC 2007. However, keep in mind that LBP was all about creation so suited GDC perfectly. And HOME was announced there to entice developers in to creating content for the service to compliment their games.

DieH@rd

Banned
Adam talked about this before PS4 was launched, a very good idea. Hopefully output of this team will not be 1-2 games per year.

They need to aggressively talk with publisher/devs, secure their content that is wanted by fans, and find new devs who will be willing to do porting/localizing jobs.

Now... who I need to harass to force them to port Red Dead Redemption on PS4? :D

watershed

Banned
No seriously, what is going on with the thread title?

Having a department for securing ports is interesting if it gets them games that would otherwise never come to Playstation platforms.

Top Bottom