• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

What are the Classified Gear Sets in this Global Event? The one time I wish Ubisoft would have emailed me details on the Assault Global Event going live they don't. Had no idea it was live.

I'm guessing the Reclaimer set is one of the classifieds this time and with the late start it's unlikely I'll get a full set.

What are the Classified Gear Sets in this Global Event? The one time I wish Ubisoft would have emailed me details on the Assault Global Event going live they don't. Had no idea it was live.

I'm guessing the Reclaimer set is one of the classifieds this time and with the late start it's unlikely I'll get a full set.

Striker, Sentry & Reclaimer 😀

How fast are you guys accumulating the classified gear sets? Just curious if the drop rate has changed as I don't know if I have it in me to jump in and go hardcore at it for the next four days in trying to at least walk out of it with both the Reclaimer and Striker sets.

I've been on a hardcore Destiny 2 binge to say the least.

Edit: First two Superior Caches have given me a Striker and Reclaimer classified piece. The God-tier Classified Lone Star set is a riot with Assault.

Edit 2: After 5 Superior Caches...

4 Classified Reclaimer
2 Classified Sentry
1 Classified Striker

...not bad, not bad at all.

rpcdrag0n

I've opened 16 so far, got 5 strikers and at least 2 of the others, loads of dupes too. Drop rate is better for me than the last GE.

GazzaGSi

Is the “Mass Extraction” trophy glitched for anyone else? I’ve extracted items on all 8 extraction points accross DZ at least once but the trophy just wouldn’t unlock

The commendation also does not show the extraction count for me >> https://i.imgur.com/AMbzHSr.jpg

I’ve done it all on solo.
What am I doing wrong :/

Sorry mate I dont know what to suggest, it popped for me (before the expansion to the dz) without any issue. All I can recommend is to try the original extraction zones (DZ01-06) again as DZ 7 AND 8 shouldn't be required for the trophy with them coming after the game released.

You should be able to smash it without going into full dedication, living the game only over the weekend. Drops seem really good for classifieds. I booted it up for the first time earlier and ran Lex 4 times, acouple of Russian consulate and open world bosses with enough credits for 5 1500 credit caches and got 8 classifieds. Seems alot more generous than the outbreak rng for classifieds.

I'm absolutely loving my MP5 lonestar 6 piece classy. Had berserker proc twice sometimes three times on the bounce it's absolutely mental in Assault. I like all the gearsets this GE so happily taking any classified drops that come and will farm for any pieces missing in the open world once the GE comes to an end.

Felt good and enjoyable to be back, looking forward to 1.8 now with the expansion, new modes and optimisation.

USF

Sorry mate I dont know what to suggest, it popped for me (before the expansion to the dz) without any issue. All I can recommend is to try the original extraction zones (DZ01-06) again as DZ 7 AND 8 shouldn't be required for the trophy with them coming after the game released.

I went through it all again in one sitting and got it
Now off to the collectibles trophies :) Thanks for replying

GazzaGSi

I went through it all again in one sitting and got it
Now off to the collectibles trophies :) Thanks for replying

Fab! I could've sworn I did all the extractions and didn't get the trophy but going through them again it popped at the dz04 extraction for me.

I guess you probably have but just incase, all collectibles appear on the map for each district if you clear all available side missions in that district and have the perk from the tech wing.

Speaking of the GE, I opened like up about 55 caches and overall I got the full classified sets of Sentry and Reclaimer.

Striker is at 5 pieces at the moment, so the gloves is the only one that still eludes me.

Of course, RNG decided to troll me with the last superior cache I bought by giving me two non-classified Striker gloves ._.

GazzaGSi

Of course, RNG decided to troll me with the last superior cache I bought by giving me two non-classified Striker gloves ._.

lol my first cache had this (striker and reclaimer trash pieces) and I was like, oh ffs here we go again! But they've been pretty steady since so can't complain.

JDB

Banned
Anyone wanna help me and my friend out with the Falcon Lost incursion? We're don't really know what we're doing at the moment.

(on PC)

ISOM

I'm thinking of hopping back into the game. What's the community like? Still active? Do I need to buy the expansion packs?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Gonna add myself to the pool here:

uPlay: PrinceEggTarts

Fair warning, I'm going on vacation for a week starting now, so I'm not gonna be on ;)

Vashu

Gonna add myself to the pool here:

uPlay: PrinceEggTarts

Fair warning, I'm going on vacation for a week starting now, so I'm not gonna be on ;)

Ah, yeah, I was wondering who it was that added me. Heyo! :p

And ISOM: Well, you don't exactly _need_ the expansions since they're basically three different modes that were added that don't really need to be played if you only want to do the Global Event and other stuff. Although I think you will be missing out on some incursions I believe.

Personally, I really love Survival, there's something about trying to survive a blizzard that has the potential to kill you, a virus that slowly kills you and enemies that definitely want to kill you.

And then, when you got all your gear, are no longer affected by the cold, slowed the virus for a while and take out all the strong enemies, you call for a ride and you get killed by a Hunter. Or survive and get out! :D

Underground has some fun challenges as well, and you can decide on the difficulty yourself. Plus, I liked to delve deeper into the lore of the game and collect all the voice messages and stuff.

Last Stand is a PVP mode, which can be fun, but it's not really my cup of tea.

With 1.8 on the way, a brand new area will be added for free including a new horde mode, so you've got plenty of stuff to do. If you have a couple of friends to play it with regularly it can be more fun, but I never had a lot of trouble of finding team mates as the community is still active apparently.

JDB

Banned
Personally I think the game is very underwhelming without the DLC. With the DLC there's a nice amount of content that makes the progression towards level 256 very smooth and non-grindy. I feel it's pretty much what it should've been like at launch.

GazzaGSi

Please RNGesus bless me with the striker or sentry classified holsters. Many thanks

If only we could trade, I have multiples of both but knee pads nada lol

Man, assault is so fun when the team is on point in a major assault. Burning through Russian Consulate in what seems under 10 minutes, it's manic.

Got the mask for defeating 500 LMB but have no desire to run Falcon Lost for the others so just working on accumulating GE Credits. Interested to see what the next 2 Global Events are when they drop on the PTS.

I guess most are but damn, I am struggling for space in my backpack and stash. When I get a classified I burn the original but keeping classified dupes. With all Loadouts utilised and afew extras in my backpack I'm running with around 85-90 items and almost 140 in the stash. Also keeping Hunters Faith items after hearing about the rework too when they used to be insta burn items.

Vashu

If only we could trade, I have multiples of both but knee pads nada lol

Man, assault is so fun when the team is on point in a major assault. Burning through Russian Consulate in what seems under 10 minutes, it's manic.

Got the mask for defeating 500 LMB but have no desire to run Falcon Lost for the others so just working on accumulating GE Credits. Interested to see what the next 2 Global Events are when they drop on the PTS.

I guess most are but damn, I am struggling for space in my backpack and stash. When I get a classified I burn the original but keeping classified dupes. With all Loadouts utilised and afew extras in my backpack I'm running with around 85-90 items and almost 140 in the stash. Also keeping Hunters Faith items after hearing about the rework too when they used to be insta burn items.

I found the new masks to be pretty underwhelming to be honest. But then I was extremely happy with the CBRN mask and not sure I would ever wear another one on my main. :D

Still haven't run Falcon Lost myself, even though I like the gameplay in this Global Event, I'm just not feeling it like I did with the first one.

Well, what do you know. RNGesus blessed me with the Striker gloves, so now I have a full set of Striker and Reclaimer. But of course, I'm missing the Sentry holster, so I need to collect that as well.

Assault is lots of fun, but I have to say, I preferred the masks from the previous one. Other than the Hockey mask, I don't like the masks in this one

Got myself a classy striker holster but I seem to have "lost" my classy reclaimer mask now lol. RNGesus gives but also takes away it seems 😁

Edit - Another 6 caches and a big fat nope.

Edit 2 - Had another Lexington run for GE tokens,bought another 6 caches and what do you know a sentry holster and my "missing" reclaimer mask. Classified sets complete. Praise RNGesus, hope you all get some luck too.

Console PTS 1.8 starts Oct 10th. If you were in the 1.7 PTS you are in this one. Fresh invites have not gone out yet but I guess it'll be soon if it starts tomorrow.

GazzaGSi

Console PTS 1.8 starts Oct 10th. If you were in the 1.7 PTS you are in this one. Fresh invites have not gone out yet but I guess it'll be soon if it starts tomorrow.

Thats handy with the GE ending in afew hours.

Huge thanks Manny for the legendary invite when you'd got to the final boss, appreciate it and hope the skull gloves may come in handy at some point.

Checked the leaderboard and hopefully will get acouple of caches having an hourly rate logged at just under 8k credits. That puts me high up in tier 2 although the leaderboard does seem abit messed up again as today only 5108 players were recorded when yesterday it was over 17k...

I'm missing one piece from each set, Reclaimer chest, Striker gloves and Sentry knee pads. Not going to be able to play the GE anymore so hoping for one of them pieces to be in the leaderboard reward cache.

Also had no idea the GE Credits was capped at 10k, I was on a right good farm earlier and have no idea how long I'd been playing for and not accumulating more credits Do'H!

Well, that sucked as I only completed the Classified Striker set while coming up one piece short for both the Reclaimer (Knee pads) and Sentry's (Backpack) sets. Ironically I got 5 Classified Reclaimer Backpacks and 8 Classified Sentry's Knee pads. Opened 37 Superior Caches in my limited play-time from Friday-Tuesday.

GazzaGSi

RNG you can be a wonderful bastard sometimes.
2 caches from tier 2 on the leaderboard and one dropped the sentry knee pads I was after so can't complain at all. That just leaves me needing striker gloves and reclaimer chest to complete all classified sets. Looking forward to giving sentry 6 piece a try with the stacks to take down some of the more spongy npcs.

Had a quick go on the console PTS, new area seems good but damn do the enemies spawn in quickly. Probably needs tuning before final release, seemed like every time I turned the camera something new spawned.

Looking forward to trying resistance tonight.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
I am back to playing this regularly again, and would like to play with some new people!

Xbox one, usually late night (11pm) CT for several hours across multiple games. Feel free to add me and send a note.

Side note: do we have an Xbox/ps4 community type thread anywhere to add our gamertag and let people know we are looking for others to play with?

I just booted into the 1.8 PTS on PC and I'm using the same exact build as I do on the Live version of The Division yet my Toughness reads as 400K in 1.8 instead of 300K in 1.7. Are we getting another Toughness re-work?

Edit: Early impressions are Resistance has a chance to be great. I went through 6 waves without much trouble, the structure of it seems very similar to what I've been asking for for a long, long time. The new area is super-populated regarding enemies and types. Almost no down-time.

Gotta figure out what the deal is with gear score and the optimization station.

Best part is...zero network lag...it feels great to play.

rpcdrag0n

Jumped in last night with two friends to try and get the Ninjabike as it's pretty much the only piece I want that I'm missing right now. Mate got it off a boss, 10s before the extraction arrives two guys jump us and take everything. We decide to carry on as we need to do extractions for the weekly anyway, same guys do it again at the same extraction for trash gear. My hatred for the DZ will burn bright forever.

daxy

Jumped in last night with two friends to try and get the Ninjabike as it's pretty much the only piece I want that I'm missing right now. Mate got it off a boss, 10s before the extraction arrives two guys jump us and take everything. We decide to carry on as we need to do extractions for the weekly anyway, same guys do it again at the same extraction for trash gear. My hatred for the DZ will burn bright forever.

Oh, man. That is rough. Have you been doing the weeklies and the legendary missions? Guaranteed orange drops. Got my Ninjabike from one of those iirc. I've been trying to get that elusive Barret vest whenever I drop back into the game, and I must've done well over a hundred runs of that hostage mission since it was introduced but still nothing!

GazzaGSi

I just booted into the 1.8 PTS on PC and I'm using the same exact build as I do on the Live version of The Division yet my Toughness reads as 400K in 1.8 instead of 300K in 1.7. Are we getting another Toughness re-work?

Edit: Early impressions are Resistance has a chance to be great. I went through 6 waves without much trouble, the structure of it seems very similar to what I've been asking for for a long, long time. The new area is super-populated regarding enemies and types. Almost no down-time.

Gotta figure out what the deal is with gear score and the optimization station.

Best part is...zero network lag...it feels great to play.

Stamina has been tweaked to give more health per stamina point.

rpcdrag0n

Oh, man. That is rough. Have you been doing the weeklies and the legendary missions? Guaranteed orange drops. Got my Ninjabike from one of those iirc. I've been trying to get that elusive Barret vest whenever I drop back into the game, and I must've done well over a hundred runs of that hostage mission since it was introduced but still nothing!

It was horrific tbh and as I say, I've always hated the DZ this isn't helping. I've done most weekly's, got nowt, annoyingly this weeks is extract 30 items which is a pain in the arse. Done a few legendary's but with so many games out this time of year it's not something I prioritise.

GazzaGSi

It was horrific tbh and as I say, I've always hated the DZ this isn't helping. I've done most weekly's, got nowt, annoyingly this weeks is extract 30 items which is a pain in the arse. Done a few legendary's but with so many games out this time of year it's not something I prioritise.

Tbh I can't even remember when the last extract 30 items was part of the weekly, normally kill a certain NPC faction 50 times.

rpcdrag0n

Tbh I can't even remember when the last extract 30 items was part of the weekly, normally kill a certain NPC faction 50 times.

I know and that's totally manageable, pop in, kill some dudes, get the hell out of there. Now it's this extract nonsense I may skip this one. Post GE as well the 10 missions is a killer, even if you just do them on hard in under 10 mins it's still a grind. Currently playing Shadow of War with South Park out next week so it's unlikely I will bother.

So early this year I started to read rumblings about this 1.8 update that was really going to change this game around and bring players back into the fold.

When does this 1.8 release hit? And what are the main features? Any links with detailed breakdowns? Are there sweeping chandes? Or is it mainly tweaks and QoL improvements for the veteran players?

I know there's a new zone, but that's hardly the thing to turn a game like this around.

GazzaGSi

So early this year I started to read rumblings about this 1.8 update that was really going to change this game around and bring players back into the fold.

When does this 1.8 release hit? And what are the main features? Any links with detailed breakdowns? Are there sweeping chandes? Or is it mainly tweaks and QoL improvements for the veteran players?

I know there's a new zone, but that's hardly the thing to turn a game like this around.

This is from the divisions Intel page:

Agents!

Update 1.8 is approaching fast, and we’ve shared plenty of new features and game modes coming to The Division. If you missed any of the news, we have all the intel for you right here in this wrap-up.

West Side Piers
West Side Piers is a new PvE map expansion, located on the western coast of Manhattan. It is here that Agents will experience new narrative elements introduced in 1.8, beginning with enemy factions working together for the first time. As Agents explore WSP North and South, a new dynamic spawn system will push various combinations of enemies to Agents directly. Side Missions will offer specific objectives for Agents to complete in the zone while Assignments deliver timed challenges within limited windows. For all restocking/recalibrating/vendor purchasing needs, Camp Clinton serves as the new social hub for all things West Side Piers.

Skirmish
Team Deathmatch makes its way into The Division in the form of a 4v4 competitive mode without an enemy faction presence. Players will have access to three arenas during these first-to-20-kills match-ups, with emphasis on more gunning/less running. To keep Agents on the same tier, Last Stand normalization as well as skill-based matchmaking will be featured in Skirmish. Last Stand ranking will now combine with Skirmish ranking as one consolidated PvP rank at an increased cap of 99.

Resistance
We are implementing new end-game PvE content in Update 1.8 with Resistance. A wave spawner similar to the one in West Side Piers will be used during the activity. Allied units of enemy factions will spawn dynamically and attack in waves as Agents venture further into Resistance. Critical Objectives are urgent challenges that will affect the success of every Resistance run. Agents will need to prioritize these CO’s as failure to complete these challenges will result in an entire team wipe. Wildcards will keep Agents active as modifiers change the way waves are played.

Rogue 2.0
Update 1.8 is refining Dark Zone mechanics while still preserving its infamous high risk/high reward environment. Going Rogue will be a voluntary action and will prevent accidental Rogue. If a member of a squad goes Rogue, all players in the squad have the choice to accept or decline.

Manhunts will now have an objective for all players in the DZ to see. This change aims to create more action during Manhunts and make rewards more fulfilling. Both Rogues and non-Rogues on each side on the Manhunt will have the opportunity to receive rewards.

Gear Optimization
Starting in 1.8, players will have additional tools at their disposal to craft the perfect build. Utilizing D-Tech from the DZ as well as from West Side Piers enemies, players can maximize the statistics on every piece of gear available. While the new World Tier 5 range encompasses 256—286 item level, a fully optimized set of Classified gear will push players over the 286 mark.

In addition, a consolidated Gear Score number will be assigned to every piece of gear in The Division. This number combines every stat roll to provide a numerical indication of gear power. We hope that this visual aid guides our newest and most hardcore players alike in their build-tuning.

West side pier detail:

Agents!

We are well into Year 2 for The Division, and we felt it was time to raise the stakes. We have heard the community’s requests for more content since launch, and we’ve been working hard to deliver new experiences to our players. For the first time in The Division, we are expanding the PvE open world in our newest map expansion—West Side Piers—available to everyone for free in Update 1.8.

West Side Piers
West Side Piers is located farther north of Camp Hudson on the western border of Manhattan. Scaled to about the size of two named zones, the map expansion grants players access to previously unexplorable NYC terrain. WSP is large enough to split into two pieces for reference—North and South. Offering players the opportunity to escape the crowded landscape, the NYC skyline is now visible alongside the iconic aircraft carrier—the Intrepid. We hope players appreciate this breath of fresh air as much as we do.

West Side Pier

Camp Clinton
West Side Piers will also come with a new Forward Operations Center. In Update 1.8, the new hub for all things West Side Piers is Camp Clinton. Camp Clinton will feature all things Division Agents will need to prepare for the field—ammunition restock, recalibration stations, weapon/gear vendors, and much more. Without giving away too much, Camp Clinton is the place to set up shop in this update.

Story
Introduced in WSP is the concept of enemy factions working together for the very first time. Allied LMB, Rikers, Cleaners, and Rioters are united on the offensive for unknown reasons. As the player, it is your job to take back the area and uncover the mystery through a series of audio logs. You’ll find dozens that will add to the lore of The Division.

Dynamic Spawn System
A new dynamic AI generator will be integrated into West Side Piers to change the way players experience PVE content. As Agents travel the zone, enemy factions will spawn unexpectedly in proximity to players. This system brings the combat directly to all Agents, and no two play sessions will feel the same.

Side Missions / Assignments
With this new procedural spawning in place for enemies, players have the option of participating in two types of activities in West Side Piers. As the first activity, West Side Piers Side Missions will always offer a specific objective for players to complete in the zone. With one mission active in the North as well as the South, these replayable objectives will keep Agents on the move.

The second option, Assignments, are lighter and more passive activities comparable to the current Daily Combat Assignments. These challenges are timed events and can only be completed within a limited window. While only one Assignment can be active at a time, another will automatically be activated and shown on the HUD after the previous event timer closes.

Conclusions
We’ve heard the call for more open world gameplay, and we can’t wait for players to uncover all that’s waiting for them in the West Side Piers expansion. This is the first of many articles detailing the exciting new content coming with Update 1.8. Stay tuned for future updates and an in-depth look at what’s in store.

Skirmish detail:

Agents!

We recognize that PvP is a huge part of The Division, and it’s time to expand on the offering. New to Update 1.8 PvP is Skirmish—a 4v4 Team Deathmatch mode without enemy faction interference or objectives.

Team Deathmatch
The game mode itself is simple—TDM with the first team to reach a total number-of-kills taking the match. Short time limits will be implemented to keep matches fast-paced, and Last Stand PvP normalization applies to keep Agents at the same tier in Skirmish. While all equipped gear statistics are max’ed to full power here, Agents will have to rely on their build-tuning to dominate the competition.

Players who wish to participate in the new PvP mode can access Skirmish from the new Camp Clinton social space as well as the Last Stand Hub within the Terminal. The option to queue into Skirmish from the mega-map is also available.

Maps
Skirmish will feature three PvP-focused maps within West Side Piers. While we can’t reveal too much just yet, these arenas offer a variety of options in terms of lanes, cover, and overall flow. This promotes build diversity and encourages a variety of playstyles that Agents will need to win as a team. Our goal was to deliver an experience that keeps players in the action, and we’re confident that players will find excitement behind every corner.

Respawn
Skirmish utilizes a dynamic wave spawner to push squadmates into the action together. Agents who respawn within seconds of one another will re-enter the match simultaneously to promote balanced firefights. For the Agents who worry about spawn camping, fear not. Skirmish also employs spawn swapping based on enemy team proximity.

Conclusions
At its core, Skirmish creates an opportunity for players to face off in arenas without AI complicating their engagements. Nothing will come between players who desire a focused PvP experience. Remember that Update 1.8 has even more content on the way! We’ll have more information rolling out in the near future.

Resistance detail:

Agents!

The PvE content doesn’t stop with the addition of West Side Piers. Resistance is our newest 4-player horde-mode activity, and it’s coming in Update 1.8 for free.

All from here:
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-302149-16/update-18-intel-wrap-up

Game play of WSP, Skirmish, Resistance, Gear Optimisation and Rogue 2.0 have all be shown in previous state of the games, recaps can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c8smoQmFDVusn9YaI9W3w

And 1.8 official trailer:
https://youtu.be/Addk7cl5smg

If you have the Underground DLC, that is also being reworked where all the old Directives are being scrapped and replaced with new directives, random Hunter spawns, (these come plus one to group size so solo would see 2 Hunters spawn and a group of 4 players would see 5), checkpoints are being added, the rave room is going to be in selection and exotics/classifieds have the chance to drop down there. An example of one new directive is that your bullets are always shock ammo but the longer you hold the trigger a bar fills up and if this bar reaches it's maximum then you will become shocked.

A weekly assignment (which guarantees an exotic) is also being added for underground.

4 new exotics are being added in 1.8, these being (IIRC) 2 snipers (non bolt action), a LMG and a SMG.

PTS is currently in phase 2. Previously there has been phase 3 and once 4 so it will be afew weeks away yet, I'd say middle of November but that's purely me speculating.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, I just grabbed the Gold Edition during the PSN sale for 50 bucks.

Are all the bonus items except the Appearance ones useless? They don't level past 4-5...

GazzaGSi

Holy crap - thanks for the all details :)

Looks like Resistance and the Underground changes will bring me back for a spell.

No problem :) I'm looking forward to them too. Last Stand grew on me so I'll give Skirmish a try for abit but I'm more looking forward to the new area to explore with the random assignments. Looks a really well detailed area from the preview we saw on SOTG.

ITSMILNER

How is The Division as a single player experience now? I originally played it at launch and quite liked it but I got to a part where it seemed you need to co-op but I don’t have PSplus so ended up leaving it.

Have they improved it since then?

Last night I was playing with some friends until we got ganked by 4 dudes who eventually became menhunt. I swear, they used their super like 10 times straight in a few minutes. Everytime we died was because they did so. WTF is up with that? Is there a new glitch?

EL CUCO

Finally pulled the trigger on the PC version, and man, its a whole other game. Rejuvenated my love for this game completely. Looking forward to hitting end game and putting a build together ASAP. Dont think im gonna be picking up any of th DLCs tho, especially with 1.8 around the corner.

If anything, maybe I grab Underground depending on the changes they're making to it.

shanafan

On PC version (or probably just in general), can you no longer show your headgear? I have the standard mask that covers your mouth, but I can't see a selection to show/hide.

Top Bottom