• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve announces Artifact, a new DOTA-based card game at TI7 [Up: A few details]

Proelite

Artifact.

nvm. Card game rip thread.

0x38E said:
  • Random info from Day9 on stream:
  • There are three game boards that represent the lanes
  • You control 5 heroes, just like DotA
  • You can equip item cards on to the Heroes that you buy with gold
  • There are creeps that spawn every turn
  • You can play creature cards
  • Some cards are cast on the lane and have persistent effects on that lane
  • Each Hero has abilities like their DotA counterparts ("You can cast track on a Hero as Bounty Hunter and get extra Gold")

Not too much info revealed, just a teaser. He also ended it by saying he wouldn't talk about it again for the rest of the tournament (which ends Saturday), so if there's more info coming it's not from the TI stream.
Edit: Added some more info.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm...ame_artifact/dlcx6b7/?st=j64e1pjt&sh=4c663b04

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
New Half-Life, 3 Screenshots

woodland

LOL thought it was a new IP, Dota card game. Surprised they managed to get Day9 to advertise it, given he was (is) pro or semi at Hearthstone, no?

cant find sucker punch dev let down gif, feelsbadman

ku-xlarge.gif

Damn.......well, he did preface by saying it's not Half-Life....but then he lied saying it's not based off any current Valve IP.

Nista

I'd try it if it has a good single player mode, like the old Microprose MTG game.

Don't need another Hearthstone.

xuchu

lol when day9 told the crowd "you aren't giving this the appropriate reaction this deserves", I actually thought it was going to be half life 3. Silly me, Valve don't know how to count to 3.

Top Bottom