• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Labolas

What was the deal with that
dinosaur type enemy
in the Forest, in
chapter 3
?
It saw Shin Godzilla, lol.
tumblr_ohhhz83OSz1s2jfn0o1_500.gif
tumblr_ohhhz83OSz1s2jfn0o3_500.gif
tumblr_ohhj6fOeKN1qfc6h6o1_500.gif

Yeah. It's a distance attack and it does so, so much damage. Once I figured out how to use hacking as tactical explosions for crowd control, spear for attacking, and Pod B for surpressive fire, it clicked.

That was the turning point for me as well - the anticipation before the hacking explosion is pretty cool! After playing with 2B, 9S' attacks have felt a bit vague by comparison - stop-starty and a bit imprecise, but that's likely down to not having spent enough time trying things out with him. I'll try the spear with him next time I play :).

Currently about a third of the way through Route B and still have so much desire to explore the universe. After Nier meant so much to me, the characters haven't quite connected with me to the same extent as the previous game (yet), but it's still relatively early days and either way, it's a wonderful experience so far.

Frimaire

Okay, can anybody tell me how I can cause
Emil's
shop inventory to change?
When I first met him I could buy Plug-In chips from him, but now he only sells upgrade materials.
I've tried teleporting out, leaving by foot, even restarting the game, but he just sells upgrade materials now.
is it tied to story progression and I just missed my chance?

WITHE1982

Okay, can anybody tell me how I can cause
Emil's
shop inventory to change?
When I first met him I could buy Plug-In chips from him, but now he only sells upgrade materials.
I've tried teleporting out, leaving by foot, even restarting the game, but he just sells upgrade materials now.
is it tied to story progression and I just missed my chance?

I think it's tied to where you stop/shoot him. He appears near the desert entrance, next to the starting building and then outside the resistance camp.

I just left the area or re-loaded then hung around the desired area and he eventually comes driving by.

He sells
mats, chips and then a couple of weapons depending on location.

It is certainly a little finicky though.

Man the bit near the start of route C where
the virus is spreading through 2B and you need to get to the commercial district
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck did that make me mad. I ended up
getting punched and falling all the way down to the entrance of the Copied City. From there I had to contend with not being able to jump so I got right where I needed to and then, "Can I jump yet? Can I jump yet? Can I jump yet" Nope. Get punched and fall somewhere the fuck else

So frustrating

Then when I finally got through it.
Well, you know what happens :(

Fuck your trolling ways, Yoko Taro!

Zafir

Man the bit near the start of route C where
the virus is spreading through 2B and you need to get to the commercial district
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck did that make me mad. I ended up
getting punched and falling all the way down to the entrance of the Copied City. From there I had to contend with not being able to jump so I got right where I needed to and then, "Can I jump yet? Can I jump yet? Can I jump yet" Nope. Get punched and fall somewhere the fuck else

So frustrating

Then when I finally got through it.
Well, you know what happens :(

Fuck your trolling ways, Yoko Taro!
Yeah that bit annoyed me lol. I get what they tried to do but fuck. Every single time you want to jump!

JBwB

Finished it and got all the main routes. 48 hours logged on steam.

And I sacrificed my save data in ending E
:)

One thing about the game that totally surprised me was the soundtrack... It's just so damn good!

Such an amazing game. Easily the best I've played this year so far.

Philippo

I think i have a bugged quest, the one for the guy that asks you to clean the storage room and at the end remains blocked inside the coty ruins, i defeat the enemies and reach hin but the prompt to talk is red.
Am i missing something?

Nope. 2B is voiced Kira Buckland and A2 is voiced by Cherami Leigh.

They sound so similar though (beside lanugage lol)!

Time to put some Yoko Taro into my avatar :D

I think i have a bugged quest, the one for the guy that asks you to clean the storage room and at the end remains blocked inside the coty ruins, i defeat the enemies and reach hin but the prompt to talk is red.
Am i missing something?

Try killing the machines in the vicinity . I had to kill some flying machines in the rooftop before being able to talk with him

Hektor

Am i missing something?[

It's a bug indeed. Try to respawn him by manually leaving the city area or restarting the game

Gbraga

The boss fight inside that hole was so cool. I wish the boss had more HP, though.

Around 19 hours into the game, still loving everything about it.

Neufr0

Neo Member
Guys I'm starting this wonderful journey tonight (NieR is one of my favorite game ever)

So, two big questions:

Voices ? I would have chosen japanese without a doubt but Weiss and Kainé stunned me in the first one.

Difficulty ? I heard that the game is too easy on normal if you use the right chips. So maybe I'll play on hard but I was kinda bothered by the free aim in the demo.

Can't wait to play it I've heard so much good things about this miracle of a game.

Am i missing something?

Some of the enemies can get stuck inside the crates, make sure you don't miss any.

Moaradin

Guys I'm starting this wonderful journey tonight (NieR is one of my favorite game ever)

So, two big questions:

Voices ? I would have chosen japanese without a doubt but Weiss and Kainé stunned me in the first one.

Difficulty ? I heard that the game is too easy on normal if you use the right chips. So maybe I'll play on hard but I was kinda bothered by the free aim in the demo.

Can't wait to play it I've heard so much good things about this miracle of a game.

The English dub for this game is phenomenal and just as good as the first game. Can't go wrong with it.

Normal is a good balance for most of the game, but if you really try to absorb everything the game has to offer (like doing all the sidequest), you'll definitely breeze through it eventually. Setting it to Hard at that point might be good if you still want a challenge.

Gbraga

So, two big questions:

I'd go with English for a first playthrough. It's a great localization. There's a lot of talking during fights, so it's definitely recommended for a first playthrough.

There are no difficulty achievements, so start on Normal and just bump it to Hard if it starts to get too easy.

miserable

how can I get the
golden enemies
to respawn? I missed one of them in the City Ruins, and coincidentally that one drops a Powerup Part S which I need to upgrade my third pod. I finished the game on all the routes, and been using Chapter Select jumping all over but I can't get them to respawn.

how can I get the
golden enemies
to respawn? I missed one of them in the City Ruins, and coincidentally that one drops a Powerup Part S which I need to upgrade my third pod. I finished the game on all the routes, and been using Chapter Select jumping all over but I can't get them to respawn.
wiki lists the powerup part as missable if you didnt get it. They all spawn on route B (just start art chapter 7-2
the aircraft carrier as 9S
. However if you have killed them all they wont respawn. If you havent killed them all then all 3 respawn.

heringer

Finished route A. Awesome game.

Is this like Nier in that the first part of the story is just OK and then the next two will blow your mind?

ys45

I think I'm close to finishing the game for the first time I just finished the
Factory with the robot Pascal
seriously this game just keep surprising me I feel like I only scratched the surface of the story.

I had to stop after beating
Eve, he seemed pissed off because we killed his brother lol
So I'm not sure what to think..... I just saw a bunch
of robots acting like humans and killing each other and committing suicide in the name of their "god" 0_0

Please tell me the game gets crazier ? :p

I want to thank whoever mentioned the pipe + crit build combo. Just hilariously OP.

Glad I looked up how to get that weapon, though. I would have never thought to
go fishing in the sewers.

I've never been more exited to start a game over as I am right now, having done 100% side quests, found 100% of programs, 100% of weapons to max level, and got all pods to max level.

I'm level 99 now and nothing I do matters anymore because I can't lose to anything even if I tried.

I really REALLY wish this game had proper enemy scaling. I don't see any logical reason why enemies 90% of enemies stop leveling at 50. I might be more inclined to NOT start all over so soon, but as it stands I can't even enjoy the new programs and combos because everything dies in the first 2 attacks of any combo. Only thing I can do for some honest combat is fight the
rabbit
over and over.

If I knew the game had such amazing chips, maybe I would've tried it in Hard mode after all.

you can adjust the setting literally at any time.

Would be nice if you read my next post...

nah. ain't nobody got time for follow-up posts to side conversations I wasn't especially interested in engaging in the first place. just making sure you were aware. if you were, good for you. carry on.

DKF590

How do you do that attack on the spear where she spins around it and kicks a sword towards teh enemy and the hovers down on the spear like a stripper?

aka 0:24 - 0:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jb_3o8EKqE

Spear in the fast attack slot and 2h sword in the heavy attack slot. Press heavy after a few light attacks. Unless I have that backwards? Just going off of memory.

All the weapons have custom attacks depending on what they are paired with.

Spear in the fast attack slot and 2h sword in the heavy attack slot. Press heavy after a few light attacks. Unless I have that backwards? Just going off of memory.

All the weapons have custom attacks depending on what they are paired with.
gotta experiment guys! This is also how you discover things like hitting gauntlets with greatswords like they are baseballs.

This should've been a trophy. Just imagine the reactions.
Drakengard 3 final boss complains all over again :D
I have the DG3 trophy, if what you are saying was an achievement, I wouldve hit up the vendor

Plot twist: is the only unbuyable trophy.

I don't usually care for Platinums, but getting the D3 one surely was an unique experience.
platinums for me are are only when I need something else to keep me playing the game and there is nothing left built into the game for me to do.

For DG3, I had all trophies but that, and I only did it because I wanted to see it through to the end, not because of the trophy

Top Bottom