• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

methane47

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

External HDD Support
Upto 8tb

OH MA GAWD
THANK_YOU_JESUS_9fe896ec1b3a12f20256338821b57cbd.gif

BigEmil

If it's anything like Xbox One S, games will load faster from external drives. Can't wait for some tests to see how the PS4 Pro compares.
In addition to PS4 Pro internal SATA 3, USB ports have also been updated from OG PS4, USB 3.0 to USB 3.1. (also for PS4 Slim)

Don't know what difference that is. Also faster CPU and all I want tests asap

Couleurs

Wooo, finally external HD support. Good timing too, since I'm about to fill up my 2TB drive and was debating whether to suck it up and just delete some stuff. Now I won't need to

OhMyGod

Neo Member
not mentioned in the release note:

boost mode for PS4 Pro
higher frame rate for old game which dont have Pro patch
C3vpduoUMAEpU5P.jpg

BigEmil

boost mode for PS4 Pro
C3vpduoUMAEpU5P.jpg
......What.

I bet there's even more hidden features + changes!

And more to be added in final software version

The post mentions you can store applications externally but I wonder if you'll have more granular control over what goes where, like you'll be able to set an external drive to hold all your captures or something.

Caayn

In addition to PS4 Pro internal SATA 3, USB ports have also been updated from OG PS4, USB 3.0 to USB 3.1. (also for PS4 Slim)

Don't know what difference that is. Also faster CPU and all I want tests asap
PS4 Pro's and Slim's USB ports are USB 3.1 gen 1. So basically they're USB 3.0 but call themselves USB 3.1.

USB 3.0 - 5Gbps.
USB 3.1 gen 1 - 5Gbps
USB 3.1 gen 2 - 10Gbps.

boost mode for PS4 Pro
C3vpduoUMAEpU5P.jpg
Holy mother of sweet baby jesus O_O

Lucreto

Nothing there I will actually use unfortunately.

I have a 2TB HDD and that will last me the entire generation easily.

I still have not any use for folders either.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
PSVR 3D is the biggest one for me, no longer got a 3D TV (Bought KS8000) and have loads of 3D Blu rays that I could not use!!

Same here.

If it wasnt for my family I would just roll like this. Well this just sold me definitely on getting PSVR. Thanks, lol.

Top Bottom