• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA teases....something (Seemingly Persona 4 Fighting)

mr2xxx

Banned
Wasn't atlus teasing something that started with an L. People thought it was Langrisser, what ever happened to that?

OMG Aero

Is this going to be a downloadable or disc game when it comes to consoles?
I'd like to know if I'm going to have to wait months after the US release to get it in Europe or not.

kiryogi

Banned
Ew arcade layout for P4A is ACBD ala Tekken?

Lol, D for Persona, is just like BB's Drive.

wut, mash to combo? Where's a revolver like system D: Sounds n00b friendly now.

Mognet

Ew arcade layout for P4A is ACBD ala Tekken?

Lol, D for Persona, is just like BB's Drive.

wut, mash to combo? Where's a revolver like system D: Sounds n00b friendly now.

Makes sense since there will be a lot of fans of Persona new to the FG scene buying the game.

kiryogi

Banned
Makes sense since there will be a lot of fans of Persona new to the FG scene buying the game.

Ew. I wanted legit competition :/ Now it's going to be like smash. . .

Actually seeing how sky finisher works does require a bit more execution.

Is this going to be a downloadable or disc game when it comes to consoles?
I'd like to know if I'm going to have to wait months after the US release to get it in Europe or not.

If it's Persona 4 Golden - PSN + Vita is region free

Persona 4 Mayonaka Arena - PS3 is region-free

Unless you have X360...

Mognet

I was actually thinking it would be something similar to Blazblue where you select a mode like beginner mode or advanced mode after you've picked your character... Then again some people still use beginner mode online...

Requeim

Woah, just caught up with this game (persona 4 fighting), having not seen much about it since it was first announced. Looks very neat, i might just want to pick it up.

As far as the roster goes, it's pretty much a flawless victory with their selections except for one. I would take Junpei over Yosuke any day of the week, he was a much better character i think (but given the name of the game, they probably couldn't leave Yosuke out). Other than that, it looks awesome.

Requeim

The problem with taking Junpei is that Yu already covers the "dude with two-handed sword" role.

I did not think about this, but it does make sense. Junpei is so much better than Yosuke though, maybe you could give him a baseball bat and a more raw fighting style or something i guess.

Mognet

Just due to the nature of the image, I'm betting more it's a double announcement. A heapin' helpin' of Persona 4 games.

We can only hope!

As far as the roster goes, it's pretty much a flawless victory with their selections except for one. I would take Junpei over Yosuke any day of the week, he was a much better character i think (but given the name of the game, they probably couldn't leave Yosuke out). Other than that, it looks awesome.

I honestly prefer Yosuke over Junpei, or I should really say, I prefer the P4 cast over the P3 cast so I'm pretty happy with the playable characters in P4U.

Volcynika

We can only hope!

I honestly prefer Yosuke over Junpei, or I should really say, I prefer the P4 cast over the P3 cast so I'm pretty happy with the playable characters in P4U.

Yeah. The Persona brand is big for them and it would be an obvious first Vita title for them to do. The fighting game would also be not a huge localization project (speaking out of my ass here) and would be good for the consoles.

This Chie fighting stick thing you people have going on is weird and a little bit disturbing, just, y'know, for the record.

Hoping it’s the Persona 4 fighting game…keeping expectations in check.

Both Persona 4 for Vita and the Persona 4 fighting game are 100% guaranteed to come to the US, it's just a question of when they formally announce them and how long the delay is.

I'm actually pretty happy to know that Atlus USA is publishing and localizing the P4 fighting game rather than Aksys. I was worried that if Aksys got the rights, there'd be a higher chance for inconsistencies with the localization, or worse, different English voice actors.

Not saying that the original English VAs have been confirmed to reprise their roles, BTW. I just appreciate there being consistency with voice actors nowadays.

Busaiku

I'm actually pretty happy to know that Atlus USA is publishing and localizing the P4 fighting game rather than Aksys. I was worried that if Aksys got the rights, there'd be a higher chance for inconsistencies with the localization, or worse, different English voice actors.

Not saying that the original English VAs have been confirmed to reprise their roles, BTW. I just appreciate there being consistency with voice actors nowadays.

Aksys and Atlus both use the same studios for dubbing, so even if Aksys decided to do it, it would've been just as likely that they would've used the same cast.

cj_iwakura

The problem with taking Junpei is that Yu already covers the "dude with two-handed sword" role.

By that logic, why have Akihiko when Kanji and Chie cover the 'beat the hell out of people' role? :p

But Junpei could... uh... yeah, point taken.
(I guess Mitsuru stole Minato's role, too. :( )

Also, the tutorial vid basically confirms this is Shin Megami Tensei: BlazBlue.

Sold.

DR2K

Banned

You get legit competition in Smash. Execution barrier has little to do competition.

kiryogi

Banned
This Chie fighting stick thing you people have going on is weird and a little bit disturbing, just, y'know, for the record.

Both Persona 4 for Vita and the Persona 4 fighting game are 100% guaranteed to come to the US, it's just a question of when they formally announce them and how long the delay is.
Modz yo. I have a miku and Mio sticks :D

DR2K

Banned
Right, yet its not @ EVO.

Lots of fighting games aren't. The Smash community did't want to be told how to play their game by another community. It had nothing to do with numbers or lack of competition, which would rival other top fighters at the moment.

kiryogi

Banned
Lots of fighting games aren't. The Smash community did't want to be told how to play their game by another community. It had nothing to do with numbers or lack of competition, which would rival other top fighters at the moment.
Most of the worthwhile ones that are excluded were reasonable. IE no proper release for Tekken this year, but on the other hand Smash was excluded because of its community.

"Even in an SMT thread: SMASH NOT A FIGHTER!"

Well, its a smt thread on a fighting game, so FGC/FightingGAF steps in. :D

Solune

Right, yet its not @ EVO.

Blazblue and GG aren't at EVO either? Or MvC2 or CvS2 for that matter. Point doesn't really stand. That's like saying MK is the best fighting game, because it's @ EVO.

Edit: Didn't read your other post, but whatever =p.

Koroviev

By that logic, why have Akihiko when Kanji and Chie cover the 'beat the hell out of people' role? :p

But Junpei could... uh... yeah, point taken.
(I guess Mitsuru stole Minato's role, too. :( )

Also, the tutorial vid basically confirms this is Shin Megami Tensei: BlazBlue.

Sold.

Because I love Akihiko |:<

kiryogi

Banned

Kind of an ignorant statement . . . Now that I'm home, I can post a bit more. . .

Anyway, folks have been modding sticks for a long time now. Especially since Markman designed the sticks for such ability.

IE here's my Miku Stick:
mikustickfinal.png

And then not just that, there's the official stick topic, where you'll see hundreds of different really cool mods and designs. Absolutely has not nothing to do with perversion or weirdness :p (For the most part)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207393

As much as I can't wait for P4Ultimate, I really wish Atlus would go ahead and give us a time frame for P4G.

I'm totally buying a Vita just for P4G and I'm really tempted to go ahead and buy a Vita now, even though there are absolutely no games that I'm really interested in coming out right now for the system. If I knew that P4G was coming out in the middle of this year, I'd feel justified in buying one of the 3G Launch bundles, but if it's not coming out until Fall/Winter, I'm okay waiting. Of course, going by typical localization timeframes, it would most likely be a Fall/Winter release, but with it being on the Vita and what happened with Devil Survivor 3DS, I don't feel 100% sure.

Wow first time watching this and I have to say it's amazing. Can't stop laughing.

"Get Bent Get Bent Get Bent. Who is that on the TV? It's Kanji you moron!"

"You wanted to say that but you didn't have enough common sense"

I love introducing this to fans who haven't seen it yet. It's one of the greatest fan things ever made.

Remember that time YOUR WIFE GOT RUN OVER BY A CAR!!!!!!!! AHAAHHAA!!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I love introducing this to fans who haven't seen it yet. It's one of the greatest fan things ever made.

Remember that time YOUR WIFE GOT RUN OVER BY A CAR!!!!!!!! AHAAHHAA!!

And no one ate dinner that night.

It's such a shame Peachi stopped at Teddie's human form, there was so much more material she could have gotten out of the game. Kashiwagi and her tits, Mistuo and his dungeon, Naoto's gender, Sayako hitting on the MC, the trip to Persona 3, the King's Game, the school festival. *sighs* Maybe someday she'll go back to it.

Top Bottom