• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Not sure I have infusing down. Can anyone help?
I have purple gauntlets 265. Then a yellow set 262 (has +5) and yellow 272 (has +5). How do I best infuse these 3? I want to keep the purple.

You buy a plus 5 and stick it on the purple. If you really don't want the exotic melt the 262 and infuse 272 into the purple but it will only gain 2 points outside of the bought +5 so hardly worth it.

Man I love checking in with Hawthorne at the end of a session.

DKMtN6TW0AEV3ML.jpg:large

287 on the Hunter now. Time to start the Warlock. Loved levelling the Hunter, think having alts is going to be even more enjoyable than in D2.

Man, I don't know what it is but the PvP is much less fun this time around. Team balance is just all kinds of off. Literally either destroying other teams of having them destroy us. It's terrible.

Mikey Jr.

I have purple gauntlets 265. Then a yellow set 262 (has +5) and yellow 272 (has +5). How do I best infuse these 3? I want to keep the purple.

262 is garbage.

Infuse the 272 to make the purple 267.

So you'll go up 2 points.

pantsmith

So what makes MIDA so good

Based on my time with it ..

It seems to fire slower and doesnt flinch as hard as it used to

Maybe since all guns seem to be around the same level or lower it just stands out anyways?

Mida is great for a couple major reasons;

Exhibit A: Mida has great "neutral game" - which is to say that during your average firefight it provides several static benefits including the permanent radar display, the speed boost, and potential synergy with the Mini Tool. Plus its a very good scout.

These come at no real trade off to you aside from using your exotic slot, which at the moment means little because there isn't anything blatantly powerful youre missing out on. There arent any other important pvp exotics.

Exhibit B: With the slow TTK, long engagement lines devoid of snipers, and emphasis on team shooing, Mida rewards you for low risk engagements (from a distance) and GREATLY rewards you for team shooting. Its only weakness is in close engagement, but you can just swap to an auto rifle if it comes to that.

Basically Mida is an all around solid gun that becomes even more powerful thanks to the current pvp environment, which is overall fairly balanced, and is only "overpowered" because its strengths have no real tactical trade off.

Kaiken

Banned

You'l only get +2 light by infusing the 272 yellow into the purple. So a 267 Purple.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Some of the areas on the
Titan
planet are really creepy and scary.

Also please don’t kick me out of GAF clan. I think it’s full now.

Owensboro

Anyone going to be attempting the raid tonight? I've actually got no kids tonight, and will have a chance to just play.

I think I'm like 280? Haven't read a thing about it yet, so would need guidance or a group willing to go blind!

Silvard

Looking to run a fresh raid starting in about an hour (6:30 PM). Obviously not a blind raid, and we will be going into the underbelly to get all the chests people may need. It's preferable if you know the encounters to make this run as fast and smooth as possible, but if you don't then you do need to be able to listen and have a mic.

1. SilvardCT
2. Baloonatic

Reposting for the new page. Still looking for people.

Mida is great for a couple major reasons;

Exhibit A: Mida has great "neutral game" - which is to say that during your average firefight it provides several static benefits including the permanent radar display, the speed boost, and potential synergy with the Mini Tool. Plus its a very good scout.

These come at no real trade off to you aside from using your exotic slot, which at the moment means little because there isn't anything blatantly powerful youre missing out on. There arent any other important pvp exotics.

Exhibit B: With the slow TTK, long engagement lines devoid of snipers, and emphasis on team shooing, Mida rewards you for low risk engagements (from a distance) and GREATLY rewards you for team shooting. Its only weakness is in close engagement, but you can just swap to an auto rifle if it comes to that.

Basically Mida is an all around solid gun that becomes even more powerful thanks to the current pvp environment, which is overall fairly balanced, and is only "overpowered" because its strengths have no real tactical trade off.

I'm wondering if simply increasing the amount of flinch when under fire would be a fair nerf to MIDA. Still keeps the gun strong, but makes it less reliable against a medium to close range fight. You even have the Mini Tool in case the Multi Tool isn't cutting it at shorter ranges.

Is there any reason not to wipe your main characters from D1? I disliked the way they looked so did two already and Lock is the only one left. Plus want to be able to choose the default dance they'll have for the next few years.

I’m power level 270 so can’t buy +5 mods?
Also I don’t want to keep the exotic.

My bad. Forgot about that. Melt the weak one and use the strong one as an infusion for your purple. I'm guessing it's one of those situations where you have better exotic options so the weaker legendary has more value to your build.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I have a question for everyone here and I am looking for guidance. Let me give you background first. I bought Destiny deluxe edition but never played a raid and never really played in a group. I soloed strikes and everything that I could. I play on xbox and have a 2 year old and a 2 month old so the whole MMO type of game is no longer an option for me. I cannot commit to a group at any given time. I can maybe play for 15 minutes at a time uninterrupted.

My question is should I buy Destiny 2 considering I will not raid or most likely do strikes? Is the story worth it considering I am only really interested in solo play. Should I just rent it, play through the leveling/story grind and be done?

Vandiger

i almost wish you could p2w in this game since i have 1600 dust and nothing to spend it on

Uh spend it on those fireteam medallions they do give you an increased chance on exotics. I use that along with scouting reports to farm legendary and exotic engrams.

The game is at its core well designed. The problem is in the details and the execution. It fails super hard here. A game that's oriented around loot and a constant "carrot hanging in front of you" progression requires that progression consistently exist and the avenue for progression to exist and be meaningful.

Let's break this down a bit. The game is a loot game. Let's not delude ourselves in that front. In order for a loot game to be satisfying is broken out into a few quintessential pillars: diversity in items, diversity in builds, and method of getting said items. Going into the first portion, there needs to be a diversity in items. I don't mean this just in a vaccuum of what different items are available in the pool overall but what modifiers that distinguish on item from another. Furthermore, there needs to be a synergy with a subset of items. Right now this also doesn't exist either which is a major problem We have visually distinguishing sets but the sets themselves aren't so different from each other to make a difference. Furthermore, the pieces in the set don't synergize with itself to make a difference either. Fortunately, the items right now in Destiny are distinguished from each other in the weapons section. They are not in the armor section which is a major problem. I'm going to use Diablo as an example but there simply isn't enough meaningful armor modifier diversity in exotics to create distinguished builds from each other. In Diablo there are multiple ways to play the same classes and this is done by item sets and the skillsets. This sort of exists in the skill side of things in Destiny but not in the items. The Mod slots sorta feed into this but it's not meaningful at all. It's not enough. As it stands now, Exotics actually be the legendaries and there needs to be an even more meaningful tier. The game is not in a good spot and I was hoping that D2 would've addressed this.

Let's move onto the last pillar, the method of getting items. The problem with Destiny isn't the amount of content. There's way more to do in this game than the first one and there's no denying that. Unfortunately the content is made obsolete and that's due in part to two things: the soft Power Level Cap on items you can get a week, not being able to increase power level outside of a small subset of activities. Let's talk about the soft power level cap. Currently the cap is 350, which is very far out. Not that big of a problem except for the unfortunate fact that you can't continually increase the cap throughout the week. Once you complete the activities that give you stronger loot, you're done. In this situation, the milestones. This feeds into the second point: small subset of activities. When you can only get meaningful item from a few content in the game (nightfall, raid, etc) then you have a serious problem. You created all this meaningful content like Adventures, Patrols, Public Events, and Lost Sector but no one is actively doing them. Why? Cuz the rewards are garbage. They don't feed into progression. The playable content is only as good as the rewards they offer.

The entertainment of loot games is to get stronger yes. Unfortunately Destiny focuses so much on seeing your Power Level get higher that they don't think about the actual end game in loot games. Reaching a power crap relatively quickly so you can try out different items and builds. Destiny doesn't do this and this is one of the overarching themes on why it fails.

Wholeheartedly agree. I've enjoyed my time with Destiny 2 much more than I did the first. But the well is still shallow. The skill tree simplification, lack of meaningful addition to enemy types and combat variations through things like vehicles also didn't help. But first are foremost is the walk back of the direction towards a Diablo/Path of Exile esque gear implementation. Exotics alongside the skill trees have been simplified and kind of put in the corner overall. There's a few that are better than the others. But none of them specifically change the way the different subclasses are played drastically. The first was one the cusp in this regard, especially with legendary gear as they started to test out things like random perks and set piece bonuses which would have been a very welcome addition to extending the PVE experience. Unfortunately due to the decision once again to keep PVE and PVP intertwined you get this rather flat set of gear to ensure that balancing is fair. I think this is the single greatest factor holding back the game ATM. Without letting them be independent from each other, neither can truly shine. It kind of just put both in an akward position that showed some movement forward in some areas with QOL improvements, but backwards in others that made the game and your gear truly feel special.

PS: Forgot the part about how without those separated gear sets and continously stronger gear/carrot you don't get access to things that make games like POE and Diablo so replayable. With nearly endless content scaling and diversity (Progressive difficulty levels in story mode and Nephalem Rifts of POE maps/zones etc). They show a flash of this with the Nightfall/prestige nightfall as to the possibilities, but overall it ends up being kind of moot. Because the raid is going to provide significantly better rewards meaning there's little reason to reach for that more challenging content more than once just for the experience of each strike with modifiers.

I just want to bump this, and my response again as I want to continue this conversation if you maybe weren't checking earlier. I also want to see how other people feel about addressing these issues in future expansions. Or if people simply don't think it's an issues and like where the game stands now. I just think the potential once again, is so high, it's so close to making it to that next step. But then they walk back and it falls into a mediocre state again.

My personal opinion as a TLDR is to seperate PVE and PVP, allowing for PVE modes to grow progressively harder and push forward in new randomized ways like POE or Diablo do. That way it will not effect PVP, it's not incredibly complicated and the gear can be significantly more interesting. Open skill trees back up allowing for multiple build possibilities to synergize with new types of gear etc.

Alucrid

Banned
It looks like the Eververse stuff changes every week. You might eventually find something you want.

none of the exotics rotate in (except skins) so there's not much i want. and it doesn't even look like the legendary sparrow rolls will get you a 160 speed one, that has to be from a drop. so maybe shaders, but that's about it.

Uh spend it on those fireteam medallions they do give you an increased chance on exotics. I use that along with scouting reports to farm legendary and exotic engrams.

eh maybe, but at this point the only thing i'm after is a nameless midnight

i honestly might just delete a character to get that gun at this point.

Jblanks

none of the exotics rotate in (except skins) so there's not much i want. and it doesn't even look like the legendary sparrow rolls will get you a 160 speed one, that has to be from a drop. so maybe shaders, but that's about it.

eh maybe, but at this point the only thing i'm after is a nameless midnight

i honestly might just delete a character to get that gun at this point.

2 of the best shaders in the game are available and so is one of if not the best ornament - Red Dwarf.

Silvard

I've got no experience with this raid, but am willing to learn as long as it's explained.

PSN?

I want to try my best lvl is 293? It will be my first raid though. PSN: Bandiger

Looking to run a fresh raid starting in about an hour (6:30 PM). Obviously not a blind raid, and we will be going into the underbelly to get all the chests people may need. It's preferable if you know the encounters to make this run as fast and smooth as possible, but if you don't then you do need to be able to listen and have a mic.

1. SilvardCT
2. Baloonatic
3. Bandiger
4. OwensboroEsq
5. Raidenshugelaser

If anyone knows:
The ๖ۜBronx;249482865 said:
Is there any reason not to wipe your main characters from D1? I disliked the way they looked so did two already and Lock is the only one left. Plus want to be able to choose the default dance they'll have for the next few years.

Itching to start Warlock but don't want to delete it if it's going to affect something. Figure Bungie knows how much I played D1 without needing the specific characters anymore.

Kyne

Just opened a Caide's chest with zero loot, like... Really?

were you opening other things in succession right before? There's magical/invisible cooldown timer for looting. Whenever you loot his chests try and take it easy beforehand.

Syntsui

were you opening other things in succession right before? There's magical/invisible cooldown timer for looting. Whenever you loot his chests try and take it easy beforehand.
I looted another chest like a handful seconds before, I'll check that robot dude with the missing stuff.

JWiLL

Banned
Headcanon is that the poor bird is hyped up on coffee, due to having to keep an eye out 24/7 for cabal.

One day you'll walk up to Hawthorne and out of no where the bird will just start talking over her

"WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT, WE'VE STEPPED IN TO A WAR WITH THE CABAL..."

Top Bottom