• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U may be renamed Wii Entertainment System and released on WiiWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
Yeah, it was named irrelevant the day after got bored of Wii Sports.

oh shit
Dkmog.gif

Jomjom

Banned
I thought the Wii was already the Wii Entertainment System. I would like them to rename the Wii U, the "Famiicom".

SmithnCo

Worse than X-Box?

One is a box. One is a cube. At least the game part of gamecube makes sense. Why is there an X in X Box?

Because of DirectX. But I'm not too fond of either of them tbh.

But I do like Gamecube more. Sounds worse coming after "Playstation" though.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I thought the Wii was already the Wii Entertainment System. I would like them to rename the Wii U, the "Famiicom".

Famicom meant "family computer." I think it would be a great idea if the new name was derived from that; it suits the broad demographic the Wii U is going to target.
Options: Wiicom, Ucom, Famipad, Famiwii.

Jomjom

Banned
Famicom meant "family computer." I think it would be a great idea if the new name was derived from that; it suits the broad demographic the Wii U is going to target.
Options: Wiicom, Ucom, Famipad, Famiwii.

Yeah they could market it as a console for both the family and "mii" when the family is using the TV to watch dumb crap like American Idol.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Can this be locked now? He even admitted it to being fake..

yeah - i don't get it - it was clearly fake, the guy who did it has said it was fake and the whole thread is just contiuning to roll on like nothing has happened!

WES
WES

WES

(it's a really shitty name for anyone outside the gamers as well....

unless it becomes....

char_54809.jpg

yeah - i don't get it - it was clearly fake, the guy who did it has said it was fake and the whole thread is just contiuning to roll on like nothing has happened!

WES
WES

WES

(it's a really shitty name for anyone outside the gamers as well....

unless it becomes....

char_54809.jpg
I admitted it was a screenshot taken in my browser running chrome. That hadn't been modified by JavaScript. Firebug. Inspect element e.t.c.

I think Famipad is perhaps the best name I've heard suggested, and I'd back it solely for the absolute hilarity it would cause over here in the UK...

Hint - over here, sanitary towels are often referred to as "fanny pads". "Famipad" sounds dangerously close...

NeoRausch

I think Famipad is perhaps the best name I've heard suggested, and I'd back it solely for the absolute hilarity it would cause over here in the UK...

Hint - over here, sanitary towels are often referred to as "fanny pads". "Famipad" sounds dangerously close...
After Wii and WiiU, do you really think they care anymore?

I'm in for: Nintendo Gamething (with screen!l

This would confuse the fuck out of your average consumers. Not happening.

I mean the original Wii IS already a "Wii Entertainment System". What else is it? just a toy? just a console?

OH wait it is fake. Nevermind then.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

It's a tampon for the whole family!

SmithnCo

It's dangerously close to "maxi pad" too, lol.

But I do wonder if a potential name change will make reference to the "tablet" aspect more.

Yes the Wii U name may theorically change before launch, however I think that "Wii Entertainment" sounds too generic to be a good name.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I am a software developer.

I wrote some code to replicate how the site looks.

I took some assets(images) from their site
Put them on my server
Ran my code
Took a screenshot.

Tomorrow(if I survive) I shall post my code if needs be (wife in bed and computer in bedroom) and screenshot the whole browser with my local address in the address bar.... hence why I grabbed a section of the screen (cmd +shift+4) on a Mac and not the whole screen.

No more question, it is a fake. End of story.

No more question, it is a fake. End of story.

There hasn't been question for a while now, he already said as much before. He's now at the "well I technically didn't say" stage, which around here, "technically"s don't save you from the meat grinder unless the mods thought it was funny.

Which might be why the thread's still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom