• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

across

All this TM talk has me wondering. Just how many TM's has everyone farmed?

Near as I can tell I've got 30 equipment and 34 materia. That does include TMs earned via raid moogles like the pod and Equip Heavy Armor but doesn't include TMs from raid units (like my 23 follower's oath) or friend summons. That's more than I would have guessed myself and shows how far ahead vets can be from people just starting.

50 pieces of equipment
38 abilities + another ~25 from FFXIV/Nier raid moogles and FP units (Dragon/Stone/Aquan Killer)

Aside from my ill-advised pair (!) of Viking Axes, remarkably few regrets among things I've farmed.

RNG all around!

Can't even get Spirit Hand to give 100-150MP, always getting the damn 45. :(

Still alive though! Come on GAF, give me some RNG luck, help me out!

giphy.gif

Edit - THANK YOU GAF! Got a 150MP refill!

Whoa whoa whoa, wtf was that?!

Little shits did Acidic Explosion x2 and Proliferation (?) and everyone was killed fast and then wiped a second time. It looks impossible to survive! Won’t lie, I even force closed and started again to check and yup, died again with ease. IMPOSSIBLE TO SURVIVE!

What’s triggering that?

Trial was going so smooth until that point. Both were at like 4% remaining and big Mama was at 62%.

This reminded me I farmed Roselia's TM for Ramza to prepare him for his enhancement... in May...
4 months later, still waiting.

Wait, this is a thing?

I'm trying to build to take on Machina ELT, I've got my two damage makers in A2 and 2B, my healer/reraise in Rem, and my Tank in WOL. I'm currently using Rikku in the 5th slot, but is it worth using the enhancements to raise a Soleil to replace her?

Wait, this is a thing?

I'm trying to build to take on Machina ELT, I've got my two damage makers in A2 and 2B, my healer/reraise in Rem, and my Tank in WOL. I'm currently using Rikku in the 5th slot, but is it worth using the enhancements to raise a Soleil to replace her?

Ramza uses no abilities but his song restores HP, so higher SPR is good.

That’s my guess.

across

Little shits did Acidic Explosion x2 and Proliferation (?) and everyone was killed fast and then wiped a second time. It looks impossible to survive! Won’t lie, I even force closed and started again to check and yup, died again with ease. IMPOSSIBLE TO SURVIVE!

What’s triggering that?

Trial was going so smooth until that point. Both were at like 4% remaining and big Mama was at 62%.

10% HP threshold (Max 1/battle): Acidic Explosion.
Acidic Explosion: Self-sacrifice damage (??x) to all enemies and decrease dark resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies.

Haven't done the trial but pretty sure the idea is to drop them from like 15% to 0% or something otherwise you get rocked.

What’s triggering that?

You cannot drop the lil ones below 10% without killing them or this happens.

Acidic Explosion: Self-sacrifice damage (??x) to all enemies and decrease dark resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies.

Haven't done the trial but pretty sure the idea is to drop them from like 15% to 0% or something otherwise you get rocked.

When this says “Max 1/battle”, does this mean if I time it so they go one at a time and manage to survive they won’t caste it again for the rest of the battle even after being revived?

vato_loco

To setup for future stuff I suggest taking advantage of this raid and all its Moogles and trying to get a Setzer or two maxed.

He is great for chaining and will become even greater if you can find a way to dual wield on both. He’s also great for Arena with Curse cars which applies random status ailments to all enemies.

Depending on strategy he won’t even require good weapons, just DW and maybe an element to chain, if you’re planning to Double Dice for random fixed damage. That skill also hits all enemies.
I'm on my way to the last moggle (10%), already used all the previous ones.

Also on my way to 5k lapis, but I guess I should wait for next week, for that new character that's coming out? Or because I'm new with few characters, anything's good for me?

I'm on my way to the last moggle (10%), already used all the previous ones.

Also on my way to 5k lapis, but I guess I should wait for next week, for that new character that's coming out? Or because I'm new with few characters, anything's good for me?

I’m a moron. I meant Cactuars, not Moogles.

You should try to get 1 or 2 Setzer to lvl 100.

Kouriozan

Wait, this is a thing?

Ramza uses no abilities but his song restores HP, so higher SPR is good.

That's my guess.

Yep, it's to increase his HP/MP recovery with his Hero's Rime +2

Ugh very disappointed in the NYC fan festa unit... Cheerleader Fina. Who the hell approved that? Taiwans was so cool.

I'll still be attending, but the exclusive unit was one of the motivating factors to actually bother for me.

RedZaraki

Banned
Both were at like 4% remaining

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/The_Rumble_of_Malboro#ELT

Conditional attacks

When this says ”Max 1/battle", does this mean if I time it so they go one at a time and manage to survive they won't caste it again for the rest of the battle even after being revived?

I believe the respawns count as "new" adds, so you have to worry about it then also. So each time they revive, you need to be careful to skip that damage range.

vato_loco

I'd love to, but my Setzer is 4*, and I don't have the materials for getting him to 5*. Moggle King doesn't have them either, and I'm not advanced enough in the story to go look for them.

Ironically, I CAN get my Prishe to 6* because for some reason I have the materials. I think I get them from this raid.

Muku

Just as I was getting back into the game as well. Don't know what they're thinking at all. Luckily I'm going away for most of the week come Saturday but would have liked to try for what I was hoping was going to be Gromm tomorrow. I hope they surprise us with something nice.

Please don't give them awful ideas. I am sure they're thinking they are helping us right now, while scrambling to figure out how to get us S2. -_-; Knowing our luck the 'something nice' would be for them and not us. "Thank you for playing! We're taking 1,000 lapis as compensation. Please understand!"

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've ignored my Setzer. Is this something I should remedy? Didn't realize he was good, for one, and two, I have 9000 people to level.

So wait, we don't even have a Shadow Lord trial for raid week 2? Maaaaaan, this really is a crappy raid event. Glad I'm only Repeat Proing every 5 hours and TMing the rest of the time, :/

robotuw

I've ignored my Setzer. Is this something I should remedy? Didn't realize he was good, for one, and two, I have 9000 people to level.

Setzer is a great budget chainer. If you already have a few 5* chainers you don't need him. The one exception is using his fixed damage moves as a finisher. Certain trial strategies have used that approach. I guess he's also good at inflicting statuses at lower ranks in the arena.

Just as I was getting back into the game as well. Don't know what they're thinking at all. Luckily I'm going away for most of the week come Saturday but would have liked to try for what I was hoping was going to be Gromm tomorrow. I hope they surprise us with something nice.

Yeah this is bad. There's a reddit post hoping they announce something tomorrow and trying to hype people up for the next few events but it ain't workin' for me. Gumi is slowing down at the exact time they should be speeding up. I don't give a crap if they are busy with TGS or Fan Fest stuff they need to work on the game they made. Their alternative to missing all of the JP-specific raids and events is apparently to do nothing. Our last global-exclusive event (Ariana doesn't count) was 5 months ago in April. JP is also about to start their 2nd anniversary which is going to make global look even more terrible in contrast.

How the hell are some of you nearing Adventure IV? I went to check and I only have 520 relics towards it? I do expeditions every day lol! I try to avoid anything below B or anything that gives below 4 Relics. What's going on?!!?!

Vashetti

Banned
How the hell are some of you nearing Adventure IV? I went to check and I only have 520 relics towards it? I do expeditions every day lol! I try to avoid anything below B or anything that gives below 4 Relics. What's going on?!!?!

Do you get all the expedition rewards every week? If you're doing 140 relics a week, it doesn't take very long.

I'm 391 towards Adventurer IV.

robotuw

Not sure, but I'm already less than 600 away from Adventurer V and last time I checked there were people ahead of me.

Edit: 470 to go atm.

Mipcgamer

Just checked, Expeditions came out on June 22. Wow basically it just took me 3 months to make Adventurer V.
I had an average of +250 relics per week, never using lapis to refresh expeditions (Sometimes picking one and cancelling to get a better one).

Vashetti

Banned
As I suggested to Shaly, if she manages to persuade the dev team, Expeditions will hopefully give all or some of the gil back if they're successful.

Do you get all the expedition rewards every week? If you're doing 140 relics a week, it doesn't take very long.

I'm 391 towards Adventurer IV.

Every single week. I normally reach it Wednesday. I have Adventurer III and only 500 relics toward 4. It appears that I need to adjust something on my part as I'm at a loss how people are completing IV.

RedZaraki

Banned
So do you guys think Luneth would be a better 9S Chain candidate than Firion for Malboro?

Firion gets 225% killers, Luneth gets free dual wield and better ATK multipliers.

Assuming similar fire weapons and gear, and they're both chaining 9S TMR, who do you think deals more damage against Malboro?

Kouriozan

I'm definitely not optimizing my teams for expeditions and fail quite a few of them, but I reach the last reward Tuesday each week, so about 200 relics per weeks.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm definitely not optimizing my teams for expeditions and fail quite a few of them, but I reach the last reward Tuesday each week, so about 200 relics per weeks.

My strategy for expeditions is just levelling every 6* capable unit I have to max. I always buy/craft unit exclusive equipment and materias too.

robotuw

Did they get into their whole network or just the website? The website alone isn't that impressive or damaging. The message mentions source code but hackers a full of shit most of the time.

LucaMac

[JP] Dammit...was that story event extra short? I was sure there would be another week. Id had a busy week so was dumping all the nrg into 40 nrg maze. Was it actually the proper length and I just was too busy to realise?

Muku

I guess folks be tired of Gumi sucking ass on these events and banners. Wake up Gumi. Surprise us with something tomorrow. (Outside of hopefully closing up the loopholes in your website security.)

This now reminds me that I never TM farmed my Roselias or my Lenna’s.

I should think about getting that started considering game will be basically dead for the next 7-8 days.

Broseybrose

Toxic Rain is mine and with that my Malboro team is complete.

Tomorrow is the big day and I hope to get this trial out of the way and give that 30/20 MAG/HP materia to Rem.

For anyone interested, in running Rikku x2, Setzer, Bartz, Ling and an Ace friend w/ 5k+ HP.

I’ll post setup if anyone wants it. With RNGesus on my side I know I can win! :D

Good Luck. I havent even tried it, or Aigion.

Toxic Rain is good?

Broseybrose

Since I don't have a single fully TM'd character, I guess leveling anyone already mentioned as having a good TM bonus should work like a charm for me. Right now I'm with Ace, 2x Shine, Leon and Ludmille. I could swap one Shine for an Ashe.

Also I've just traveled to Dirnado, so I guess I'm pretty early on in the story.

Just to make sure you understand - TM farming is completely different than leveling up.

You farm the TM from the characters recommended to you and then use it on your actual good units.

When new units come out, they are judged on 2 criteria usually; whether they are a good unit or not, and is their TM worth getting.

If they are a good unit, you use them.

If they are a bad unit with a good TM (ie Ludmille), you farm their TM and put it on one of the good units that you actually use.

robotuw

Damn, asking because I saw it on Reddit and I jumped to 63k lapis lol

Maybe those hackers got in deeper than we thought. Man a few accidental free pulls is one thing but if they don't address this one...

This probably means emergency maintenance soon. Spend your nrg/orbs.

Top Bottom