• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Protein

Banned
I joined the Chicken Dinner club last week but forgot to post. If you're on the fence about getting this game, now is the time to take the plunge.

Magwik

Banned
PUBG is still outselling every other game even during the Steam sale. It's crazy lol
Meanwhile at the H1Z1 offices:
75Mp1.gif

Grassy

I'm assuming that VSS haters got really mad about finding it instead of anything else.

I get it has some gnarly drop-off, but it's a fantastic end-game weapon. I can't hate it, other than the fact most times I find one late-game I have a few hundred Scar or AKM rounds, and there'll only be one or two boxes of 9mm lying about.

Help me settle an argument murder GAF :

My friend hates to use vehicles saying that they are too loud and draw to much attention to us.

I on the other hand love them. The ability to quickly get in the middle of the circle and move from there instead of having to run from the blue haze of death constantly is huge. Plus, if you get spotted you can often survive just by driving away full speed, while on foot you will just get sniped and die.

Who is right?

Totally depends on the situation. Finding one at the start of the game can be the difference between surviving or not depending on where you land and where the white circle is. Although if you're using one after the 3rd or 4th circle reduction then you'll definitely have a bunch of eyes on you. So many times I've been camped in a great spot in the final circles and someone in a vehicle pulls up thinking they're the first one to get there, and it's an easy kill for me as they jump out of their car. It's also a dead giveaway when someone parks a vehicle right beside a shack or house they want to camp in late-game. If the white circle screws that building over then you know to keep an eye on it.

It's pretty funny when someone is sitting in a vehicle right on the edge of the blue circle, waiting until the very last second to move forward, and you pop one of their tyres...start running yo.

The absolute worst is getting killed by some idiot deep in the blue zone. Congrats, you killed me. Now you are going to get killed by the gas. Have fun!

Meanwhile at the H1Z1 offices:
75Mp1.gif

It's concurrent peaked at 127,257 today putting it firmly in 5th place on Steam. It's not like it's doing bad. It's speed and arcadey feel makes it a different game so I think it will keep a lot of players. I prefer PUBG and really like how quickly dev team works. H1Z1's development was...a weird one.

Burt

2/4 games with immediate TKers tonight.

4th game

I'll just drop away from everyone and see how things pan out.

Oh sweet, 2 ACOGs, 2 rifles, and a level 3 helmet.

Goes to jump out second story balcony

Gets glitched and stuck in door

Game over

NoPiece

Any tips for surviving in the open? Picked up the game a few days ago, and pretty much every game has ended with me out in the open, getting shot by someone I can't see, without even getting a shot off of my own. The tension indoors is amazing as you move around, listening for other players. I thought maybe vehicles were the answer, but just got shot while driving.

E-flux

Any tips for surviving in the open? Picked up the game a few days ago, and pretty much every game has ended with me out in the open, getting shot by someone I can't see, without even getting a shot off of my own. The tension indoors is amazing as you move around, listening for other players. I thought maybe vehicles were the answer, but just got shot while driving.

Keep the path of the airplane in mind, especially in the beginning. Higher chance of people lying in wait for you if run along with the airplane path. In the end everybody is going to be dispersed so just play it like there would be a dude behind every tree and hiding in every bush. Cars are pretty good if you feel unsafe, just grab a car and drive, unless you are driving straight at the dudes it's pretty hard to kill you, especially if you have a jeep or a dacia.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
why the fuck is the zone faster than me driving straight to the center with the fastest car of the game? That makes no sense

Tagyhag

Åesop;241937592 said:
why the fuck is the zone faster than me driving straight to the center with the fastest car of the game? That makes no sense

Sounds like you got bad luck with positioning.

Depending on where you are, the zone will decrease at different speeds because it all has to reach the middle at the same time.

So if the circle is all the way northwest, it'll shrink faster for you if you're coming from the southeast.

I believe the circle also has a slight element of randomness in how fast it can be as well.

Anyway I need to get playing more squads. Just playing Solo over and over again just exposes how weak it is compared to squads. It encourages such boring conservative play, and you can't even blame the players because there's no reason not to be an extremely passive camper when being fired on while moving is exponentially more harshly penalized in solos in than in duos or squads.

Oh my god doors are destructible or am I watching that twitch clip wrong? I mean the prone technique is cool but I didn't know you can shoot through doors.

Yeah, you can break doors. You can't shoot through them while destroying them, but they can be broken into pieces. This can even be used to clear houses by shooting a section and then opening the door to peek into the part that the door would block your vision of.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Can people near me hear my voice if i enable chat? Or is that only for the airplane? What about my team?

Åesop;241938255 said:
Can people near me hear my voice if i enable chat? Or is that only for the airplane? What about my team?

You can enable team only or global. Teammates will hear your voice wherever, enemies will hear you if they're near you.

Irobot82

Anyone else have a problem with PUBG at fullscreen? Trying to select an ICON at fullscreen everything is offset about 1/4" down. I have to change it to Fullscreen windowed and hide my taskbar.

Nabs

Anyone else have a problem with PUBG at fullscreen? Trying to select an ICON at fullscreen everything is offset about 1/4" down. I have to change it to Fullscreen windowed and hide my taskbar.

Is your taskbar on the right or left of your screen? A few friends run into a similar issue with that setup.

Ark

The secret to happiness: just add 1 year to the expected ETA, and you'll have a nice surprise down the line :)

Well I mean they clearly showed it working at E3. Same with vaulting, and so far the PUBG dev team have shown to be quite quick with implementing updates, so I'm hopeful :p

What ever we get, I just hope their efforts of focusing on server performance all month will pay off.

Why is this game so addictive? It's got the quintessential "one more game" hooks in me. I think the tense moments most closely resemble the feeling of railing a line of coke (not that I've ever done that).

Can't wait for the vaulting/climbing update. That's one super janky thing about the game right now. And jumping through windows will open up a whole new set of strategies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Let's show them those crazy UZI skillz !
lol

Good games the other night.

got paired up with one particular team mate last night who probably was new but it's about the least skilled player that I've had the chance to play with last night. It was in the Gaff Discord chat.

you won't really know I'm talking about him because it's not a guy for her butt there was a few times where it really cost us but that doesn't take away from the fun

lol

Good games the other night.

got paired up with one particular team mate last night who probably was new but it's about the least skilled player that I've had the chance to play with last night. It was in the Gaff Discord chat.

you won't really know I'm talking about him because it's not a guy for her butt there was a few times where it really cost us but that doesn't take away from the fun

;) The game is all about fun, wackiness and missteps create hilarious situation. See you soon in game !! And bring the least competent friend you have lol

noomi

Gimme them patch notes!

Played solo this morning, and totally blew a chicken dinner. Was down to me and two players, and I fucking chocked on one guy rushing me and he shottied me with one blast :(

Feels bad man. Game is amazing though!

Ryde3

My god, what an insane approach to a 1v3 turned 4.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintySmoothOpossumCclamChamp

lmao, didn't know you could bank grenades like that.

I got killed by this fucker once, went into the 1 room bunker by Severny and he parked a jeep in the entrance so me and my teammate couldn't get out. It was pretty damn jokes, the stand off went for like 5 minutes, also ended up checking it out form his POV from his stream recording. He was clowning so hard but in good spirits haha.

Love this f-ing game.

Top Bottom