• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want a jrpg localized for vita? Scee wants to know your requests!

I guess Sony is doing this due to the huge reaction they had on twitter over the no used games fiasco. As long I see some kind of result from this, I'd say it was worth it in a way.

Regardless, I voted for Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Hearts R, and Phantasy Star Online 2. I know he said ANY game, but the only ones I truly want are in Japan and already on the Vita.

Holmes

Even if nothing comes out of this, it'll show that there is a large demand for RPGs on the Vita. Soul Sacrifice being the #1 Vita PSN game last month is good too.

Dunan

GlsfwO6.jpg
OFNfhk3.jpg

This is it right here. Two fantastic games that deserve to be played by English-reading people.

(I still can't believe I put off playing FF0 a second time in late 2011 because I thought the English version would be coming in just a few months.)

Fraxin

This is it right here. Two fantastic games that deserve to be played by English-reading people.

(I still can't believe I put off playing FF0 a second time in late 2011 because I thought the English version would be coming in just a few months.)

So Dunan, how much would you rate Final Fantasy type-0? I remember Kagari gave it a 9/10

Soriku

He clarified a bit on what the criteria are. Localization begging probably won't hurt though.

jBbkRWRm8EsQq.png

How is SCEE going to suddenly convince pubs to make JRPGs on the Vita? These games are made for Japan in mind. If they don't think Vita is viable enough it's not going to happen.

Xiul

Some of the PSP's best games, seemingly forever consigned to unreleased oblivion. Despite PSP Remaster software being in place. Despite Vita badly needing more games for its library.

I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY SQUARE/SEGA.

Yes Please and Namco's Tales games!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Shahid, you're a great guy, thanks for listening to my plea last time!
Let's face it, Type-0 is already getting a release, our main focus should be Valkyria Chronicles 3 and #Gyrozetter (BEST MECHA jRPG by Square-Enix).
gyrozetter_new1-480x270.jpg

gyrozetter_01_thumb.jpg

gyrozetter_03_thumb.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles 3
Gyrozetter
Type-O
Medarots 7
Grand Knights Story
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Hearts R

zeopower6

Let's face it, Type-0 is already getting a release, our main focus should be Valkyria Chronicles 3 and #Gyrozetter (BEST MECHA jRPG by Square-Enix).
Gyrozetter
Type-O
Medarots 7
Grand Knights Story
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Hearts R

I'd like Gyrozetter but uh... isn't that a 3DS game only?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I'd like Gyrozetter but uh... isn't that a 3DS game only?

They ported over Digimon REdigitize from PSP to 3DS, so why can't SCEE port over #Gyrozetter to PSVita?

It's a breath of fresh that we need for jRPGs.

One thing I don't think has been mentioned here is more ports of Atlus' PS2-era catalog, ala. Persona 4 Golden. SMT: Noctune and the Raidou Kuzunoha games for example.

Fraxin

gyrozetter_new1-480x270.jpg

gyrozetter_01_thumb.jpg

gyrozetter_03_thumb.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles 3
Gyrozetter
Type-O
Medarots 7
Grand Knights Story
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Hearts R

Type-0 is going to get a release? According to?

Dunan

So Dunan, how much would you rate Final Fantasy type-0? I remember Kagari gave it a 9/10

I'd say 8/10. Gameplay 9 (battles require fast fingers and are fun); music 10 (no joke; get thee to Youtube); locations 9; worldview 8 (I despised all the killing and the concept of not being able to remember someone who has died, and shudder to contemplate the hell that such a world would be, but I give them points for originality); characters 5 (cliches everywhere, but you're not really playing this game for the characters).

Controls are weak, particularly the camera. They really needed another pair of shoulder buttons, which the Vita can provide using the back touchscreen.

Story-wise, there's a terribly wrenching unexpected point of no return that hurts the game. I'm willing to have my mind changed based on what happens in New Game+, but I did not like the last chapter at all.

The original Japanese text is somewhat bland, so a really flavorful translation (think Alex O. Smith) could put it over the top. I could see the translation working just as beautifully whether they choose old-style English -- this game is supposed to be set far in the past -- or modern language. There are some good opportunities, given the four nations on the continent of Oriense, to make use of varieties of English; the Japanese version has everyone talking the same way.

It's a good game. It's much better than FFXIII. And it's a travesty that they've let Toriyama put his dreck front-and-center rather than this.

btkadams

i said ff type 0. then i said kh 1.5 hd remix collection, because it's stupid that it's not on vita when the ffx/x-2 collection is.

Fraxin

I'd say 8/10. Gameplay 9 (battles require fast fingers and are fun); music 10 (no joke; get thee to Youtube); locations 9; worldview 8 (I despised all the killing and the concept of not being able to remember someone who has died, and shudder to contemplate the hell that such a world would be, but I give them points for originality); characters 5 (cliches everywhere, but you're not really playing this game for the characters).

Controls are weak, particularly the camera. They really needed another pair of shoulder buttons, which the Vita can provide using the back touchscreen.

Story-wise, there's a terribly wrenching unexpected point of no return that hurts the game. I'm willing to have my mind changed based on what happens in New Game+, but I did not like the last chapter at all.

The original Japanese text is somewhat bland, so a really flavorful translation (think Alex O. Smith) could put it over the top. I could see the translation working just as beautifully whether they choose old-style English -- this game is supposed to be set far in the past -- or modern language. There are some good opportunities, given the four nations on the continent of Oriense, to make use of varieties of English; the Japanese version has everyone talking the same way.

It's a good game. It's much better than FFXIII. And it's a travesty that they've let Toriyama put his dreck front-and-center rather than this.

So story-wise, it isn't bad until the last chapter. I got the soundtrack, and yes its pretty good, which kinda surprised me. But 5 for characters!, I knew the characters wouldn't be that good given the large cast, but 5 is pretty bad. Cliches are in most jrpgs, are they something like Tales of series? What about the sidequests, are they any good?
Sorry for asking too much

This seems kind of PRish to me. Like the MS 'we're listening' thing. SCEE know what people want. There's an unreleased major Final Fantasy from PSP, of course we want it, they don't need people to tell them that.

No, Shahid is no Major Nelson. Major Nelson, where is that Major coming from anyway? Is he from some kind of army?

Besides this thread needs more

Top Bottom