• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront II |OT| I find your lack of crates disturbing

prag16

Banned
Nice OT for something throw together quickly.

Game is great so far. Campaign is decent enough and the gameplay online is really good. The progression system still sucks, but we'll see what further changes they make.

Yeah, what's up with the cutscenes? Sometimes the lighting flickers constantly. Also, everything looks...compressed? I'm not sure how to describe it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yeah, what's up with the cutscenes? Sometimes the lighting flickers constantly. Also, everything looks...compressed? I'm not sure how to describe it.

I feelike they weren't shot in HDR or something. I guess I should say rendered, but they are clearly way overblown if you're using an HDR set.

IISANDERII

5n7gjo68hmyz.jpg

EL CUCO

The SP gameplay is pretty basic stuff, but I've been enjoying the fact that its a Star Wars campaign and it looks freaking gorgeous.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The SP gameplay is pretty basic stuff, but I've been enjoying the fact that its a Star Wars campaign and it looks freaking gorgeous.

I threw it on hard so I wouldn't blow through it and I'm enjoying time for what it is.

I think the campaign is pretty decent considering battlefront is about the multiplayer. Definitely better than campaigns for battlefield 3, 4 and 1 (new)

LOLCats

Banned
Ya just finished campaign off the 1.50$ redbox rental. Not bad, but so much wasted potential. Felt like DLC in its length LOL.

All this company sees is the simplicity and dollar signs of multiplayer and dont care to create a real single player game anymore.

EA and its corporate goals can go fuck themselves.

breakfuss

LMAO at the thread title! Damn it man hahaha. Might check this out on Redbox...or wait for it to inevitably come to the vault. I absolutely adore Star Wars but the first game bored me to tears so I’m in no rush.

Man I can't wait until midnight. All of these folks who didn't pay the extra $20 are about to get jacked up.

Lololol tf was EA thinking, damn.

Zurick

Banned
LMAO at the thread title! Damn it man hahaha. Might check this out on Redbox...or wait for it to inevitably come to the vault. I absolutely adore Star Wars but the first game bored me to tears so I’m in no rush.

Lololol tf was EA thinking, damn.

I've now jacked up many people.

EL CUCO

So is FPP the only way to zoom with the assault class on the starting blaster? Its the only class I've played so far. TPP always zooms over the shoulder.

pots555

So many choke points on the maps. Get there first and hold. Get there last, open door, Death in one second. I am getting destroyed in multiplayer!

lordkosc

The way you level up individual classes in this game is horrible. They do not give out enough credits at the end of a round, I mean 10 rounds online and maybe I can finally get 1 loot crate. :(

And then its filled with emotes and like 15 scrap... Good Job DICE.

wolgoen

It’s taken me a while but ive finally nailed the HDR/TV settings for this game. I’ve got a Sony 43” XD8099. (Sony X800D in the US)

I was running ‘standard’ settings on the TV (brightness, contrast, colour etc etc) started SWBF2, HDR kicked in and I thought, oh this looks shit, what’s all this fuss about HDR???

Now I’m not up to date with all the HDR stuff but I knew this can’t be it, this can’t be right. So after hours of tweaking every setting on the TV and ingame, I loaded up a new map and bam, WOW. It looks stunning.

What I find interesting, is with these TV settings, non HDR stuff like the XB1 UI looks terrible, crushed blacks and over saturated. Tried a different game - Forza 7 - and bam, HDR starts and it looks awesome.

So, just for reference these are the settings I use on my TV and in always in a dark room, lights off, curtains closed.

Brightness - Max
Contrast - Max
Gamma - Max
Black level - Zero

Ingame brightness - Max

If you are having issues with HDR, keep trying to fix it as you’ll know when it’s working, it blows you away. Mid game, disable HDR and you’ll see the difference it makes.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Uh there's at least one pretty major spoiler on the campaign near the end of the story, surprised no one is talking about this. Once she
joins the Rebels
the story really picks up.

The1Ski

Surprised at how slow this thread is moving. Is it:

1. Post exodus neogaf
2. Folks sticking to "F this game/loot boxes"
3. Dull game / nothing to talk about

Probably a bit of all three? Or at least 1 and 2?

down 2 orth

I don't know what to do Gaf. I have this game, but I haven't tried it yet and I'm right in the middle of a Titanfall 2 honeymoon...

royox

They should fix the AT-AT games a bit. There's almost no reaction time from when the game HINTS someone of your team managed to impact one of them with a missile till you manage to get some shots. BF1 was better with ATAT modes, it's also weird for a Star Wars game that you can't use theb speeder harpoon on them.

Uh there's at least one pretty major spoiler on the campaign near the end of the story, surprised no one is talking about this. Once she
joins the Rebels

Yeah i thought the same about THAT bomb. I guess thats why the next chapter will be available with ep8.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
$60-70 is standard JB / Big W launch pricing and always blows digital out of the water.

yrices are higher on the xbox store but don't forget you are effectively paying for 2 digital licences, I aint defending the price btw.

just with game sharing there is always going to be a trade off

phil_t98

#SonyToo
They should fix the AT-AT games a bit. There's almost no reaction time from when the game HINTS someone of your team managed to impact one of them with a missile till you manage to get some shots. BF1 was better with ATAT modes, it's also weird for a Star Wars game that you can't use theb speeder harpoon on them.

Yeah i thought the same about THAT bomb. I guess thats why the next chapter will be available with ep8.

More single player content on the way? I just thought the game ended abruptly tbh

breakfuss

joins the Rebels

Ehh...if y’all are referring to what I think you are, I think they’re deliberately being misleading.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
As a lifetime fan (since seeing with my family in 1977 in a theatre), I love this game. Thoroughly enjoying all aspects of it.

It’s taken me a while but ive finally nailed the HDR/TV settings for this game. I’ve got a Sony 43” XD8099. (Sony X800D in the US)

I was running ‘standard’ settings on the TV (brightness, contrast, colour etc etc) started SWBF2, HDR kicked in and I thought, oh this looks shit, what’s all this fuss about HDR???

Now I’m not up to date with all the HDR stuff but I knew this can’t be it, this can’t be right. So after hours of tweaking every setting on the TV and ingame, I loaded up a new map and bam, WOW. It looks stunning.

What I find interesting, is with these TV settings, non HDR stuff like the XB1 UI looks terrible, crushed blacks and over saturated. Tried a different game - Forza 7 - and bam, HDR starts and it looks awesome.

So, just for reference these are the settings I use on my TV and in always in a dark room, lights off, curtains closed.

Brightness - Max
Contrast - Max
Gamma - Max
Black level - Zero

Ingame brightness - Max

If you are having issues with HDR, keep trying to fix it as you’ll know when it’s working, it blows you away. Mid game, disable HDR and you’ll see the difference it makes.
How can this not look like shit?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
The flickering that lasts several seconds that i see in the cutscenes at times during SP campaign is very distracting and totally ruins the moment. I sincerely hope they fix this.

SRTtoZ

The flickering that lasts several seconds that i see in the cutscenes at times during SP campaign is very distracting and totally ruins the moment. I sincerely hope they fix this.

Glad to see this is an issue with the game. Thought it might be my new PS4 Pro for a moment.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Glad to see this is an issue with the game. Thought it might be my new PS4 Pro for a moment.

No, to me it looks like the cutscenes weren't made in HDR and are having issues running in HDR on sets that support it. Should hopefully be an easy fix. I dont know how they could've not seen something like this. I've seen many users here talking about it so its not an isolated issue.

partime

So many choke points on the maps. Get there first and hold. Get there last, open door, Death in one second. I am getting destroyed in multiplayer!

Don't go straight towards the objective, there's always a less populated way you can squeeze in for a surprise attack.
I'm getting destroyed as well.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Really there aren’t any cons in this game? Just positives?
Pros: Great gunplay. Great sound. Fun single player. Arcade mode is a nice quick way to play around with mechanics. Graphics are stunning (PS4 Pro). Guns feel precise and powerful and also sound fantastic. Matchmaking has improved over the last few days. Matches have been very close. Maps cover many new and familiar Star Wars locations.

Cons: No easy way to coordinate as a team (worsened by people seldomly communicating). The upgrade system feels somewhat daunting due to the mountain of things to unlock with what appears to be a glacially paced unlocking system. The AI is sadly nothing close to great shooters like Halo or Half-Life and would add more to the single player experience (also no added bonus for playing the game on the highest difficulty). Vehicle controls take time to get used to (but nothing like flying a jet in Battlefield games). Server issues continue to creep in periodically but are improving.

Pros: Great gunplay. Great sound. Fun single player. Arcade mode is a nice quick way to play around with mechanics. Graphics are stunning (PS4 Pro). Guns feel precise and powerful and also sound fantastic. Matchmaking has improved over the last few days. Matches have been very close. Maps cover many new and familiar Star Wars locations.

Cons: No easy way to coordinate as a team (worsened by people seldomly communicating). The upgrade system feels somewhat daunting due to the mountain of things to unlock with what appears to be a glacially paced unlocking system. The AI is sadly nothing close to great shooters like Halo or Half-Life and would add more to the single player experience (also no added bonus for playing the game on the highest difficulty). Vehicle controls take time to get used to (but nothing like flying a jet in Battlefield games). Server issues continue to creep in periodically but are improving.

Well from What i have seen from every review and YT video the SP campaign look lackluster at best. But anyway.

Might have gotten this game if your progression was not tied from RNG rolls from loot crates. If there is levels and progression in MP game i want that tied to the weapon i am shooting with and the class i am playing, unlocks should come from doing that. Like every other MP title that has perks, unlocks and so on.

Not having some mobile game system shite tacked on for ”ez moneys”.

royox

Might have gotten this game if your progression was not tied from RNG rolls from loot crates..

This won't be SO bad if the game gave you a decent ammount of points after each game or with the periodic "Challenges". I made a huge "sigh..." when today I saw "Earn 25.000 points playing multiplayer. Reward: 100 credits".

I mean....for god's sake EA...100 fucking credits?

I love the gameplay of this game but everytime I finish a round and see the credits distribution, I'm reminded of how shitty the progression system is. Grinding for lootboxes isn't particularly fun, especially when the loot distribution seems out of whack (it feels like a 99% chance of common drops).
I'm hoping they're making some huge changes to the progression system thanks to the uproar, but I'm not holding my breath.

This won't be AS bad if the game gave you a decent ammount of points after each game or with the periodic "Challenges". I made a huge "sigh..." when today I saw "Earn 25.000 points playing multiplayer. Reward: 100 credits".

I mean....for god's sake EA...100 fucking credits?

Yep huge turn down having to grind for hours for a loot crate and then not getting anything worthwhile out of it. That is not how i want to play games at all really.

For once CoD did a thing right vs this. There are so far no microtransactions and the ”supply drops” comes your way quite often, you quite often get nice stuff and nothing game breaking. Best stuff you get are weapons with % exp boost when using them.

Top Bottom