• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

2275c355fc20c5c4a0a6b64537046c5181791b80.jpg

eb53a8b63bca851a89c18c98ca93976e2f371a2e.jpg

Screwdriver kill.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I laughed pretty hard at those. He seems to be getting some pretty twisted pleasure out of that screwdriver being plunged into him.

That shot with the exploded barrel chunk is one of those things where you have some incredibly detailed graphics and then something that just completely tears you out of the moment. I mean there's no way for that barrel piece to be facing that direction and be unmoving after a blast like that... bleh!

Loginius

Are You using any fire mod, because it looks here like higher res? My ENB screw up flame atronach flame contrast and i couldnt find texture replacement ;\, any suggestion?
I dont think I use any mods that change how flames look but the enb that I use atm makes flames look very nice.
(modified "the wilds" enb)

If you just want to change contrast of flames you could change the [FIRE] part in your enbseries.ini I guess.
Or just adjust the fire textures yourself.

ihOIZx1EtDvN8.png

ib0ItECL8P13fy.png

Tunavi

Banned
I know this is the PC thread, but if anyone has a capture cam and Fez, can they take upload some good screenshots, preferably ones with the sunset?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This thread is such a fucking tease.

I wish there were some way to actually play these games with this level of image quality. Those Crysis 2 shots above? I can't come close to matching that even with heavy downscaling and other AA solutions. It simply doesn't look anywhere NEAR that clean while playing.

SGSSAA + downscaling definitely can't deliver that kind of quality unless you're downscaling from an obscenely high resolution which isn't even playable.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This thread is such a fucking tease.

I wish there were some way to actually play these games with this level of image quality.

It's all to personal preference, as usual, but sometimes I just cap the games at 30 fps and play it like the way the look on those screens.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's all to personal preference, as usual, but sometimes I just cap the games at 30 fps and play it like the way the look on those screens.
I've tried but I literally cannot match the clarity of some of those shots. My 680 won't even go above 2880x1800 and that resolution already ruins performance even when capped at 30. I've tried 1800p + SGSSAA and, yeah, it looks clean and clear but it's definitely not this:

Proper SSAA does actually seem to come close but the performance is too low to be playable.

Top Bottom