• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking news: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD being localized

But then I'd have Days contaminating my trophy list :x

I kid, I kid. Just find it weird that a glorified theater mode has trophies.

Free trophies can never be a bad thing!

358/2 Days is included here because chronologically the series goes like this:

(Kingdom Hearts) -> (358/2 Days (Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories)) -> (Kingdom Hearts 2)

It makes sense story-wise to include it, but it doesn't make sense to completely remake 358/2 Days as a PS3 game, either.

botty

Banned
Kyon, do you think we're still getting vanilla? I mean, they have people in the recording booths... might as well make them do the voice work for Final Mix.

Kyon

Banned
Kyon, do you think we're still getting vanilla? I mean, they have people in the recording booths... might as well make them do the voice work for Final Mix.

I hope not. I mean yeah they're there in the studio :)

I will cry for you if it is vanilla tho. Doubt they'd work on two games tho. FM already has English voices

I would say that this is less of a milking than Coded/Re:coded is. The core Kingdom Hearts fan base has been asking for this for years, and bringing the first game into the next generation might help new gamers who never owned past consoles or skipped KH1 the first time around get a chance to play the game. Even looking at the few post in this thread, it's clear this is the kind of game needed to help the series, as opposed to things that have nearly destroyed it (Dream Drop Distance).
Agreed. Re:coded was just shameless. This makes sense, to get new players up to speed for the inevitable KH3 on a home console.

Ponn

Banned
Consider me shocked. Oh 1.5 not 2.5, then no i'm not shocked. Good news though since that means we should likely see it here this year. Mad last dash to get PS3 stuff out and then they can focus on FF XIII Versus for PS4.

Tagg9

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (what's being localized):
* Revised the scripts to be more in line with later KH games

Haha. You know the story is completely messed up when you have to retroactively go back to older titles and actually change the plot so that it makes sense.

LuuKyK

I never managed to finish KH1 (I think people will guess where I stopped :p) so I am all in for this Remake. Cant wait.

Toth

As I said before, I was wondering if Jesse could legally post a pic like that. Guess I know the answer lol

Haha. You know the story is completely messed up when you have to retroactively go back to older titles and actually change the plot so that it makes sense.

Taking a page out of Lucas' playbook, eh?

I knew that Disney/LucasArts purchase wasn't just for Star Wars!

Tagg9

coming to every console...

Except the Vita!

Sorry couldn't help myself

Mxkev.gif

Beth Cyra

With the rerecording of the VA, I do have to wonder if there is any chance that Showdown of Fate will finally be Voiced. It feels so out of place to have it silent.

Kisaya

Yessssss I will fucking play the shit outta this collection >3< !!!!!!!!

Love that McCartney broke the news. I remember my sister only playing Twilight Town of KH2 just for him, hahaha

zeopower6

McCartney removed all of his pictures/tweets/videos relating to this leak. Oops.

It was a recording mic which a clear picture of a Days cutscene on a tv in the background

edit:

Jesse%20McCartney%20recording.jpg

Knew that was going to happen, lol. Guess it wasn't allowed. Or he knew that it was only going to be up temporarily and that it'd be immortalized anyway so....

lol. Shocking News.

I've beaten part 1, never played Chain of Memories or 358/2, so will both be new content for me. :3

Edit - dat beautiful cover art.

Blades64

Banned
lol. Shocking News.

I've beaten part 1, never played Chain of Memories or 358/2, so will both be new content for me. :3

Edit - dat beautiful cover art.

I don't think the actual gameplay for 358/2 is in this right? It's just the cutscenes from the game.

I'm personally more interested in 2.5 instead. :)

Top Bottom