• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nine Parchments Runs at 4K@60 on Xbox One X, 1080P@60 on PS4 Pro, 1080P@30 on Switch

Mr Moose

So much salt in here, "lazy dev" argument is the same BS argument some people used when games ran better on ps4. Now its the other way around for a few years, get used to it. More powerful console of course runs the game better, no surprise here at all.

According to this though, it doesn't:
1080p/60fps on PS4 and PS4 Pro

DonF

Well yeah that was pretty clear. Question is why didn't the Pro get a look in? What reason would there be to work on a patch for the X but not Pro?

Im no developer, but I remember reading that programming for the pro isn't that resource consuming either.

I would guess that they really didnt want to add pro support, so I will not sopport their game.

I mean, their engine is pretty escalable, so its just a resource and time thing. Maybe it will come post release, who knows.

tkscz

Just downloaded the demo to try it out. If it's fun I'll buy the game, I do enjoy Frozenbyte's games (though I do wish Trine II was three player local co-op and not just two)

amdb00mer

This game should be 4k 60 fps on the pro , its a top down action game, since when have top down games like these been that demanding?

Diable 3 does not run at full fat 4K@60fps on the Pro either. It does a lot of scaling and I think DF said it normally only hits it or gets close to it in dungeons. With that said I do think the game should be able to at least hit 1440p@60fps on the Pro.

LOL I pretty sure that was done sarcastically. This game should be at least 1440p on pro. However as Diablo 3 is also not native 4k on the pro I would not call the Devs lazy, and that game had blizzard behind it.

Ah, Bazookaxp beat me to it.

Bringing up the lazy devs bullshit should be a bannable offense, it's fucking 2017, enough with that stupidly toxic and childish entitlement.

Don't know about bannable, but I do agree it is an issue.

amdb00mer

Its a really obvious case of MS shelling money for it to sell their console. (Its a normal practice and Devs need money, especially frozenbyte)

Please show me the proof of this and the contract that said gimp the PS4 Pro version for x-amount of money.

Please show me the proof of this and the contract that said gimp the PS4 Pro version for x-amount of money.

People need to stop with those statements. Like when they said Sony was paying developers not to make games 4K on Xbox One X so they wouldn't look better. Frozenbyte is a small team. I'm sure they will work on some sort of patch later on.

pixelbox

Wow. So you are suggesting MS paid the devs to make the PS4 Pro version 1080p. Yeah, keep dreaming.
Of course. Just like what Sony does with these marketing deals. You do really think these developers are making these patches for free? So these developers are such fans of the One X that they, no matter how many developers, went back to make this patch...How old are you?

Kamina

Golden Boy
So much salt in here, "lazy dev" argument is the same BS argument some people used when games ran better on ps4. Now its the other way around for a few years, get used to it. More powerful console of course runs the game better, no surprise here at all.
Bullshit. PS4 Pro runs like PS4, so they just didn’t bother with Pro at all.

Well, saves me buying the game.

Meh3D

Im no developer, but I remember reading that programming for the pro isn't that resource consuming either.

I would guess that they really didnt want to add pro support, so I will not sopport their game.

I mean, their engine is pretty escalable, so its just a resource and time thing. Maybe it will come post release, who knows.

What is "isn't that resource consuming either." Quantify that for me.

Does anyone have any idea what a software developer cost? Any idea how much it cost to develop software? What about testing? What about the cost to distribute such software? That all cost money, time and programmers which Frozenbyte doesn't have to finish their releases. (Mac/Linux)

It's interesting how this forum complains about software developer treatment at certain studios but when it's attached to something like a console it triggers "I want this my way now or you're a worthless lazy developer who hates my console/PC etc..."

I see many others just ignorant to the amount the work that needs to be done not just you. I can see why someone is not happy this software doesn't have any enhancement for their PS4 Pro. If you want to be jaded about it thats fine, but let's not spread ignorance about the cost of software development.

JaxBriggs

huh? the difference between 1080p and 4K is huge. You can't tell me that there is not a huge difference. Its a generational leap.

You realise the Pro version hasn't been patched at all here, right? The PS4 slim and Pro versions are the same.

Laserdisk

LOL I pretty sure that was done sarcastically. This game should be at least 1440p on pro. However as Diablo 3 is also not native 4k on the pro I would not call the Devs lazy, and that game had blizzard behind it.
Overwatch has its 4k hud to show for all their hard work....

TLZ

Banned
Not in this case. There's something off here.

How does the game run on og PS4? If it runs the same 1080p60 on og PS4 then there's your answer. Some are after some serious trolling here without using common sense.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Of course. Just like what Sony does with these marketing deals. You do really think these developers are making these patches for free? So these developers are such fans of the One X that they, no matter how many developers, went back to make this patch...How old are you?

no Sony marketing deal has produced a better game for ps4 pro that the X, I just think this game needs working on for the pro.

the Pro is far more capable of the results suggested here unless there is a massive difference in effects and image quality over the standard ps4

geordiemp

Was reading this like "Nine Pac Mans running at 4K 60 fps and was like woooh thats impressive xD

Is this an indie game and does it really matter ?

OK, I checked, its a top down twin stick shooter indie, not exactly a looker so why is anyone bothered ?

Thought it was a new AAA game I had not heard of, oh well.

This generation of consoles seems to be a roller coaster

2013-2016 - "Every PS4 game is 1080p 60fps and every Xbox One game is 720-900p 60fps. HAHAHA XBONE IS SHIT"

2017 - "Every Xbox One X game is 4K 60fps and every PS4 Pro game is 1080p 60FPS. PS4 pro owners should be concerned."

vkbest

This generation of consoles seems to be a roller coaster

2013-2016 - "Every PS4 game is 1080p 60fps and every Xbox One game is 720-900p 60fps. HAHAHA XBONE IS SHIT"

2017 - "Every Xbox One X game is 4K 60fps and every PS4 Pro game is 1080p 60FPS. PS4 pro owners should be concerned."

Developer confirmed on Twitter they didn’t enhace PS4 Pro version. This is not a problem with difference of specifications.

Sony should force PS4 Pro enhaced games, I’m sure Microsoft is doing

Top Bottom