• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Female Fans?

XS5LK.gif

Aizo

Banned
Wow. Big week for me comics-wise. Should be good!
My two favourites are in there.

Batman Adventures : Mad Love
Harley and Ivy

Buy both you won't regret it
I shall pick them up!

Followup question! Did you read the arc of Deathstroke with Harley? Is it good?

So, the rumours were correct and Mr.Oz is
Jor-El. Super intrigued to see where this all goes.

So as someone who admittedly hasn't read the story and has just read catch up/reveals online does that
not end up a bit stupid, I mean I have seen earlier story panels where Superman is actually talking to Mr Oz with his face visible and he doesn't recognise him at all. I know he left Krypton as a baby but I seem to remember so many stories where he see's thing like holograms of his parents in the fortess, seems strange he wouldn't recognise his fathers face.

Owzers

Did anyone like Mass Effect Andromeda? I'm curious but it kinda got trashed on and Bioware hasn't impressed me for awhile.

Did anyone like Mass Effect Andromeda? I'm curious but it kinda got trashed on and Bioware hasn't impressed me for awhile.

I would play it if you're a fan of the series and can get it cheap. But it's not amazing. There are a lot of shitty sidequests. Characters are good and a couple of those sex scenes are 👌👌👌

Vic_Viper

BC are posting all the new Marvel books. The Phoenix book is titled Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey for example.

Best Marvel news in a long time! Now just bring back Wolverine and I'd be so happy.

The art in that article looks just like the Jean in Morrisons New X-Men run.

For all the people who didn't like Scott Snyder before Metal. What is he doing with Metal that's making his writing more enjoyable for you?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Wednesday's Comic Covers!

Same.

How's Curse Words? What's got you hooked? Sell me on that and Youngblood.

Curse Words is a fun book. It's got humor. It's got heart. It's got a talking koala bear. And it has Ryan Browns amazing art.

Youngblood I can't really recommend at this point. Not sure if I'm going past this arc or not.

For all the people who didn't like Scott Snyder before Metal. What is he doing with Metal that's making his writing more enjoyable for you?

I loved Snyders new 52 Batman, but then went off him quite a bit from his All Star run. I think my problem was though he always has a bit of a tendacy to get silly sometimes with his action and his use of over the top bat gadgets if theres a good story there to back it up I'm okay with it. All Star forgot to have a decent story and just double downed on the stupid moments and bad bat gadgets. (Seriously I'm never going to let him get away with bat knuckles :( ) So far in Metal it still has the silly moments but its looks like its going to backed up with a pretty epic story that really goes deep into DC lore and characters. That's the part of the story that brings me back in, an epic story of the dark multiverse and all the dark batmen that come from it. It really seems to be Snyders love letter to the DC universe as a whole and its past and future.

Aizo

Banned
Metal has so much DC stuff I don't understand.
Anti-monitor's brain? Rock of Eternity? What is that plan? I don't know most of the Immortals. Ra`s is the youngest? Huh
Wednesday's Comic Covers!

Curse Words is a fun book. It's got humor. It's got heart. It's got a talking koala bear. And it has Ryan Browns amazing art.

Youngblood I can't really recommend at this point. Not sure if I'm going past this arc or not.
That sounds really fun.

So glad Birthright is back! I'll read it when I wake up.

Wanderer5

So Metal #2

When the hell did Darkseid become a baby lol.

And they have arrived, and each has their own speech bubble, which is kind of cool.

Metal has so much DC stuff I don't understand.

That sounds really fun.

So glad Birthright is back! I'll read it when I wake up.

Ha yeah I understand a lot of parts from the issues I've read, but I'm not going to deny that after reading the page by page guides a lot of the comics websites release afterwards theres a lot of things I learn from those I wouldn't have picked up just reading it myself.

EDIT - I replied before you put your specific point in there under it (which I can't read yet for spoilers) so if I'm talking my usual rubbish just ignore me

Aizo

Banned
Ha yeah I understand a lot of parts from the issues I've read, but I'm not going to deny that after reading the page by page guides a lot of the comics websites release afterwards theres a lot of things I learn from those I wouldn't have picked up just reading it myself.
Post these for me, please.

What are some Marvel series worth following right now? I'm planning to catch up with Daredevil, Thor, BP, and Gwenpool and I hear that GOTG is good too.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Runaways, Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, and Ms. Marvel all on the same day?

Geez, Marvel. Spread it around.

Runaways was a great start, can't wait for the rest.

tim1138

It's in the leaked solicits.

I just looked at the leaked solicits and Seeley was still listed on Nightwing and Justice League had TBA for the writer.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #34
OCT170279
(W) [TBD] (A) Liam Sharp (CA) Ethan Van Sciver
Variant cover by Nick Bradshaw (OCT170280)
In Shops: Dec 06, 2017
SRP: $2.99

JUSTICE LEAGUE #35
OCT170281
(W) [TBD] (A) Tyler Kirkham (CA) Ethan Van Sciver
Variant cover by Nick Bradshaw (OCT170282)
In Shops: Dec 20, 2017

NIGHTWING #34
OCT170294
(W) Tim Seeley (A) Miguel Mendonca (CA) Javi Fernandez
Variant cover by Casey Jones (OCT170295)
In Shops: Dec 06, 2017

NIGHTWING #35
OCT170296
(W) Tim Seeley (A/CA) Javi Fernandez
Variant cover by Casey Jones (OCT170297)
In Shops: Dec 20, 2017

Top Bottom