• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Mista Koo

I don't think I've ever watched any of Opinion Yell before, and maybe I shouldn't have.

But how come no one ever utilized all that green screen footage??

wmlk

Man, I forgot how much I miss Opinion Yell.

giphy.gif

Auctopus

To any UK fans (and possibly European) who have considered going to the (probable) EZA meet-up at PSX, tickets from Gatwick to LAX right now are 'only' £300.

I know (I think) BrianFETO went last year and it seemed like a pretty big success, not sure what other non-Americans went.

Did they Allies cover any of the Gamescom content? I've missed anything and everything so far so if possible I'd like to catch up via these guys. They've been my game event hosts for as long as I can remember now.

MrMette

FRAME TRAP

WHEN?

You can check their schedule on their website:
https://easyallies.com/

It says it comes out in 5 hours. It is usually a bit earlier as far as I know (it usually releases while I am sleeping, which is what I am going to do now as it is 3 am here and I have to get to work tomorrow).

I would think it will release in 2 to 3 hours or something like that (5 hours at most as the schedule says).

MrMette

Has Huber reacted to the Age of Empires news?

I don't think so. It is quite recent news and I don't see any reaction from him on twitter.

If he hasn't seen it, chat should tell him during Talking Syndrome (although he will possibly hear the news during the podcast otherwise). I want to see his reaction too.

I myself was convinced that a new Age Of Empires game was out of the question.
I also just read there will be AoE 2 and 3 definitive editions which is great.

I am only hoping they will also come to steam as I will not buy them on the Windows store.

Oh man, just got to the spiders part of Ben's RE3 playthrough. Hilarious. Sorry, Ben.

Man, watching Huber + other Allies/GT Crew play through horror games has been great and I have so much more to go. I've only watched RE7, RE2, The Evil Within, and am halfway through RE3.

Budi

Great that Ben is watching Leftovers and talked about it in Frame Trap! Hopefully that makes more people to check it out. It's an excellent show, one of my all time favorites. And he was spot on with his praises of Carrie Coon, she is superb. Justin Theroux deserves a mention too though, they're a great duo in the show. I was "shocked" that they didn't grab Emmy noms for their perfomances, well Coon got one for Fargo. Actually the casting is done really well overall, like we are accustomed to with HBO shows.

the-leftovers-cast-justin-theroux-carrie-coon-620x360.jpg

Great that Ben is watching Leftovers and talked about it in Frame Trap! Hopefully that makes more people to check it out. It's an excellent show, one of my all time favorites. And he was spot on with his praises of Carrie Coon, she is superb. Justin Theroux deserves a mention too though, they're a great duo in the show. I was "shocked" that they didn't grab Emmy noms for their perfomances, well Coon got one for Fargo. Actually the casting is done really well overall, like we are accustomed to with HBO shows.

Indeed, show was way underrated. And man 4 hour FT!

Karu

Favourite show of alltime. Ben did well.

Roussow

I watched five and a half episodes of the new Leftovers season and have yet to return. Not because I didn't enjoy it, quite the opposite, I'm just not ready for it to end.
Given that the show never gained the popularity of a Breaking Bad / Game of Thrones, I don't feel super pressured to immediately watch it to be part of the zeitgeist, or more practically, just not get spoiled. One day I'll sit down and finish it, but I'm not quite there, it's definitely one of those got to be in the right mood for it things.
I waited like a week to sit down and play Tacoma for the same reasons, boy did that thing just kinda come and go with little fanfare, enjoyed it quite thoroughly though, I highly recommend it if you're into to that sort of game.

On Gamescom coverage, man, Assassins Creed and Far Cry look kinda rough, everything just looks super awkward, I'm fairly confident both games will come together fine, at least in line with the baseline quality expected from each respective series, but boy is the marketing doing very little for me.
My personal hype for AC has never gotten higher than since the setting leaked a long time ago, only some of the environments have actually had me mildly excited.
Far Cry 5's premise is incredibly captivating, and from the jump I was expecting a change as drastic as from Far Cry 2 to 3, but seeing the game play just like Far Cry 3 / 4 deflates any excitement I ever had, none of that game beyond a few parts of earlier trailers conveys the sentiment from E3 of, "people are fucking scared", so far it feels like a missed opportunity. I feel like this game would have fit in really nicely with that L&R question about Wolfenstein and Call of Duty WW2, perhaps Ubi's backing off that separatism angle in the marketing for similar reasons discussed in said L&R question, and maybe the game actually does this subject justice in some capacity.

Edit: I think I might have been a bit too negative on AC there, to be fair, the fact that the protagonist has a wife is really great, Aya seems way more interesting than Bayek, frankly. Hopefully this means she isn't fridged early, I'm really surprised she isn't playable given how the brother/sister dynamic in Syndicate was received, unless that's actually in the game and they're holding back on revealing, but it doesn't seem the case.

I haven't listened to Frame Trap yet but I'm not surprised the same man who also had the good taste to previous recommend Courtney Barnett on FT would also have the good taste to recommend The Leftovers. Ben truly is one of my top-9 favourite Allies.

I know you guys got a bit of flack for the Far Cry preview but great work on the AC Origins preview, Blood (and Jones but he doesn't post here). It stills looks way too "Assassin's Creed" for my liking and the addition of damage numbers seems pointless but the setting and some of the gameplay changes you demonstrated have caught my interest, so I might pick it up at some point.

Budi

I know you guys got a bit of flack for the Far Cry preview but great work on the AC Origins preview, Blood (and Jones but he doesn't post here). It stills looks way too "Assassin's Creed" for my liking and the addition of damage numbers seems pointless but the setting and some of the gameplay changes you demonstrated have caught my interest, so I might pick it up at some point.
What's wrong with their Far Cry preview? Haven't watched it yet, I guess it's safe to skip and look for other "better" sources?

Edit: Ah, read some of the comments. Seems that it is light on commentary or something.
I don't see anything wrong with it. No complaints on Patreon either.

Not checked YouTube comments because lol come on.
Hah!

Hasney

What's wrong with their Far Cry preview? Haven't watched it yet, I guess it's safe to skip and look for other "better" sources?

Edit: Ah, read some of the comments. Seems that it is light on commentary or something.
Hah!

Feel free to watch it, it shows a lot of the demo, there's just some dead air that some people thought came off awkwardly. Blood explained that they're experimenting with the format.

The comments I read were respectable, no reason to dismiss them.

PepperedHam

The butt wipe stuff from the Bloodborne portion of Frame Trap was absolutely killing me. I love love love Bosman and Damiani together on Frame Trap.

Also that entire Bloodborne conversation was a joy. Hearing Damiani recount his second time going through the game made me really want to get back in there for a third playthrough myself. Such a special game. I missed his streams but I'll be there for his Old Hunters streams whenever they happen.

Been watching a few old GT streams. So weird having to get used to the studio look, it's so bland and cold. Makes me wonder what an EZA studio would look like. I hope it'll keep the cozy "at home" vibes to some degree.

Budi

Feel free to watch it, it shows a lot of the demo, there's just some dead air that some people thought came off awkwardly. Blood explained that they're experimenting with the format.
Hmm, I guess I will. Especially to see what kind of new format it is. Thanks for the clarification.
Been watching a few old GT streams. So weird having to get used to the studio look, it's so bland and cold. Makes me wonder what an EZA studio would look like. I hope it'll keep the cozy "at home" vibes to some degree.
Hah, not for me really. The crew fills any room with joy and good vibes! And watching the old clips only makes me nostalgic and think of the things we don't have because there's no studio. Mainly GT Live.

Anyone have any Hall of Greats predictions? It's tonight isn't it?

I predict Jones finally comes with FF6, now that the full playthrough is over. Damiani will also finally pull out Mario 64 which will be a lock. Then there will be epic debate and a few meltdowns when Brad drops FF7 on the group and battle lines are drawn.

Mario 64 and FF7 ultimately make it through.

Anyone have any Hall of Greats predictions? It's tonight isn't it?

I predict Jones finally comes with FF6, now that the full playthrough is over. Damiani will also finally pull out Mario 64 which will be a lock. Then there will be epic debate and a few meltdowns when Brad drops FF7 on the group and battle lines are drawn.

Mario 64 and FF7 ultimately make it through.
Yea I wonder if this is the time where Ben goes down swinging with Xenoblade.

Seiryoden

Don't think anyone put up a Castlevania yet? Surely Ian or Brad must be close to cracking and risking refusal. Also: Please astound me with your selection Don.

Great OT btw.

mcw

The sad thing is that I would have been more excited about that possibility a month ago. Right now I'm of the opinion that the best FF is actually 14.

Hall of Greats is always pure hype regardless

Don't think anyone put up a Castlevania yet? Surely Ian or Brad must be close to cracking and risking refusal. Also: Please astound me with your selection Don.

Great OT btw.

I think Castlevania SOTN made it into the hall if I'm not mistaken? If not, it narrowly missed the cut. I believe Ian nominated it.

Don's pick is always the highlight of the night for me.

Seiryoden

I think Castlevania SOTN made it into the hall if I'm not mistaken? If not, it narrowly missed the cut. I believe Ian nominated it.

Don's pick is always the highlight of the night for me.

Thanks! Can't believe I forgot. Stayed up to watch it that night too. Geriatric ezaSadJones

Props to Brad for swinging for the fences. He won't win but it's good to give it more attention

I think Titanfall 2 had a better single player then Doom.

Also the Ellie complaint i get it but its so dumb, so you want AI to trigger the enemy yeah that would make for a fun game we need ai to be much better before this can become a thing.

Top Bottom