• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I'd say they should make a WiiU version asap and have it auto-install just like Wii Sports...
That reminds me the only auto install they do on 3DS is installing a channel that just takes you to the eShop page of the game :( . I got a youtube a steel diver sub wars one a while back (some months after these were out) and apparently a long time ago a Nintendo video one happened too.

In other words I wonder if this and the anime channel will turn up like that sometime in the future
(why not the full thing and break the stupid thou must have an NNID rule like they break the limited use demos all the time via download codes)

That's a slippery slope, putting a proper game onto smartphones. It'd be more damaging than you can imagine.

A proper game?

Sure.

But this is lightyears from being a proper pokemon game. This would be no more harmful than the pokemon TCG & pokedex apps they made for iOS.

The TCG one being a fully playable game in it's own right proves that it would be minimally "damaging" if at all.

Robin64

Still enjoying this, still playing for free, still looking forward to my daily sessions.

Honestly, I wouldn't really want much more than the short bursts. I think if I had infinite hearts I'd have probably blitzed a chunk of it now and then probably never go back.

Spades

Still enjoying this, still playing for free, still looking forward to my daily sessions.

Honestly, I wouldn't really want much more than the short bursts. I think if I had infinite hearts I'd have probably blitzed a chunk of it now and then probably never go back.

I'm totally with you 100%. I'm sure I'll buy some extra hearts at some point if I'm particularly absorbed in the game, but in general the amount of time you get to play each time is perfect for me.

zroid

Banned

true, two or three short play sessions a day seems fine to me

maybe as I get further in the game and my progress starts being impeded more often then my opinion will change. for now it's nice.

Draxal

That's a slippery slope, putting a proper game onto smartphones. It'd be more damaging than you can imagine.

I think f2p whale trappings are considered acceptable there, but not on the 3ds or any of the consoles.

30 minute reset timer is a joke compared to most mobile games.

It's actually kinda generous, as it would be like say ... 5 minutes to charge one heart in another game. But it would take 12 hearts to enter a higher level stage.

JoeM86

A proper game?

Sure.

But this is lightyears from being a proper pokemon game. This would be no more harmful than the pokemon TCG & pokedex apps they made for iOS.

The TCG one being a fully playable game in it's own right proves that it would be minimally "damaging" if at all.

It's not a proper Pokémon game, sure, but it's a fully functional game in itself. It doesn't have to be a main series title to be classified as a game. Them putting it on iOS would be damaging.
The Pokédex app was a utility, and the sort of thing that both The Pokémon Company and Nintendo are wanting to put on smartphones.
TCG Online is a weird one. It's western made and a port of a PC title.

I think f2p whale trappings are considered acceptable there, but not on the 3ds or any of the consoles.
Yet F2P exist on the 3DS and other consoles before this...

Draxal

Yet F2P exist on the 3DS and other consoles before this...

No offense, but in this thread and the other one there's been nothing but complaining about the energy system in this game.

It's actually very lenient compared to the Puzzle and Dragons and all of their clones. And it doesn't involve gacha mechanics at all, which is where the whales can spends thousands of dollars a month or more rolling to get rare monsters.

isitstill

I just caught Mew with a 10% catch rate. I defeated him on the very last turn, so I had no catch bonus. It was my 2nd attempt.

I wonder if that 10% really means anything. Either way, it felt like a huge win.

I'm enjoying the game. I don't think I'll be spending any money, just play here and there.

Ladekabel

Really enjoy this game and finally see the appeal of Candy Crush and the likes. It just gives a better feeling like Bejeweled.

Still would have prefered an upfront price. The stamina system with low catch rates on some Pokemons tries too hard forcing me to buy something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder if this game will have events where if you're a free player you have to maximise your free credits and clock watch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not a Pokefan, but I don't mind trying the spin-offs like Snap & this. Also managed to capture Mew after a few attempts. Now need to focus on getting Pokemon for Stage 60.

Also noticed the version on the title screen is now "V 1.0.1". Anyone notice any changes?

Qurupeke

I just caught Mew with a 10% catch rate. I defeated him on the very last turn, so I had no catch bonus. It was my 2nd attempt.

I wonder if that 10% really means anything. Either way, it felt like a huge win.

I'm enjoying the game. I don't think I'll be spending any money, just play here and there.

I hate you. I've scored 50%+ a few times but I haven't caught it yet...

isitstill

I hate you. I've scored 50%+ a few times but I haven't caught it yet...

:(

I figured that it was just giving it to me because it's a special event thing or whatever, I guess I just got a super lucky dice roll.

Question:
Do you just choose the optimized Pokemon for each battle, or are you choosing specific Pokemon?

Mr-Joker

Banned
It's a fun game just wish that it wasn't a free to play game and that you can turn off the hint system, honestly getting sick of how hand holdly the Pokémon series has gotten of late.

I will probably just play as far as I can without paying for it and just buy Pokémon Link.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm having more fun with this than with Battle Trozei.

Not planning on spending any money on it, though.

RiggyRob

Quoting since it got stuck at the bottom of the page.

This might have been mentioned before, but you should spend jewels on coins instead of hearts, since it takes hearts to try a stage and they constantly regenerate but you only get coins by completing a stage and checking in.

By the way, how many jewels do you get just by playing through the game?

Also, I realised one way Nintendo could add an even more disgustingly horrible way to monetise Pokemon Shuffle:

Add the infinite hearts 'microtransaction'... but lock it behind the Pikachu and other Pokemon amiibos.

The Pokemon Company: *laughs*

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having more fun with this than with Battle Trozei.

Not planning on spending any money on it, though.

As long as you don't want to binge play it, not spending any money seems completely feasible. I'm enjoying it at something I picked up maybe once or twice a day and play for twenty minutes or so per session. It's quite a bit of fun.

MicH

The micro transactions on the Danish store are cheaper than the British one. About the same as the general EUR price too (360 DKK). Now that's crazy

ghibli99

FWIW, and I know it's apples and oranges, but I'm having more fun with this non-mainline game than any of the Mystery Dungeon games I've tried. I wish you didn't lose a heart even when you win, but it is what it is for now. Hopefully they get rid of that soon and make it function like most other F2P titles.

RiggyRob

Tried it on my old 3DS XL which hadn't updated to the Extra Data. Couldn't view the data of the Pokémon despite them being in the party.

All Pokemon start at level 1, so even the legendaries/hidden pokemon are not actually that powerful - it does look like you can level them up though since they have an experience bar.

weekev

Banned
You don't catch him you get a stone from him. Did you catch the pokemon on level 9?
I think i did, is that me mega evolving now when the screen goes a bit mental? (ive totally been reading the screen prompts and not just skipping them)

MicH

I just had the funniest/most amazing thing happen

I was starting the fight against Togetic and its disruption at the start of the battle set off a 35 combo of matches :lol I didn't even get to do anything! It completed the stage without me doing a single thing :lol Got max catch rate too

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I was starting the fight against Togetic and its disruption at the start of the battle set off a 35 combo of matches :lol I didn't even get to do anything! It completed the stage without me doing a single thing :lol Got max catch rate too
Did you post the shot on miiverse?

A few other uses have reported this happening too. e.g.:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114531-pokemon-shuffle/71258561

You would think they might have coded the game so the AI can't set off chains with disruption (as in it checks the random move and tries again unitll it gets one that doesn't start a chain). Then again maybe they world have checked you couldn't just add Pokemon you don't have...

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I burned up my heart limit because I failed to capture a Purloin with a 70% catch rate and then the game has the gall to ask you to capture a Torchic with a 5 move limit.

Man duck this bullcrap.

MicH

I just caught Grovyle at 7% catch rate

... And then immediately after Swellow broke out at 82%. Dat RNG

nubbe

what keeps bugging me while playing it is the non existing production value

i almost wish i was playing candy crush instead....

Just caught Mew on my first try, I also battled Lapras twice and in the second battle I didn't have to do anything, she just set of a giant combo before I could use my first turn.

Top Bottom