• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division- new screenshots

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I was so hoping this would be a 3rd person. I would love to play this game but I just cant play FPS games anymore since they make me dizzy and sick.. I feel left out...

It is 3rd person...

Did you not see the gameplay demo?

KKRT00

Why should the IQ be an obvious downgrade? Already has worse IQ than KZSF judging by these screens.

If we are getting these quality graphics day one of launch, @1080p 40fps, is anyone REALLY that surprised we will get games like Division, and better a year later?

Why should it get a downgrade? Just because Ubi is publishing? No. Massive is developing this, and they have a great track record of pushing new tech to its limits.

Talk about IQ, post heavy DoF screenshots lol

Dennis

Banned
I was so hoping this would be a 3rd person. I would love to play this game but I just cant play FPS games anymore since they make me dizzy and sick.. I feel left out...

I just wish they would get rid of this guy who is always standing in the middle of the screen and taking up so much of the view......what the fuck is up with that?

BeMs8OECQAAno_V.png:orig

BehDsv0CIAANWR3.png:orig

I was never particulary impressed with this game. Grain filter seemed hide everything. And I can not even check these new screens. Yes my internet is that good right now.

Edit: Damn images took long to load.
1. Nice. Most impressive of three. There seems to be part of tyre clipping through asphalt
2. That terrible grain filter. Otherwise looks awesome.
3. Mixed bag. some terrible things there.

SmartBase

Well console gamers are just getting a taste of 1080p for the first time.

Meanwhile many PC gamers are researching 1440p or even 4k monitors. I'm looking for the former in an OLED variety.

I've had the former for ages but 4K still requires too much. Ultrawide 1440p though, that looks like a nice progression.

In the meantime, more "bullshots" please.

The Division is also an open world game.

I don't think it matters what kind of game it is. You can take high resolution screenshots of any game.

My response was to a comment that says these Division screens have worse IQ than Killzone. And I don't see it.

Well, we stil, have to see what it will really look like on the consoles. But Killzone Shadowfall looks really clean in motion. I'm sure The division will too.

Killzone looks good for consoles, I'll give it that. I'm pretty impressed by it. I have no doubts Division will have aliasing on consoles as well. These are clearly PC screenshots and I have no care in the world because I also play on PC and am capable of playing these games at those resolutions in real-time. Though I've no idea how Division will actually perform so I may end up eating those words (GPU upgrade notwithstanding) :)

IvorB

Hmmm... this games is really far off isn't it? I hope one can customise the look of the player character. I guess you must be able to. Still so short of details.

SJRB

Gold Member
Hmmm... this games is really far off isn't it? I hope one can customise the look of the player character. I guess you must be able to. Still so short of details.

It's an online RPG with full character customization. Not sure why they keep using the same character assets for every screenshot, but yeah. You'll definately be able to build your own character.

[cheap shot: they keep using the same assets because that's all they have at the moment]

IvorB

It's an online RPG with full character customization. Not sure why they keep using the same character assets for every screenshot, but yeah. You'll definately be able to build your own character.

[cheap shot: they keep using the same assets because that's all they have at the moment]

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Kind of trying to forget about this game because I doubt it will release any time soon. Looks too good. Hype will kill me.

buy it on computer and you can mod him to be pamela anderson if you want

Pam? Forget that! I wanna play as Coco:

tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier.jpg
:)

Breemin

How did you come to believe this game was an FPS? Genuinely curious...

It was just a pre-conception. I did very little research into this game. That's all.
Time spent working and spent with wife/kids makes time scarce when it comes to researching upcoming titles.

But its ok, everyone have their fun poking the n00b who was wrong about a game. Have fun with that...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
It was just a pre-conception. I did very little research into this game. That's all.
Time spent working and spent with wife/kids makes time scarce when it comes to researching upcoming titles.

But its ok, everyone have their fun poking the n00b who was wrong about a game. Have fun with that...

Relax bud. IvorB asked very respectfully. No need to get defensive.

Breemin

Relax bud. He asked very respectfully. No need to get defensive.

I am actually very relaxed and could care less who jokes on the interwebs...
IvorB did ask very nicely and I think I responded nicely. Obviously IvorB didn't poke fun at my misconception about the game and I wasn't referring to him with my statement below my answer to him.

IvorB

I am actually very relaxed and could care less who jokes on the interwebs...
IvorB did ask very nicely and I think I responded nicely. Obviously IvorB didn't poke fun at my misconception about the game and I wasn't referring to him with my statement below my answer to him.

No worries, bro. I'm sure guys were just having a little fun. I was just curious because the only thing anyone has seen of this game is the reveal trailer which is what got everyone hyped and it's clearly a third-person game. You should check it out if you haven't seen it:

The Division reveal trailer.

It's pretty amazing.

Breemin

Now that I realize its a 3rd person, I will definitely be getting this.

When I think Tom Clancy, post-apocalyptic, online multiplayer, I immediately think FPS and I get frustrated because I cant play FPS. That's where my pre-conception comes from...
I have yet to watch any gameplay footage although some is out.

Screens look amazing and I am pretty sure this is a game I will enjoy.
Unfortunately its still a long wait...

These are clearly PC screenshots and I have no care in the world because I also play on PC and am capable of playing these games at those resolutions in real-time. Though I've no idea how Division will actually perform so I may end up eating those words (GPU upgrade notwithstanding) :)

With Ubi, you never really know. But for multiplats, you best bet will always be a good pc. Hopefully, that pc will be hooked on a HD projector projecting a nice full HD image on a 140 inch projection screen. That would be the way to go imo. Everything on ultra and high fps.

I don't have such a PC, so i hope the PS4 version will be good enough, but i think it will.

Badgerst3

No worries, bro. I'm sure guys were just having a little fun. I was just curious because the only thing anyone has seen of this game is the reveal trailer which is what got everyone hyped and it's clearly a third-person game. You should check it out if you haven't seen it:

The Division reveal trailer.

It's pretty amazing.

Nice- thx for the link. So a little confused: are those npc's in the video or coop partners?

Is this a full sp campaign or like destiny? Looks great btw. Wonder if this will really drop in 2014.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Now that I realize its a 3rd person, I will definitely be getting this.

When I think Tom Clancy, post-apocalyptic, online multiplayer, I immediately think FPS and I get frustrated because I cant play FPS. That's where my pre-conception comes from...
I have yet to watch any gameplay footage although some is out.

Screens look amazing and I am pretty sure this is a game I will enjoy.
Unfortunately its still a long wait...

You need to watch that reveal "trailer." It's not spoiling anything, and it's mostly an overview of what their vision is for the game and its scope. From setting, to UI, to gameplay, to social/multiplayer interactions. If they can reach their goal, I am with you, it will be a fantastic experience very much in the Clancy vein.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Nice- thx for the link. So a little confused: are those npc's in the video or coop partners?

Is this a full sp campaign or like destiny? Looks great btw. Wonder if this will really drop in 2014.

The good guys are real people. The bad guys are NPCs. Until the very end, when the bad guys are also real people (compete for the loot).

So in a way its similar to Destiny. Small group coop (or I assume solo) vs. NPCs, and then also MP.

AHA-Lambda

I still don't believe this will look like this, I think this will be Watch Dogs all over again.

And there is no chance this is a 2014 release.

CCIE

Banned
Obviously the PC version. The PS4 can maybe do this in 900p, and the One probably can - in 720p at best. May have to play this one on PC

Top Bottom