• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 25| Did you think me defeated?!"

Id really be curious to see what would happen if you got your hands on an external. I dunno, are you actually deleting the old install when it fails?
I would keep pressing "try installing again," but it would only install a few MB and then stop installing. I sat with it for a long time yesterday repeating this process, but eventually even when it said it was installing, not data would be installed and it stopped at 34.30GB and would not proceed further than that. I have not deleted it since so I'll give it another shot today. Also, there is a weird glitch where when MCC is not launched it says it is 83% downloaded, but when launched it says it's only about 56% downloaded. Regardless, it will not continue installing in both states.

Edit: Now when I try to launch the game in its "Ready to Start" state, it asks me whether or not I own the game, which means the disc is not being read properly. I checked it for scratches and it looks fine save the typical wear and tear a disc gets over three years.

Edit 2: Tried cleaning it, got the same message. I'm going to try and reinstall it from the top but if that doesn't work then I'm done.

Edit 3: Disc will not be recognized at all now and it's not a problem with the Xbox One S because GTAV is downloading just fine. Not sure why this happened, last time I had MCC installed was last summer and I had little problem installing it then. I don't think my fingers have ever been crossed as hard as they are now when it comes to a surprise H3: A reveal at E3. I know the likelihood is slim (given that it's on both 360 and Xbox One and that Halo Wars 2 just came out), but I just want to have a fully functional classic Halo game on my Xbox One.

Trup1aya

I wonder if your disc or disc drive is messed up. Have you tried installing while disconnected from the web.

Also avoid "ready to play" at all costs

I wonder if your disc or disc drive is messed up. Have you tried installing while disconnected from the web.

Also avoid "ready to play" at all costs

Well the disc drive is working fine since GTAV is installing and MCC's disc was readable until yesterday. I haven't tried downloading offline, but I will do that if the disc becomes readable again (assuming this is just a glitch and not a disc problem). I have had problems here and there like this with MCC in the past, but in the end of the day it would always work fine. I'd pick it up digitally if there's a summer sale, but I really don't want to give 343/MS any more money for this game...

Edit: Also congrats to Tom French on the promotion, he seems to be a really talented guy and I hope him the best.

Fuchsdh

Chris Haluke has left 343i.

Tom French upped to multiplayer director.

6e4e57c4bb706af0f26131c4a2bc7a6e.jpeg

Madness

Don't want to clog up Halo 5 thread with speculation, but would be very disappointing if E3 is just another round of cosmetic DLC for Halo 5. I mean there are major games coming this year. I wouldn't be interested at all that some Halo 3 weapons are coming to Warzone and that they curated some new social H3 playlist using forge maps etc.

Trup1aya

Maybe some H3 back compatability

Honestly, I feel like that would be a better Anniversary treatment than CE:A and H2A were.

iFirez

I'd like to see a Halo Harvest or Halo Insurrectionist game taking place before the Covenant meet humanity or starting just before that event. It may be too non-Halo to the mainstream though but I'd love that.

E3 will either be new DLC/Additions to Halo 5 or it will be a tease for a new spin off. I honestly don't want Halo 6 to be rushed, let it sit in the pot and stew for a few years. I'd love for another company (not 343) to tackle a spin off game while 343 create the next mainline game (which I'm hoping embraces a much more Halo Wars 2 aesthetic).

Trup1aya

I'd like to see a Halo Harvest or Halo Insurrectionist game taking place before the Covenant meet humanity or starting just before that event. It may be too non-Halo to the mainstream though but I'd love that.

E3 will either be new DLC/Additions to Halo 5 or it will be a tease for a new spin off. I honestly don't want Halo 6 to be rushed, let it sit in the pot and stew for a few years. I'd love for another company (not 343) to tackle a spin off game while 343 create the next mainline game (which I'm hoping embraces a much more Halo Wars 2 aesthetic).

I'd like that too. I actually thought H5 would give us a mix of inny and Covy action based on everything that happened between H3 and just prior to H5. I was really disappointed not to get that.

Going back in time would be a great opportunity to revisit classic gameplay and hopefully implement some new enemies that or more fun than Prometheans

AlStrong

"Before there was John...

... There was Johnson."

:p

-Ryn

Banned

Seriously​

I miss that ol' school Halo aesthetic and damn did Creative Assembly nail the look in that trailer (at least as far as character design and feel). Love this stuff.

Oh and if 343 could bring back full armor customization and the brotastic victory animations that'd be great. Maybe give the player options for what voice their Spartan is using for callouts (e.g. Australian marine voice, RvB Character voices, Johnson, etc.).

Seriously​

I miss that ol' school Halo aesthetic and damn did Creative Assembly nail the look in that trailer (at least as far as character design and feel). Love this stuff.

Oh and if 343 could bring back full armor customization and the brotastic victory animations that'd be great. Maybe give the player options for what voice their Spartan is using for callouts (e.g. Australian marine voice, RvB Character voices, Johnson, etc.).

I'd expect H6 to shift more towards an HW2 looks, but still have a lot of H4/5 type looks. Infinity is on the run, have to break out the museum pieces, etc. but there'll still be a lot of newer ordinance.

Full customization might be a hard stretch. They're pretty committed to no clipping, which seriously limits your options if you want part by part.

I'd like to see victory animation introduced as a customizable option, too. Make it player-facing only with the dull default so nobody gets triggered. Callouts are good too.

One thing I never see mention of is how 343 might want to consider handling skins going forward. I think it's pretty safe to say how Gears 4 implemented skins for weapon pickups is 100% how Halo 6 should be.

For those unfamiliar, your weapon skins are applied to weapons as soon as you pick them up for the first time, and they're maintained throughout that weapon's duration. So if you die after you picked up your Bubblegum Rocket, then it still has your skin applied for whoever else uses it.

This makes Halo's weapon skins more meaningful, especially since they're not limited to Warzone etc., and allows 343 to continue making more.

Just one way to not only improve Halo's customization, but to add to the REQ pool for more unlocks.
$$$

Fuchsdh

One thing I never see mention of is how 343 might want to consider handling skins going forward. I think it's pretty safe to say how Gears 4 implemented skins for weapon pickups is 100% how Halo 6 should be.

For those unfamiliar, your weapon skins are applied to weapons as soon as you pick them up for the first time, and they're maintained throughout that weapon's duration. So if you die after you picked up your Bubblegum Rocket, then it still has your skin applied for whoever else uses it.

This makes Halo's weapon skins more meaningful, especially since they're not limited to Warzone etc., and allows 343 to continue making more.

Just one way to not only improve Halo's customization, but to add to the REQ pool for more unlocks.
$$$

Isn't this how the skins in Halo work? The only difference being they don't apply to pickup weapons, only load outs?

link1201

$$$
Sounds good to me!

Isn't this how the skins in Halo work? The only difference being they don't apply to pickup weapons, only load outs?
That's what I'm talking about. Skins only apply to loadouts, but not pickups, and there aren't skins for Rockets, Shotguns, Snipers, Storm Rifles, Needlers, etc.

In Gears 4, there are skins for every single weapon, so when you pick up a Boomshot it applies your weapon skin for the duration of that weapon. This would be great for Halo.

Have a sweet BR skin you unlocked? You can only see it in Warzone and BTB since you can spawn with it, but with a system like this then any fresh BR you pick up will apply your skin for all to see.

Just go the extra mile and have the skin animate onto the gun when you first pick it up!

Different fades like a wipe, checkerboard, skin fusing, liquid, dust blown off revealing your skin underneigth2 etc.

Go ballls deeeep 343!!!!!!!!

Skins are a blight in gaming culture.

Give me a toggle option to remove my viewing of pizza AR skins and bright blue lighting bubble Lancers.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What about a skin of ... skin. It puts the lotion in the basket

Fuchsdh

It sounds kind of goofy when you consider we have rainbow guns and a damn pizza skin, but all the skins in H5 are pretty unified and not really all that garish. Fan-made would get way worse, way faster.

iExplicit

What if we expect some grand reveal for the 10 year anniversary for Halo 3 but really all they do is put a Classic H3 Throwback playlist in Halo 5 with just forge remakes of Halo 3 maps.

Dream crusher.

Trup1aya

What if we expect some grand reveal for the 10 year anniversary for Halo 3 but really all they do is put a Classic H3 Throwback playlist in Halo 5 with just forge remakes of Halo 3 maps.

Dream crusher.

It's best to expect nothing. They've said nothing exists.

Best case scenario is H3 goes backwards compatible.

You guys suck.

I'll just kill myself since no one wants me.
Whoa don't say that! Gotta stay positive man. There is always hope for a better halo lol.

Dream crusher.
I'd still rather them fix TMCC. Seriously I would be so happy. Heck go back and make a legit halo ce remake not based on the pc version. Halo 3 is just meh for me but I can understand the desire for an anniversary edition. And ugh at H3 forge maps announcement. Lets just keep forge out of E3 this year lol.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'll be ooptimistic about a possible halo 3 content drop for h5 with dev maps... [spoilerMADE IN FORGE[/spoiler]

Ricker

Finally playing the single player of Halo 5 thanks to the new 14 day Trial of the new Pass thing and OMG at the graphics...I cant imagine how awesome stuff on the Scorpio will look like in good hands...

NOKYARD

Yes, please let's not be disappointed in the H3 Classic Playlist because you were expecting something bigger related to H3.

This is something we have wanted for a long time, that just happened to be in the building phase during E3.

Remember, it's a no-spartan abilities playlist with proper static weapon timers and no weapon pads.

Juan

Yes, please let's not be disappointed in the H3 Classic Playlist because you were expecting something bigger related to H3.

This is something we have wanted for a long time, that just happened to be in the building phase during E3.

Remember, it's a no-spartan abilities playlist with proper static weapon timers and no weapon pads.

The last part sounds good. I removed Halo 5 from my Xbox for a while now, but I will be curious to jump in once again when this playlist will be live. :)

I'm still just surprised by the amount of time the Live team at 343 needs to create a playlist (not only talking about the H3 one btw).

Yo dawgs, I did some art that you might think is neat:

old_binary_rifle_re_design_by_prinzeugn-dbaomoq.png

Went back to a really old re-design for the Binary Rifle I did in the Halo 4 days, and tried some new techniques.

Juan

Yo dawgs, I did some art that you might think is neat:

Binary%20Rifle.png

Went back to a really old re-design for the Binary Rifle I did in the Halo 4 days, and tried some new techniques.

You should use less soft brushes, it gives a blurry visual when you're trying to make hard surfaces actually.

Top Bottom