• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

If she's not included in the standard edition pre-order, I doubt the Deluxe will be any different. Eliza is a pre-order only character, not included in the Deluxe Edition/Season Pass.

If you're not getting her by pre-ordering then you have to buy her separately 30 days after release.

eyeball_kid, the effective high level Lei Wulong used less than 5% of his move list. He is the worst example of a drunken fighter in any reasonable fighting game. Shun Di from VF or even Brad Wong from DOA flow ten times better than Lei.

Lei's Tekken Tag 2 ending is the most sickening form of false advertisement. I'd most certainly play Lei if he was about flow and fun to play. Blame Harada for giving him such an unbalanced move list that forced you to forget 99% of your fun strategies in order to win games at high level. That is the real reason why he isn't in Tekken 7.

Who said anything about taking Lei to tourneys? I don't play Lei to play at a high level, I play to have fun. I can't speak to your complaints about TTT2, T6 is the last one I played.

AAK

I spoke too soon, It sounds like Koreans/Japanese are still allowed to enter the grassroots tournaments but they just won't get ranked. Nevermind, they're still taking everyone's money.

Blame Harada for giving him such an unbalanced move list that forced you to forget 99% of your fun strategies in order to win games at high level.

Harada hasn't directed a Tekken game in over a decade. He's a producer.

GrayFoxPL

Just after nice T4 session. Tekken Force in this is so damn good. Challenging too, if you're not on your toes even few grunts can fuck you up real good. Only managed to get to the half of second stage with Lee before 8 ganged up on me and that was it, lol. Granted the pad I played with isn't the best but still.

Super fun shit, way better then awful T6 scenario, T5 Devil Within and even original T3 TF. It's so satisfying to knock down 4 dudes at once with Lee's bb+4. Moves with circular movement work like you expect them to in this. No weird whiffing, there's tons of active frames.

T4 style Tekken Force for T7 dlc pls.

Takeru

Just after nice T4 session. Tekken Force in this is so damn good. Challenging too, if you're not on your toes even few grunts can fuck you up real good. Only managed to get to the half of second stage with Lee before 8 ganged up on me and that was it, lol. Granted the pad I played with isn't the best but still.

Super fun shit, way better then awful T6 scenario, T5 Devil Within and even original T3 TF. It's so satisfying to knock down 4 dudes at once with Lee's bb+4. Moves with circular movement work like you expect them to in this. No weird whiffing, there's tons of active frames.

T4 style Tekken Force for T7 dlc pls.

Man, I haven't played Tekken Force in a long ass time. I was disappointed with what they did with Tekken 6. I agree with your notion.

PhineBuyM3

eyeball_kid, the effective high level Lei Wulong used less than 5% of his move list. He is the worst example of a drunken fighter in any reasonable fighting game. Shun Di from VF or even Brad Wong from DOA flow ten times better than Lei.

Lei's Tekken Tag 2 ending is the most sickening form of false advertisement. I'd most certainly play Lei if he was about flow and fun to play. Blame Harada for giving him such an unbalanced move list that forced you to forget 99% of your fun strategies in order to win games at high level. That is the real reason why he isn't in Tekken 7.
gucci3.png
Have you ever seen Ranca, Tetsuo, or Furumizu use in him T6BR?

Had to play very by the book with him in Tag 2, but in 6 I got good mileage out of most of his moves.

Lei Wulong's problem started in Tekken 5. He was trash tier in Tekken 4, so they scrapped the idea of his complexity in favor of a more easy to use Lei. All the more complex characters have been getting reshaped into an easier mold.

Yoshi has somewhat maintained his wild card status, but TTT2/T7 Xiaoyu is the easiest Xiaoyu there has ever been pick up and use. Unfortunately for Lei, they took it too far with him, and we see the end result.

cordy

Banned
I wonder what the title of the T7 OP will be.

*prays the title doesn't say anything about the delay as that would be another shot at the game when it's finally being released*

GrayFoxPL

Lei Wulong's problem started in Tekken 5. He was trash tier in Tekken 4, so they scrapped the idea of his complexity in favor of a more easy to use Lei. All the more complex characters have been getting reshaped into an easier mold.

Yoshi has somewhat maintained his wild card status, but TTT2/T7 Xiaoyu is the easiest Xiaoyu there has ever been pick up and use. Unfortunately for Lei, they took it too far with him, and we see the end result.

Not that much trash tier. It's just that Jin and Steve made everyone else trash. Lei was pretty much on a level of rest of the lower bunch like Yoshi, Julia, King, Marduk ect.

I really liked playing him in T4 for some reason. Don't know if it were the god tier outfits or just wanting to prove myself with low tier but I liked it. Learned the rave sweep just frame and bunch of tactics and setup shit I forgot by T6.

I wonder what the title of the T7 OP will be.

*prays the title doesn't say anything about the delay as that would be another shot at the game when it's finally being released*

Tekken 7: A Kuma chows on Akuma.

Playsage

Spoiler thread when?

Anybody on GAF with an early copy?

Heard something really not glowing about
character episodes

Though, I was expecting that

So literally what is posted in the bio. That's fucking lame.

And T6 was about an hour as well, with some additional content in the line of different character interactions depending on who you picked.

It's mostly lame because they could have done more than one fight per character for the side stuff.

me0wish

Can someone please give me something to sell me on Tekken 7 (videos preferred)? I mainly care about the mechanics and gameplay depth.

This is the first 3D fighting game I'm considering to take seriously, I used to love SC2, and my favorite 2D fighting game is BB as I love it's fast fluid deep gameplay, and how unique each character is.

I've always been curious about 3D fighting games, and I would really appreciate it if someone can help me discover the joy of playing them.

Maybe it's impossible to do the story and everything related to it within an hour, but the single character stories are what I have issues with.

"Some fights are personal"

*reads a bunch of random first opponent battles in a worldwide tournament*

Such personal. Kind of hard to gauge what they're going for with the story mode stuff for the non-main characters. They get one battle with fancy cutscenes? Or will it amount to a rivalry that comes to a head later on? Like Yoshi vs Leo for instance... It's an interesting concept, but they read like opening stage descriptions moreso than a bio. Excited to find out nonetheless.

Unless *gasp*
Yoshi killed Leo's mom!?
...I was on to something. I don't think I'm excited to find out anymore.

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, somebody's lying. It's either Wonkey's source who's lying or Bamco's lying to the public.

This'll be good.

Leaks??

FAKE NEWS

mAwSuo4.png

Whatever. It's more than SF5 got. But it's less than what we're used to. Just gimme the damn game already.

Sheesh.

joeblow

Not that much trash tier. It's just that Jin and Steve made everyone else trash. Lei was pretty much on a level of rest of the lower bunch like Yoshi, Julia, King, Marduk ect.

I really liked playing him in T4 for some reason. Don't know if it were the god tier outfits or just wanting to prove myself with low tier but I liked it. Learned the rave sweep just frame and bunch of tactics and setup shit I forgot by T6.

No Tekken character in franchise history has been nerfed as badly as Lei was in T4 when compared to the TTT version. And there's not even a close second.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man....that Wonkey tweet is fucking lame if true. That's disappointing.

EDIT: Bamco dev said it's impossible to finish it in that short amount of time so I guess we'll have to wait.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817208487457439/

I mean, he said that some French guy streamed the whole thing. I don't know how you could get the time wrong when it's all laid out there. Maybe the Namco guy meant that it's impossible to complete the Mishima part and the side stories in an hour.

AAK

I didn't mind True Ogre either in TTT2 mostly because he at least animated like a beast. He had his own unique running & crouch animations and his commands felt like legitimate visceral strikes.

Unlike the poverty-quality bears.

Top Bottom