• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to watch old UFO documentaries on YouTube and I have to sit through an unskippable ad of Dinesh D'Souza bitching about multiculturalism and comparing/equating chattel slavery to other forms of slavery.

DKdUO3BUEAAmxJ2.jpg:large

Kelly doing a heckuva job.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So for a little more context to this. Bruce Maxwell was born on a military base, his father is a career Army man, and he's white. The anti-Kaepernick because he's "disrespecting the military" crowd has to be so confused right now.

There is literally no demographic in existence that Republicans will hesitate to shit on. We need look no further than the election with decorated war hero/treasonous coward, John Kerry.

JP_

Banned
I'm just trying to watch old UFO documentaries on YouTube and I have to sit through an unskippable ad of Dinesh D'Souza bitching about multiculturalism and comparing/equating chattel slavery to other forms of slavery.

I almost think we wouldn't have alt-right if not for youtube redirecting everyone to their dumbass reaction vids.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is literally no demographic in existence that Republicans will hesitate to shit on. We need look no further than the election with decorated war hero/treasonous coward, John Kerry.

I still can't get over the fact that worked. It was disgusting as hell and damn near irredeemable. If anyone wonders why I have such little respect for the GOP voter base, this is where it starts. My introduction to politics was watching a decorated war hero get shit on.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I still can't get over the fact that worked. It was disgusting as hell and damn near irredeemable. If anyone wonders why I have such little respect for the GOP voter base, this is where it starts. My introduction to politics was watching a decorated war hero get shit on.

Yeah, that was the point where I realized "holy shit, fuck these guys". Pretty much turned me away from Republicans forever.

Politics ”comes up on most [dates] now just because of everything that's been going on recently, especially since Charlottesville," she said. ”It's hard for people not to talk about it, so it just comes up. And then most of the time I just try not to even say anything." If she offers an opinion, such as, ”I can understand the president [saying there's] multiple sides at fault here," then her date ”just gets completely mad," she said.

Of course.

GrapeApes

Only 52% of Republicans think striking North Korea would start a larger war. Who are these dumbass 48% that think shit will be sweet if we attack them? This isn't like launching strikes at an abandoned air strip.

Zolo

Yeah. Especially with that patriots statement, I don't see Trump letting this go with how badly his ego's bruised.

JettDash

NFL owners could cut players for refusing to stand during the national anthem without violating their constitutional rights. Though it might violate the collective bargaining agreement they have with the player's union.

The 1st ammendment protects the government from infringing upon people's free speech, not their employers.

I hope it goes without saying that I don't think they should.

FyreWulff

Even if technically players only have first amendment rights off the field, nobody at the cabinet/White House level should ever be trying to say shit like Trump and Mnuchin are.

Fox318

NFL owners could cut players for refusing to stand during the national anthem without violating their constitutional rights. Though it might violate the collective bargaining agreement they have with the player's union.

The 1st ammendment protects the government from infringing upon people's free speech, not their employers.

I hope it goes without saying that I don't think they should.
Teams have the right to do this and they should have that right.

The question for them is it worth the bad PR and loss of quality stars.

Look to see what Jets and Texans players do.

Aren't they still going to have a vote on their shit health bill?

Seung Min Kim‏Verified account
@seungminkim
Follow
More
! @LindseyGrahamSC on him, RonJohn: "We're not going to vote for a budget resolution that doesn't allow the health care debate to continue."

Jake Sherman‏Verified account @JakeSherman 32m32 minutes ago
More Jake Sherman Retweeted Seung Min Kim
SIREN — tax reform could be snarled if Senate Rs won’t vote for budget unless it repeals O’care!

Guess healthcare and tax cuts for the wealthy are tied together

JettDash

Aren't they still going to have a vote on their shit health bill?

I'm not sure. Turtle might want to hold a vote just to prove he did everything he could. On the other hand, holding a vote and losing would make him look more incompetent and week.

Zukkoyaki

So if I'm reading that right, they'll shutdown the government if they can't kick millions off of healthcare? Well that sounds like a great idea /s

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, wtf ?! Do these idiots even know the Constitution ?

Is a football field a constitutional-rights free zone? (ie. a conservative safe space)

People should start saying that no one should be able to handle firearms outside of shooting ranges. The cognitive dissonance would be off the charts.

Vixdean

Who is this bald sacrificial lamb the WH is sending out to MTP to take flak for Trump this morning? I've never even heard of the Director of Legislative Affairs.

Zolo

I'm not sure. Turtle might want to hold a vote just to prove he did everything he could. On the other hand, holding a vote and losing would make him look more incompetent and week.

I take his recent silence that he's not going to hold the vote if they don't have assurance. They held one public vote already.

JettDash

So if I'm reading that right, they'll shutdown the government if they can't kick millions off of healthcare? Well that sounds like a great idea /s

They can only have one reconciliation bill a year. Their plan was to have Obamacare repeal done before the end of this fiscal year, and then to do taxes separately. It looks like their plan has failed. So now they want write up reconciliation instructions that will allow them to do both Obamacare repeal and tax cuts in the bill.

They would be idiots to actually try to do tax reform and Obamacare repeal in the same bill as it reduces the chances of anything passing. But they're incompetent and desperate so they probably will.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jake Tapper: Source close to Graham-Cassidy says they think Murkowski and Paul may vote yes.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah. Worried about that. Murkowski's basically being bribed. Rand was never going to be the vote that stood in the way.

On mobile, but this is via Igor Bobic on Twitter

Rand literally just said on 'Meet the Press' they'd have to take all the block grants out of the bill in order to vote for it

Doesn’t mean he’s a No, but it would mean a radical rewrite of it with days to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom