• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stardust Crusaders 13

"Wheel of Fortune... wheel... wheels... cars have wheels... what if I make the Stand a car?" - Araki, probably

The actual thought process behind that stand via Jojoveller books....

WHEEL OF FORTUNE
You've got a car coming after you, like in Duel or Christine. The Design is a 60's-70's American car remodeled to look like an animal. The stand's master exists only to make a joke.

If you want to read about the thought/lack of thought process behind every stand http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/JOJOVELLER/Commentaries.

WHEEL OF FORTUNE
You've got a car coming after you, like in Duel or Christine. The Design is a 60's-70's American car remodeled to look like an animal. The stand's master exists only to make a joke.

If you want to read about the thought/lack of thought process behind every stand http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/JOJOVELLER/Commentaries.

That doesn't contradict anything I said though!

WHEEL OF FORTUNE

On Stray Cat

"When I was a kid, my grandpa had a cat named Chako. We doted on it, but I rememeber once it hurt me when I ignored it... I've never trusted cats ever since (laughs)."

So why does he brutally murder the dogs!?

Kickz

Durarara!! X2 The Third Arc Ep 32
VSOGItv.jpg
paOWTz6.jpg
1U9pKfl.jpg

Well damn Celty finally got her head

Shits starting to hit the fan, now that Celty has her head back and apparently loses her memories because of it. Kind of a cop out, but I guess you need an end boss.

KraytarJ

Sakura Quest 7
A second episode on the movie arc for some reason, I think the main problem with this is that we go straight from IT-chan's arc to Oren detective's arc. But they're basically the same thing, yes there are some differences but they're so similar that putting them back-to-back doesn't really highlight the differences it just makes them feel samey. Another problem I have with the show is that backstory and resolution happen at basically the same time so as soon as you find out what problem a character has it's already resolved. Also, that reminiscing montage of OD's acting passion through the ages could not have been more out of place.

Love Tyrant 7
I know it's a harem but do we really need this sorta serious romance stuff all the time? It's so dreadfully boring and simplistic that's it's just a pain to sit through. After the first few episodes I thought we were in for a treat with this one but now at roughly the halfway point this just screams mediocre as the comedy is being replaced by lame plot developments and what gags remain just aren't fresh enough to consistently land anymore.

Not exactly a great hour of anime to say the least.

zulux21

gah... why does Tenjou Tenge have such a fun opening

when a rap song comes up I can't help but think of it.
and then I go listen to it.
and then I get pissed at it due to how crappy the anime ending is...
and then I remember there are OVAS that continue the story...
and then get pissed remembering how the OVAS somehow manage to end at even a crappier spot @_@.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just saw that there's some anime movie called "Blame" coming to Netflix soon... anyone know anything about it?

They're making a brand new original movie for...

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoYr68QgSk

In theaters January 6, 2018.

Ishihara/Hanada as expected.
Skimming the plot synopsis, something about Touka (Rikka's sister) planning to move to Italy and take Rikka with her.

Ah, I was wondering what they'd do to try to split the pair up. Maybe they mean an Italian nerd girl and have her join the crew.

Articalys

Ah, I was wondering what they'd do to try to split the pair up. Maybe they mean an Italian nerd girl and have her join the crew.
After reading the summary more fully, it looks like the general plot is: in the last year of high school, Yuuta and Rikka are still living together but haven't progressed in their relationship at all. Touka comes back from Italy and says that since she has a steady job there now, she's taking Rikka back with her, so Yuuta and the gang start working on a plan for he and Rikka to "elope" before it's too late.

So they might not actually have any scenes in Italy itself... but who knows.
Fun fact: the filename for Tohru's picture is thor.png.

Ascheroth

I just saw that there's some anime movie called "Blame" coming to Netflix soon... anyone know anything about it?

It's another Polygon Pictures CG adaption of a Nihei manga (last was Knights of Sidonia)
Blame! is considered his best work. The movie will probably take a lot of liberties with the material, so I'm really curious to see how it turns out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's another Polygon Pictures CG adaption of a Nihei manga (last was Knights of Sidonia)
Blame! is considered his best work. The movie will probably take a lot of liberties with the material, so I'm really curious to see how it turns out.
Ah, I thought it looked like Sidonia from the key art, but I wasn't sure. I guess that can be my anime of the season. lol

After reading the summary more fully, it looks like the general plot is: in the last year of high school, Yuuta and Rikka are still living together but haven't progressed in their relationship at all. Touka comes back from Italy and says that since she has a steady job there now, she's taking Rikka back with her, so Yuuta and the gang start working on a plan for he and Rikka to "elope" before it's too late.

So they might not actually have any scenes in Italy itself... but who knows.
Fun fact: the filename for Tohru's picture is thor.png.
If they tease an Italy trip, they should do it!
I can't imagine their relationship really progresses though. Even Tamako Market just ends with a rather paltry confession as the culmination of that relationship.

-Minsc-

What in the hell.. I wonder if they were afraid they were only gonna have one shot to get it all in or something. Its still really good, but the pace is crazy fast.

The complete opposite of the first series. I was rather surprised they were given the chance to finish the series.

(Crappy) Anime romances in a nutshell. God forbid actual romantic progression occurred during 2 years of dating.

Instead they can do a pseudo-confession yet again because why make the premise logical, fresh and interesting!

They're making a brand new original movie for...

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoYr68QgSk

In theaters January 6, 2018.

Ishihara/Hanada as expected.

Skimming the plot synopsis, something about Touka (Rikka's sister) planning to move to Italy and take Rikka with her.

Groan.

honestly if you're not watching pokemon sun and moon you're really missing out

i'm not kidding when i say it's been one of the more enjoyable anime i've seen in the last few years

It's top-notch kids' anime, yeah.

If they tease an Italy trip, they should do it!
I can't imagine their relationship really progresses though. Even Tamako Market just ends with a rather paltry confession as the culmination of that relationship.

Tamako Market ends on nothing. Tamako Love Story, on the other hand, is entirely about change and the necessity of letting go of the status quo.

Cornbread78

(Crappy) Anime romances in a nutshell. God forbid actual romantic progression occurred during 2 years of dating.
Instead they can do a pseudo-confession yet again because why make the premise logical, fresh and interesting!

Thankfully, from what I remember the characters of the show were good enough to keep the show interesting despite that terrible relationship development between the main pair. I guess we can just hope that they actually write in some development for the main ship and show them acting and treating each other as an actually couple, rather than still trying to figure out what a "romantic relationship" is and how it should look.. Even with that, I still liked the show more than most because it was a pretty fun watch. (bad plot direction/regression aside)

1)I can't imagine their relationship really progresses though.
2)Even Tamako Market just ends with a rather paltry confession as the culmination of that relationship.

1)We can only hope that they do something about that in the movie, I guess it depends on the timeline and if they decide to let Rikka grow up and act like a normal human again.....
2) See below; Hasann is right on about Love Story. Despite the constant mochie talk, the story was more about the main ship growing up in their lives and learning to move forward rather than a standard "rom com" hook up story. I mean, it does have both, but the individual character growth for Tamako especially is what I appreciated from the movie.

Tamako Market ends on nothing. Tamako Love Story, on the other hand, is entirely about change and the necessity of letting go of the status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom