• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden agenda ,wheres the hype?

pager99

Ive heard nothin about this game and only found out its coming out next week,considering its the follow up but not sequel to until dawn ithought there would be significantly more hype it seems both sony and supermassive are just shoving it out the door.Any you guys getting it?

Ive heard nothin about this game and only found out its coming out next week,considering its the follow up but not sequel to until dawn ithought there would be significantly more hype it seems both sony and supermassive are just shoving it out the door.Any you guys getting it?
I am.

Is this going to be a SP experience like Until Dawn? I remember hearing something about it having an integrated multiplayer mode using smart phones or something?

I'm very excited about it. However it is a Playlink game (so MP-focused) and I expect it to be shorter than Until Dawn so it's probably good to keep expectations in check.

hughesta

Banned
wait this comes out next week?? Damn I've been super excited for this and had no idea

so there's your answer I guess OP. No marketing whatsoever.

Mikey Jr.

It's a game you play with your phone.

Mehhh.

Hardly the sequel I was hoping for.

I'm passing.

I think the hype is there, but Until Dawn was kind of a cult hit. I expect it'll sell really well hitting the week before Halloween though.

Was surprised at the very low price point (15 quid on Amazon). Confused why it was so cheap compared to Until Dawn but I pre-ordered it with no hesitation at all for that price and how good UD was. Their other game launches pretty soon after this right? The PSVR one?

BiggNife

The concept sounds super cool but for whatever reason Sony has been doing absolutely zero marketing for this game which is really weird

Also it's $20 which makes me wonder how much content it has. I'm guessing it's only a couple hours?

Bowl0l

The concept sounds super cool but for whatever reason Sony has been doing absolutely zero marketing for this game which is really weird

Also it's $20 which makes me wonder how much content it has. I'm guessing it's only a couple hours?
It's only 3 hours long.

Elandyll

Banned
It's been pushed to November in Europe I think, so that might play a role, but as for me I want to go in blind if reviews / wom is good.

Jacqli

The official thread is locked so I ask here: what the heck is going on with this game? It has already released, right? Although a month later in Europe. Can any USgaffer give some impressions? Until Dawn was so well received and the word of mouth was impressive, I was also part of the group who loved the game, but it seems the opposite for this one…?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It was fun for a playthrough but nobody I played with wanted to do another one. :(

Edit: You too forgot Canada is a thing, so consider me triggered.

Jacqli

It was fun for a playthrough but nobody I played with wanted to do another one. :(

Edit: You too forgot Canada is a thing, so consider me triggered.
Uh, that sucks. I read it was really short (like an hour and a half), but as long as it was replayable… is it not recommendable to play alone? I would like to play with a friend, but probably just one playthrough as well… but it is just 20€, hmmmm…

And sorry for forgetting about Canada, it is late at night where I live and my brain does not want to cooperate. :_)

This is apparently its cover:
00197578512358____2__640x640.jpg

Sony just gave up.

Jigga

My gf and I just played it. We chose to work together, but man did we fux up. Got the main character killed and didn’t solve the case :(

prag16

Banned
Amazon has it discounted to $15 so I was tempted, but seeing as a playthrough is only ~2 hours apparently, and I have nobody to play it with (not that solo is bad, but multiplayer is part of the appeal.. my wife hates games, and that would probably even extend to a "game" like this).

This seems like something that could go below $10 before too long anyway so I can sit tight.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Uh, that sucks. I read it was really short (like an hour and a half), but as long as it was replayable… is it not recommendable to play alone? I would like to play with a friend, but probably just one playthrough as well… but it is just 20€, hmmmm…

And sorry for forgetting about Canada, it is late at night where I live and my brain does not want to cooperate. :_)

This is apparently its cover:
00197578512358____2__640x640.jpg

Sony just gave up.

I'm just teasing xD

Jacqli

I'm just teasing xD
You are right nonetheless!

Amazon has it discounted to $15 so I was tempted, but seeing as a playthrough is only ~2 hours apparently, and I have nobody to play it with (not that solo is bad, but multiplayer is part of the appeal.. my wife hates games, and that would probably even extend to a "game" like this).

This seems like something that could go below $10 before too long anyway so I can sit tight.
I do not see any offer around here so it would be 20€ and that makes the decision a bit harder, also those are my fears as well. I do not like buying games that I will only play with friends (like Keep talking and nobody explodes), at least that they are both enjoyable solo or in coop (like Cuphead).

But I liked Until Dawn so so much…

My gf and I just played it. We chose to work together, but man did we fux up. Got the main character killed and didn’t solve the case :(
Hopefully the relationship will remain the same. :p

Never heard of it.
I remember the announcement at E3 I believe it was, but I completely forgot its name and thought it would take much more time to get released. I think that Sony just released the game with low close to zero expectations.

It could make a really cool Giant Bomb video as well now that I think about it. They made a quick look video at least.

Jigga

I need it!!

I wonder how it will work with two people since decisions would be a 50/50 split

When working together u get points (takeover is the name) for finding clues or being the fastest during a QT event. So when u get those points u can apply 1pt to have the sole decision. So that can create some funny or angry moments lol

Tried playing last night and kept getting disconnects with the phones, not sure what was going on there as home network is rock solid and never had issues before with things like Singstar.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Just checked out some gameplay, looks pretty good, has some nice graphics especially the character models. If your wanting a detective game like heavy rain/until dawn this fits the bill.
However I can imagine this being on PSN+ sooner rather then later.

Top Bottom