• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Battlefield 3 - New Thread of Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

One thing I hope is that this not just a prettier BC2 I hope they really do try to make it feel like its own or BF2. I hate the floaty feel of BC2.

J-Rzez

The Faceless Master said:
no way, this is in no way just about shipers. it's terrible when i sneak into a base and don't kill anyone even when killing someone would be easier than not killing them simply because the killcam will show them exactly where i am and what i'm doing and they can relay that to their buddies and/or go after me themselves when they respawn.

Even better, just get rid of it entirely! I'm cool with that. Game winning kill cams, perhaps, everything else can die.

Wes said:
I would like to join in on the killcam bashing. I hate it.

There's punch over on that table, and not just cake, but pie also on the other table next to it. And welcome to the party btw.

vanty

Just join a server with killcam turned off? Just like friendly fire, it's an option, not a fundamental part of the game.

Dabanton

Net_Wrecker said:
:lol, you meant to say BRINK and BF3 in one year right?

I know you did. Such a kidder.

No i'm sure he meant MW3 and BF3

I know many a vocal poster on GAF hates CoD although it's MP thread seems to be mighty popular for such an apparently hated franchise.

But it will be as usual one of the biggest games of the year. After Black Ops which is a very good MP game i'm looking forward to seeing it.

Same as i'm looking forward to BF3.

Dabanton said:
No i'm sure he meant MW3 and BF3

I know many a vocal poster on GAF hates CoD although it's MP thread seems to be mighty popular for such an apparently hated franchise.

But it will be as usual one of the biggest games of the year. After Black Ops which is a very good MP game i'm looking forward to seeing it.

Same as i'm looking forward to BF3.

Don't get me wrong, I loved CoD4, and Black Ops (MW2 multi was unbalanced garbage) but....

...he meant Brink and BF3. Trust me, I'm an expert.

CozMick

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
So you'll keep playing MAG over BF3 after it's released?

I'll play both.

MAG on PS3

BF3 on Xbox 360 (Unless EA offer some crazy assed DLC on PS3 which is becoming very common)

I don't see the problem in playing 2 (very different) games in the same time period.

EDIT :: Also, after reading through the rest of the thread you seem to be implying that I'm using the player count as a troll attempt towards BF3...............

If you read the posts before mine people were stating that consoles weren't capable of 64 players and that's why they are inferior when this clearly isn't the case.

No other reason behind my original post.

EVIL

I hope Kubra Dam is one of the 4 classic maps that will be featured in BF3. I had allot of fun flying those helicopters trough the large sewer pipe under the dam. I think they can make that map look even more awesome in the new engine. (I also vote for more vertical maps like that)

Dabanton

Net_Wrecker said:
Don't get me wrong, I loved CoD4, and Black Ops (MW2 multi was unbalanced garbage) but....

...he meant Brink and BF3. Trust me, I'm an expert.

:p

Hey i buy most FPS games so i'm in for all three

Ok, after this and seeing the scans I'm pretty happy with the evolution of the game.

Just need to see some videos in action. Need to see the beta. And maybe... MAYBE if everything looks how I hoped they will look, pre-order

Don't let me down EA/Dice

Arnie said:
I hope the four maps are:

Karkand

Sharqi

Oman

Mashtuur

Yes!

And you know what, aside from the first DLC being basically free, this is the kind of DLC I can get behind. Substantial content at a decent price. Just as I understand that the complexity and time it takes to build a map nowadays means we get less maps than before at launch, I absolutely dont expect to get 4 maps for free. Maybe 1 I would expect for free but not 4.

Map packs that split the player base i can at least understand but not stand alone games like Special Forces. Keep it all under the same brand and as time goes on lower the price and more and more people will buy and reunify the player base.

Also, I have this months Game Informer in front of me. Of course screenshots in a magazine aren't as good as seeing a 720p gameplay video, but this game looks really good.

But the article all but confirms that commander mode is out. They talk around it by saying how those same tools are in the hands of all of the players now. My guess is they want to show gameplay videos of the game before they confirm that it is out.

bengraven

This will be the first game I've purchased for multiplayer since BF2 years ago.

And yet I'm excited for single player, too.

TheExecutive said:
Yep, E3 will be filled with tears because BF3 has been delayed due to the incessant bitching from console players wanting 32 people in maps. Optimization delay incoming.

Im all for it. 24 doesn't cut it in a BF game.

CozMick said:
I'll play both.

MAG on PS3

BF3 on Xbox 360 (Unless EA offer some crazy assed DLC on PS3 which is becoming very common)

I don't see the problem in playing 2 (very different) games in the same time period.

EDIT :: Also, after reading through the rest of the thread you seem to be implying that I'm using the player count as a troll attempt towards BF3...............

If you read the posts before mine people were stating that consoles weren't capable of 64 players and that's why they are inferior when this clearly isn't the case.

No other reason behind my original post.
K just wondering. If your cool then im cool.

My fears have been laid to rest after skimming over the scans.

Battlefield 3 (on PC, of course) is now officially my most anticipated game of 2011.

Graphics are super impressive, the real time radiosity is great. Good to see all these awesome visual features coming to the forefront in console games nowadays... that is, if the consoles will support this feature.

I hope the campaign is better, i really didnt care even a little bit while playing the BFBC2 campaign.

some tweets

Steve Papoutsis
Executive Producer on Dead Space 2

leveluptime
Ok just say Battlefield 3 live in person, OMG it's incredible! Go Dice! #BF3

U2RoKKeR
Does it blow what we've seen from the magazine out of the water?

leveluptime
yes its awesome town.
Ian Milham
Art Director on Dead Space
Just saw a demo of Battlefield 3 here at EAHQ. Holy shit. Everything else looks like a cartoon now. #bf3

@locust9 @ChristinaCoffin Snuck in back of theater for BF3 demo just now. Holy shit, you guys. So glad you are on our side.

ShOcKwAvE

macfoshizzle said:
some tweets

Steve Papoutsis
Executive Producer on Dead Space 2

leveluptime
Ok just say Battlefield 3 live in person, OMG it's incredible! Go Dice! #BF3

U2RoKKeR
Does it blow what we've seen from the magazine out of the water?

leveluptime
yes its awesome town.
Ian Milham
Art Director on Dead Space
Just saw a demo of Battlefield 3 here at EAHQ. Holy shit. Everything else looks like a cartoon now. #bf3

@locust9 @ChristinaCoffin Snuck in back of theater for BF3 demo just now. Holy shit, you guys. So glad you are on our side.

HYPE-TRAIN

CozMick

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
K just wondering. If your cool then im cool.

I certainly am :)

But then again, to start another discussion............

If Dice don't include jets in the console versions then they can fuck off, I ain't having more inferior bullshit :p

CozMick said:
I certainly am :)

But then again, to start another discussion............

If Dice don't include jets in the console versions then they can fuck off, I ain't having more inferior bullshit
:p

I'm pretty sure they will, I would love the player count upped though for consoles, that so far is my only concern from what I've seen.

No circle strafing chopper is what I want for consoles. It's ridiculous. I'll get the PC version down the line so I'm hoping no version get gimped.

Raide

vixlar said:
I know many people would want to kill me for asking but... is there gonna be rush mode?

Nothing 100% said about the modes. Conquest is a BF staple, so I guess that is in.

vanty

Silly.Mikey said:
Im all for it. 24 doesn't cut it in a BF game.
12vs12 was perfect for most BF1942 maps in competitive play. It was the peak of Battlefield, things have only gotten worse since.

vanty said:
12vs12 was perfect for most BF1942 maps in competitive play. It was the peak of Battlefield, things have only gotten worse since.

Funnily enough ive been playing a 24 player bc2 hardcore server on pc lately and i have to say it makes for some excellent and intense matches.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Calion82v said:
This is why I love DICE.
BC2 has the best FPS sound ive heard.

I will be really surprised if they surpass it.

Rorschach

wwm0nkey said:
Mod tools are a maybe right now. They said FB2 is a bit too complex to allow mod tools.
lol "too complex"

Real reason: why buy our microtransrapements and map packs when other people will make you shit for free?

FLEABttn said:
Yeah going back to article, it does make it read like it Commander hasn't been decided yet.
If it's not in from the beginning, then I don't know how optimized it will be for the final product. Commander doesn't seem like something you tack on. It was integral to the game.

I really wish we still had 6 classes, 6 man squads, and squad leaders. First one is dead, but I guess the other two won't be in either?

Hellcrow

TIL I learned that forgotten hope 2 is still releasing shit. I only played the first release before I crippled my gaming computer. Will have a lot of backtracking when I eventually build a new computer.

kodt

Banned
Reinstate Desert Combat helicopter controls.

Those controls gave you the most maneuverability but were not too easy. You actually had to learn the controls to be proficient, new pilots would crash into the ground instantly. Slightly reducing the helicopter camping.

slamskank

kodt said:

Those controls gave you the most maneuverability but were not too easy. You actually had to learn the controls to be proficient, new pilots would crash into the ground instantly. Slightly reducing the helicopter camping.
yeah, I also would like tougher chopper controls.

clip

kodt said:

This man is smart, listen to him.

Flying a helicopter in DC was like riding a unicycle on top of a basketball, took time to learn and become proficient at.

Pro Blackhawk pilot (me) on Lost Village + 2 guys on the miniguns = top score.

Klocker

Fersis said:
BC2 has the best FPS sound ive heard.

I will be really surprised if they surpass it.

from GI:

Paraphrased-

the sound is "cleaner, brighter", less "noisy" and more clearly defined directional sounds giving you better audible clues to game PLAY. Being able to tell if your tank is stalling on a hill, hearing if a vehicle is moving toward or away, Distinguishing more clearly the footsteps in floor above you even while firefight occurs outside your window. More clearly defining distant sounds to nearer etc.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I wonder if that means all those tunnel-vision snipers will now notice me as I creep up behind them and shove a power drill into the back of their heads?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Battlefield 3 Possibly Shown At EA NY Event Next Week

2bmCD.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Klocker said:
from GI:

Paraphrased-

the sound is "cleaner, brighter", less "noisy" and more clearly defined directional sounds giving you better audible clues to game PLAY. Being able to tell if your tank is stalling on a hill, hearing if a vehicle is moving toward or away, Distinguishing more clearly the footsteps in floor above you even while firefight occurs outside your window. More clearly defining distant sounds to nearer etc.

I just hope there's visual indicators for some of us that can't hear, DICE. *cough cough*

/Return of BC1's "overheat" ammo gauge, PLZ.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Battlefield 3 Possibly Shown At EA NY Event Next Week

Oh gosh.gif

Klocker

TheSeks said:
I just hope there's visual indicators for some of us that can't hear, DICE. *cough cough*

/Return of BC1's "overheat" ammo gauge, PLZ.

Oh gosh.gif

overheat audio cue was mentioned in article now that you mentioned it and yea... visual cues would be very cool... DICE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom