• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miitomo - is it done, or will it be revived with Switch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10571
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering, and obviously there isn't quite an answer yet.

From current information, it seems the Mii inclusion on the Switch menus itself is pretty bare-bones and barely existing. If I remember correctly, Nintendo back then made a big thing out of Miitomo and it's inclusion in future projects.

So, do you think Miitomo (on mobile) will be - similar to the announced chat system - be a sort of hub for creating Miis, equipping them with various shenanigans, and import them onto your Switch profile? It would make perfect sense for me, but then again, it's Nintendo still.

Or should we assume Miitomo (and with it, Miis) is done at this point and the "game" is dragged into an empty, barely used grave?

Personally I would be super happy if it's the former. Mii creation options, the inclusion in some kind of social network and, important, the option to get cool equipment for your Mii by seasonal/game related events, maybe achievements and, of course, by just buying them would be a pretty clever addition to a feature that once was pretty huge for Nintendo, and it would be a "you can, but you don't have to" kind of deal for everyone.

Whaddaya think, GAF?

Jackano

miiverse is dead, so is miitomo.

There's still potential for miis and such things but it seems for now Nintendo focus on core games for Switch, and given they had to delay the console from holidays 2016 to March and still only have 1-2 Switch exclusive for it, they better do that.

We will see in 2018 or with future system updates if they have more plans for the Mii ecosystem.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They've apparently updated the Mii's facial options and Miitomo recieved an update about two weeks ago. Neither are done with at the moment.

oti

Banned
Miitomo is its own thing. Whenever they'll release a new game Nintendo could also release new costumes for Miitomo.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Miitomo just got Fire Emblem costumes to tie in with the mobile game. I'll be really curious to see if any of these clothes transfer over to Switch.

Semajer

Probably dead. I think dropping Miiverse is a mistake which is going to kill Miitomo even quicker. I think they'd be much better off by linking Mii related things across games and systems. It would be nice to be able to access clothes and things I've won in Miitomo for my Switch avatar, or in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Funny this topic popped up. I just deleted the app from my phone today thinking it's dead and gone for good.

Honestly I just reinstalled it to see what's new, heh. Never using the social stuff anyway, just in for the stupid games of luck and costumes.

Neoxon

The Miis themselves aren't going anywhere anytime soon, as they're part of the Switch with supposedly new customization options. Miitomo, while it's still getting updates, is one that I'm not sure if it'll last for that long. That being said, I'd love for the Miitomo customizations to carry over to the Switch in some way.

I think Miitomo will continue as a niche app from Nintendo with constant updates when new games launch. But what I am more interested is with Miitomo's character design, which we are starting to see them on Nintendo's game, particularly on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:

screenshot_83.jpg

Considering Tomodachi Life sold over 5 million copies for Nintendo, a sequel with these Miis would be welcomed. Or they could turn around and make Miitomo a little more like Tomodachi Life.

I'm surprised Nintendo isn't using Miitomo to introduce Miitopia to the west.

I'm surprised Nintendo is still taking too long when it comes to releasing a game first in Japan and then the rest of the world. Seems to be getting a little better with Switch, but I wish they were all worldwide releases.

Top Bottom