• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn SPOILERS Thread

Well at least it should be cool to know how robots age because she is shown as a kid in trailers. Maybe that was not her? or it was her before being a robot, or the Aloy robot was inspired by that child. And on and on. :)
False memories. Another sci-fi staple when characters are really machines/clones/artifical

The problem I have with her being a machine, is a simple one. You play her as a child, so you guys are telling me machines grow up to be adults now?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The problem I have with her being a machine, is a simple one. You play her as a child, so you guys are telling me machines grow up to be adults now?

When a daddy robot and a mommy robot like eachother very much...

No but seriously have we seen any child animal robots?

Betty

Banned
The problem I have with her being a machine, is a simple one. You play her as a child, so yo u guys are telling me machines grow up to be adults now?

Why not, the machines in the game obviously aren't normal, they may even mate or grow like synthetics or something.

I'm going with space alien. Here's her ancient astronaut suit!

Eh... more likely that's just an advanced science lab from long ago.

But maybe the robots came into being due to alien tech so it's not impossible. Their origin is actually more interesting than Aloy's at the moment, to me anyway.

Yes, I have seen the Westworld and those robots don't grow up, and they are programmed.
Those robots thought they did. Maybe Aloy does too

It's not like games havent had us play segments to set expectations and then reveal those events didnt happen. Even Uncharted 4 did that

Alien
Aloy

Alie
Alo

Al
Al

vJpbDj.gif

Yo do I really need to tag everything up in here? I don't see the point in having a SPOILER thread if everything still needs to be tagged and black barred up. It shouldn't be my problem if outsiders can't control themselves. Just sayin'

Yo do I really need to tag everything up in here? I don't see the point in having a SPOILER thread if everything still needs to be tagged and black barred up. It shouldn't be my problem if outsiders can't control themselves. Just sayin'

Just make sure to give spoiler-free impressions in the other thread!

Mifec

No, don't tag ANYTHING in a spoiler thread.

vivekTO

Don't spoiler tag, that's what this thread is for in first place. Just post images and videos and impressions as you like. Also give time to your thoughts and impressions, as it will get dissected and twisted to no ends here :)

I'll be curious to see if there will be in game options for Pro enhancements like Nioh, Uncharted and Tomb Raider have. I don't roll with a 4K but I have a fantastic 1080.

I'll send screens of that stuff if so, like what options are available.

Fuck. Hype rising.

vivekTO

I'll be curious to see if there will be in game options for Pro enhancements like Nioh, Uncharted and Tomb Raider have. I don't roll with a 4K but I have a fantastic 1080.

I'll send screens of that stuff if so, like what options are available.

Fuck. Hype rising.

There is 1080p Mode with improved Af and shadows ans supersampling.i think!!

For starters, for players who still possess standard 1080p HDTVs, we're able to offer far better image quality. We've got a number of techniques at our disposal. The most logical one is supersampling. This is a very high-quality anti-aliasing technique, which basically means we internally render at a higher resolution (close to 4K) before shrinking it down to the final 1080p resolution. As our internal calculations are done at a resolution much higher than 1080p, more detail survives before we shrink it down to 1080p, resulting in smoother edges — virtually no jaggies — and a more stable image.
We're also looking at enhancing the quality of our shadow maps and increasing the quality of our anisotropic filtering. This is a technique which increases the quality of texture sampling, resulting in more detailed environment textures. We still have to tweak these elements of the 1080p output quality for the final game, but we have quite a bit of power yet to play with.

Would it be worth me creating a SPOILER FREE thread? There doesn't seem to be a dedicated one, or do we just continue using the Preview thread?

Top Bottom