• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

220 here is kinda tough. Think I might be able to cheez the CM...we'll see, Never did beat 10s. Bad synergy, char levels strikes again, tho I have a bit more here than 10 in 2 99s.

Everything else is done. The Celes in my party crushed 220 MP. Easiest MP, ever?

ultra7k

Took several tries for MP 220...the group I ended up winning with had the raid leader use a mythil to continue. Never seen that before.

1/11 on the combat LD, and 2/11 on the summoner LD. One of the relics was a dupe.

Was having nightmare flashbacks of Baigan CM when we didn't have HP bars on enemies. Those were dark days.

Ceodore BSB was MVP on that fight, will do Asura and Leviathan tomorrow.

MrDaravon

Weird, MP is great IMO. Do you just get bad groups or something? Sometimes it takes a while to clear it with wipes and whatnot but it's pretty fun IMO

I was talking with a friend about this the other day, my personal luck doing the Raids with randoms is that I either get it done first try easy, or it takes hours/multiple groups. I think I have terrible luck :(. I honestly haven't even loaded the last 3-4 raids.

WarAdept

Last of the Red Wings - Ultimate ++ CM

Edge - Eblan Doppelganger (USB SSB - Hastega + Last Stand + Phys Blink)
Edward - N/A
Golbez - N/A
Rosa - N/A
Porom - Sync (SSB - Hastega + Curaga)

I originally tried this with a melee party of Cecil, Ceodore and Golbez but without wall and any extra stacks of mitigation, Baigan does way too much damage for one healer without a BSB.

You're dealing with a crapton of AoE here of both types as well as AoE Silence and Blind as well as the boss casting Hastega on itself. Dealing with these status effects is far more important than trying to reduce the AoE Fira through Fire Resist accessories. Even with my party all backrow, unless you're running Wall, Baigan is still going to do a crapton of damage to you.

Opted towards the "turtle and pour everything into one DPS" strat, namely Golbez with Memento Mori and Serah's Moonfrost Arrows CMD2 spam. I wanted Mastery so I went with Serah's BSB, but if you just want to CM clear, Edea's BSB would probably be better to burn him ASAP (as long as you have 3 characters alive at the end to deal with the arms exploding).

PkxoIFT.jpg

Last of the Red Wings - Apoc +

Tyro - Sentinel's Grimoire
Raines - Metamorphosis
OK - Vessel of Fate
Ashe - Dusk's Decree
Vanille - Transcendent Dream

My standard Mage Meta, literally rotating the 4th DPS to whatever the boss is weak against (which in this case Levi is slightly weak to Lightning). Older players should have 3 water resist accessories to make Levi hit like a baby, but this is longer than standard battle (as it should be seeing it's Apoc +). Asura is an absolute pain in the ass with her Dispel, but luckily it's only ST.

QqknyWS.jpg

evangd007

Used my CM team against Kain as a dry run:

Edward (nothing)
Cecil (BSB)
Golbez (BSB)
Rosa (SSB)
Edge (Eblan Doppelganger)
RW: Wall

Worked fine, even with Edward at only level 50. Going to egg him up for the CM proper.

friz898

Did 160 raid first try.

Took a lot of different groups to finally get the d240. What seem to be best for me to bring was Medica/Last Stand from Relm and then Eiko bursts plus rebirth medica.

Haven't had a chance to try d220 again yet, may take me a few tries but I should get it today or tomorrow.

Almost had CM Baigan. Had 2 characters up and as I jump to finish him off he revives his arms. Take him out and then I get killed by arms. Have some room for maneuvering...can raise Rydia up to 80(was at 69) and mote her some as well. And I got an MC3 if need be. Palom is on the bench and my other 5 leveled IV characters are Rosa 99, Kain 99, Cecil 80, Edge 80, Rydia 69. This leaves me shorthanded when it comes to heals combined with no breaks...have Cecil with banishing, protectga, Rosa with Ultra Cure 8 uses and shellga. Other option is leaving banishing strike at home and bringing more heals with Cecil.

Huzzah!!! Beat CM Baigan. Leveled Rydia up to 75. Raised her summon damage through motes and swapped banishing strike with curaga on Cecil. With my 3 holy orbs I had enough to hone multi break to r3. Huzzah!!!

friz898

Ever since I got it, Shantottos multi element BSB has put in so much work.

I can't wait for Vivi's BSB2.

It really catches my attention with the possessed witch sound effect which I think is used for two of her soul breaks.

As mentioned before, I played ff11 to level 40 years ago, 2005, but I never met Shantotto. What's the story/relevance with the soul break?

Xetherion

Kain mastered. He was a joke, not even worth discussing.

Baigan CM mastered. Pecil bsb may be old but it still puts in work in aoe fights. Gave him Gaia Cross and Lionheart RM and he went to town. Had Porom's Twinstar SB for ATK/MND boost plus crit rate up, after Pecil got enHoly up each subsequent cast of bsb was hitting for 7k per regular hit, 9999 per crit.

I also love having Ceodore's bsb. Once it's up cmd1 is basically a free medium heal on top of doing 4-hit holy/non dmg, and the SB itself is a life siphon-able max hp% medica that also does damage. I think he's going to be on all my physical teams going forward.

Last 2 members were Edward for Song of Swiftness (hastega +MAG) and Rydia to hit Ice target score. Used Wall RW.

Levi and Asura mastered. Used my main team again, but load out was specific for this fight:

RW: Grand Cross to absorb all Asura's Slows/Dispels/etc.

OK: Slowga to Slow Asura for target score, LS
Fujin: Reflect to put on bosses so Asura can't buff, Wrath
Raines: Dispel in case Asura gets buffs on before Reflect, Wrath
Tyro: Multibreak, HFS
Vanille: Shellga, Ultra Cure

I didn't bring Protectga since all physical attacks are single target and the biggest one (Water Plume) ignores DEF. Didn't bring Power Breakdown/dance either, but Wall plus all in backrow was sufficient mitigation anyway.

Kenai

After 3 pulls on Banner 1 and the half off Combat banner being pretty much all garbage for me (Kain OSB, but no BSB and everything else was SSBs or dupes), I almost skipped the summoning banner too. Glad I didn't since I got Eiko USB and Garnet BSB2, both new.

Pretty happy I finally have a lightning-type BSB. it's not ideal but failing to get Kain's lance after roughly 300 Mythril between this banner and the Fest Banner 1 was pretty depressing.

For serious though, saving for FF6's next banner from now til then.

It really catches my attention with the possessed witch sound effect which I think is used for two of her soul breaks.

As mentioned before, I played ff11 to level 40 years ago, 2005, but I never met Shantotto. What's the story/relevance with the soul break?

Imagine if Kefka was considered "Chaotic Good/Neutral" instead of evil and you basically have a good idea. She's the game's premier BLM, with multiple appearances through the expansions and the only character to have her own mini-expac to my knowledge (I stopped playing around mid WotG before that all happened). She also had an infamous cackling laugh thing she did (also like Kefka),.

FF11's big thing was skill chaining, which meant creating a "burst" moment where *insert element(s) here* get a nice phat potency bonus. So since she was the only FF11 character in RK for so long introducing the mechanic made sense with her I guess.

Baigan was tough. Don't know if I'm going to bother with the CM having no healing BSB for FF4.

Don't forget Shantotto also speaks in rhymes. I never played FF11 but she made a cameo in FF14 that was great.

Baigan was tough. Don't know if I'm going to bother with the CM having no healing BSB for FF4.

Don't forget Shantotto also speaks in rhymes. I never played FF11 but she made a cameo in FF14 that was great.

I did it with Rosa SSB. It wasn't that bad. Have Rydia spam Shiva for 9999 x2 and Cecil with Paladin Force. RW wall or VoF, he kinda melted. His arms regenerated but i just ate the self destructs, only thing that matters is the win

Celerity and Support Lucky Draws incoming!

DeNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Um... Having Setzer, Vaan and Faris BSB I might skip Support. First 2 LD were such a waste for me... I will pull on BLM for sure but WHM I might skip, I have so many WHM BSB and 1 USB. I also have at least a SSB for all realm but 1, 4, 11 and FFT. Risk of dupe will be huge.

Balphon

Celerity and Support are both pretty good pools. Not quite as good as Summon maybe, but good.

Also, less fucking Lann.

Um... Having Setzer, Vaan and Faris BSB I might skip Support. First 2 LD were such a waste for me... I will pull on BLM for sure but WHM I might skip, I have so many WHM BSB and 1 USB. I also have at least a SSB for all realm but 1, 4, 11 and FFT. Risk of dupe will be huge.

Fran's in both of these. Vaan is 4* support.

Support will still have Tyro, Quina, Larsa, Minfilia, & Ramza in it for you. Shame it's too early for Irvine BSB.

Fran's in both of these. Vaan is 4* support.

Support will still have Tyro, Quina, Larsa, Minfilia, & Ramza in it for you. Shame it's too early for Irvine BSB.

*Fingers in ears* lalalalalalala! Just trying to save Mythrils but you are right. Thing is there is a DU LD first half of june and 3 LD with Extreme Fest... At this rate I will be able to do 2 pulls for Celes BSB2 maximum... I hope that thing comes back more than once.

Beat Asura and Levi. 1 attack away from Mastery. Gah. Will master it!

Lineup

Rosa
Kain
Snow
OK
And lvl 80 Cait Sith.

Edit-Victory!!!! Mastery!!!!!!!!

friz898

1). So two lucky draws tonight correct? Also did we get any other free mythril before tonight or since that 15-17 mythril we got recently?

2). So I had a fake Caim sighting as I posted on here earlier. I saw someone named Light and for some reason thought it might be Lights-Waves but I am sure it wasn't. Also I saw two people named Dark at the same time who I only even noticed because they were raid leaders. Why is this such a popular name in this game, I mean I would expect a bazillion Cloud and Kefka folks but not 'dark'.

3). To recap my thoughts on the recent stuff now that more people have tried it since my first post on Sunday:

-Yep, Kain must have been easiest d140 in a long time. Was more like a d99 fight.
-Baigain WAS hard (sorry cpp). Not too hard, only took me about 5 tries but was with my A Team and things happen so quickly with AE debuffs and AE self-haste, you really couldn't waste a move.
-the d240 raid seems polarizing. Some said easiest ever, others found it hard. Took me several tries to get a good group and this was on release night. All my groups are PUG though
-I too think it would be awesome to use this forum more often for a NeoGAF clan type resource for raids.
-Haven't beat d220 yet but only tried twice, been too busy this week.

We are likely looking at 10 LDs in the next few weeks: Combat, Summon, Support, Celerity, White, Black, 5/8/14/T DU, Imperil, Curaga Medica, BSB+ (WM/BM assumed and the last 3 were LDs w/ Japan's ExtremeFest).

By the time Cloud's banner comes, I'll have saved 325 mythril (this includes the 50 incoming and the 10 we got today). My plan was to pull on the DU LD, Squall's BSB2 banner (1), Fest (4) and Cloud's USB banner (1). If I pull on all of the LDs, that leaves me with 75 mythril. I'll probably use that on a Squall banner pull, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

evangd007

Some more number crunching on Celerity and Support:

Celerity most common realms
FF6 - 13.2%
FF10 - 13.2%
FF12 - 13.2%

Support most common realms
Core - 10%
FF7 - 12.5%
FF12 - 15%
FFT - 10%

Tyro and Fran are on both banners.

friz898

17/40 on the Support, 2 8*s (plat sword and holy shield)
15/53 on Celerity 0 8*s.

looks like I have 5 5+s looking for another drop for reforging, come on Heavy Vulcan!

I have 8's on poor man stuff. Like a Pontiac vs Cadillac

I have 8's on evil pumpkin, Gold Sword, and the witch hat.

The only legit 8's I have are for same realm for some reason. Butterfly Sword (Zidane) and Punisher (Kuja)

Anustart

Oh man I logged in but I didn't notice, I think I just got my normal one mythril with routine shop change but I need to log back in and grab that.

Thanks cpp!

Yeah I thought shop updated today, but the 1 mythril says it's refreshing tomorrow. Could have sworn that happened on tuesdays.....

also, anyone up for doing cagnazzo 220 as well as mandragoras?

MrDaravon

Lord I was not expecting all of these LD's lol. Game is definitely testing my resolve to not do gem pulls.

Celerity: 9/53
Support: 9/40

Top Bottom