• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fuck raids. Operations. Whatever. Keep things small, more accesible and casual that way.

Raids don't have to necessarily be poopsocker affairs. I think as long as they gear that type of content towards PUGs, it will remain fun.

it sounds like IGN got special permission to do it. Other outlets are not allowed to do any coverage until after the viddoc drops

I think it's more of them paying for an early reveal then having "permission." Not really a bad thing (business is business), but just saying.

Woorloog

Banned
Raids don't have to necessarily be poopsocker affairs. I think as long as they gear that type of content towards PUGs, it will remain fun.

Not for me. It matters how much people there are. The more people, the more drama and bullshit, the more ninjalooting and idiots, the more waiting and explaining and whatever...
4-6 is good for co-op stuff, not one more. PVP can be much bigger, i don't mind that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
it sounds like IGN got special permission to do it. Other outlets are not allowed to do any coverage until after the viddoc drops

Jeff didn't seem that happy about that when he was talking about it on unprofessional friday. It sounded like he wouldn't have bothered to even go had he known.

Not for me. It matters how much people there are. The more people, the more drama and bullshit, the more ninjalooting and idiots, the more waiting and explaining and whatever...
4-6 is good for co-op stuff, not one more. PVP can be much bigger, i don't mind that.

Well, a raid doesn't necessarily mean a lot of people. It could just mean "endgame" or top tier content meant for dedicated players. Then again, we still have no idea what the game is like at all, so there's no point talking about raids at all.

Personally, I would be cool with the game being structurally closer to something like PSO2.

ElRenoRaven

Jeff didn't seem that happy about that when he was talking about it on unprofessional friday. It sounded like he wouldn't have bothered to even go had he known.

Well, a raid doesn't necessarily mean a lot of people. It could just mean "endgame" or top tier content meant for dedicated players. Then again, we still have no idea what the game is like at all, so there's no point talking about raids at all.

Personally, I would be cool with the game being structurally closer to something like PSO2.

Well that's their loss. I have no problem with a site getting some sort of exclusive as long as it's not locked behind a paywall. In this case it's not so I'm ok with it.

Woorloog

Banned

Fuck "endgame" even more than raids. Flawed concept and/or term. If it is endgame, why do people keep going and why is there constantly new endgame?

But as noted previously, this doesn't seem to be an MMO in traditional sense so i reckon i don't have to fear for this game having MMO-like endgame. Hopefully.
EDIT wait, this is not making much sense. Not a right place to start explaining anyway...

Fuck that. I want to run 25-mans with HaloGAF. Raid and accessible/casual are not mutually exclusive.

Strictly speaking i didn't say they're not. But smaller things tend to feel and be more casual regardless. Better IMO.
And any more than 6 is too much in voice chat, too many speaking at the same time.

Ominym

Banned

As much as I love Jeff; his interests in games are really limited. It isn't surprising to me that he wasn't interested given what we know about the game.

Sai-kun

Banned
Oh dude. Imagine the equivalent of 25 man raids full of Halogaffers. That would be so awesome. Won't happen but that would be awesome. Maybe next gen.

Definitely a pipe dream at this point but still awesome to think about!

Strictly speaking i didn't say they're not. But smaller things tend to feel and be more casual regardless. Better IMO.
And any more than 6 is too much in voice chat, too many speaking at the same time.

Not too many games have more potential for hilarity than Left 4 Dead in a full versus game (8!) plus spectators, all with mics :p we'll just have to disagree on this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom