• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

entremet

I'm from latin america, here I was hoping I could get one from one retailer, but recently it was confirmed that those codes will only be distributed in North America, so right now I do not have any other meaning to get one. I would dearly appreciate one.
Some else claimed it, but I will keep your post in mind. I'm trying to get more codes this week.

I'll take a Mew code if anyone has any extras also. Going to start the goal of finally trying to collect all Pokemon and the legendaries will help alot.

todd360

How many code cards does each gamestop get? I would hate to have to drive 30 mins to the mall just to go home empty handed. Why can't they just do this over wifi?

Toxi

Banned
Because the argument is ridiculous. In-store events happen for a logical reason, to try and get the social aspect of Pokémon going. Not their fault if you don't talk to anyone or challenge anyone when there.
LOL

Who the fuck wants to hang out in a GameStop?

So before i do my code, (well i cant because the maintenance) but am i able to save before talking to the PC lady so i can get whatever nature I want and better EV or is it an only one time thing where i cant turn my game on and off until i get what i want?

You can save in front of her and soft reset for nature/IVs, same as any other Mystery Gift distribution.

Adeptrain

I have an extra Mew code. North America.

I will only give it away to someone who has no shot of visiting a GameStop at all.

Honors system as well. I'm not gonna search post histories. Just be sincere and tell me your story.

I'll try to get more this week. I'm in NYC so I can visit multiple GameStops since we have tons here.

No PMs. Just reply to my post and I'll pick someone.

Hi,
Since I moved to South Korea with a U.S. system, there's no way for me to get to a gamestop :/ I'm currently asking family members to stop by, but they're not having much luck so far. ㅠㅠ

Sora_N

I will only give it away to someone who has no shot of visiting a GameStop at all.

Honors system as well. I'm not gonna search post histories. Just be sincere and tell me your story.

I'll try to get more this week. I'm in NYC so I can visit multiple GameStops since we have tons here.

I am currently retaking a course that's really important since I don't want to waste more money if I fail and I need it to get into another program for accounting. I don't have immediate access to any stores near work and I've spent the last 3 weeks just studying and doing homework or at work. The EBs in my city in Canada run out of these codes so fast.

Since I have no time to go at all I won't have a chance to get this and I'm not even sure if it's Canada too.

Caayn

Ugh, this is why I hate in-store events. I was in the shopping district because I was looking for the new Digimon game and figured that I might as well hop by the Gamemania (one of the worst stores ever) to get a Mew code.

To make a long story short, I wasn't able to get a code. On the second day of the month >.>

Fuck off Nintendo with these events, they might as well just not exist at all.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Did all Gamestops in Europe get codes? I got Street Fighter pre-ordered at one (Austria), so I might as well pick Mew up when I get it.

Is this the only way to get these Pokémon? Outside of ebay, that is. I'd love to catch them in-game

Because I'm in Europe, and the only Game (store) in this city closed up last year... There's a Gamestop outside of the city, but I'm assuming they've only got codes in the US.

Why can't Nintendo just offer all via Wifi? It's annoying.

So, I'd love a PAL code if anyone's got a spare.

KarasuEXE

Latin America is counted as the same region as US, so we don't have a dedicated store to grab those codes (since the distribution in the US is handled by GameStop, and there are no GameStops in LatAm).

Even then, when Nintendo was still here in Brazil, there were some events handled by the store FNAC, which is the same store providing the codes in Portugal (or so I heard). My brother even got a Meloetta that way in Gen V.

Really, really a shame that I can't get a code here in my country. I will keep searching and asking for spares, so if anyone has a spare code for US consoles, I would be really thankful.

Did all Gamestops in Europe get codes? I got Street Fighter pre-ordered at one (Austria), so I might as well pick Mew up when I get it.

These are the currently announced Mew distributions courtesy of Serebii and Heragol:

Australia: Codes at EBGames from today until February 24th.
Austria: Gamestops from February 4th.
Belgium: Codes at GameMania from today until February 24th.
Canada: Codes at EBGames from today until February 24th.
Denmark: Toys 'R' Us and BR stores from February 22nd through to April 30th.
Germany: Gamestops from February 4th.
Italy: Codes at Gamestop from today until February 24th.
Japan: With purchase of Gen 1 VC game.
The Netherlands: Codes at GameMania from today until February 24th.
New Zealand: Codes at EBGames from today until February 24th.
Norway: Toys 'R' Us and BR stores from February 22nd through to April 30th.
Portugal: Nintendo Zone at FNAC from today.
Spain: Codes at GAME from today until February 24th.
Sweden: Toys 'R' Us and BR stores from February 22nd through to April 30th.
Switzerland: Gamestops from February 4th.
United Kingdom: Codes at GAME from today until February 28th.
United States: Codes at Gamestop from today until February 24th.

Starts on the 4th.

Edit: added Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Nope! Nice try Game Freak but I'm still not going to GameStop just to find out they are out of stock on these password cards.

Macka

I'm an Australian living in the UK with an American 3DS...hooray for the region lock!

If anyone manages to get an extra NA code, it would be much appreciated.

These are the currently announced Mew distributions courtesy of Serebii and Heragol:

Starts on the 4th.

Edit: added Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

Thanks man, there's Toys R Us and BR Toys here so I can get one myself. But it's a bit embarrassing that it's (child centred) toy stores instead of game or geek stores.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You know what? Screw this Mew event if anyone wants a Mew but never had one I will be passing Mews this weekend at the Pokemon ORAS OT found here:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=936643

The only thing you should know is that they will be clones of the MYSTRY Mew that I myself obtained back in 2006 from Toys "R" Us but if that doesn't bother you feel free to drop by and get one from me.

MrNineties

you would need to get the national dex which usally doesn't come till the end of the end of the game/post game

with ORAS you could power though, it's not that very hard and could be done in a couple sittings

Wait, I can't receive these unless I've completed the game? Uh oh.

Linkyn

I managed to get 2 codes at GAME yesterday (for me and my brother). Still, I am rather wary of the fact that quite a few of the codes will be store-exclusive, even in Europe. While this isn't an issue for now, I'm going to graduate and probably leave the UK in June, which means I'll lose ready access to the latter half of the mythicals. I might have to ask my current flatmate (who's decided to stay for work and because of his current relationship) to get them for me. I suppose if all else fails, I can always make a few visits.

Can't seem to connect to the Code Server from Mystery Gift, anyone else having that problem? Other Internet services work on my 3DS including the rest of the game itself.

Top Bottom