• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drift0r (Ghosts leaker) RUMOR: Sledgehammers COD is futuristic?

I wonder how cod would be if we had to wait 2 + years between games instead of a yearly franchise

It's a yearly franchise but the teams have more than a year to development them. This one should have three years of development by the time it's finally released.

antitrop

Yeah, I wouldn't write them off just because MW3 was a mess. It certainly wasn't their fault.
It was half of their fault.

Either way, it shouldn't be very difficult for Sledgehammer to outdo the absolute God damn fuck-awful disaster that was Call of Duty: Ghosts. They could set a bunch of dogs loose in a room with computers running C++ and the dogs would program a better game than Infauxnity Ward did.

Dead Man

Really, really uninterested in future shooters in general. Alternate timelines can be interesting, but too much hud/look through walls/magic gun rubbish in most of them. I want more Cold War shooters. Showing my age a bit I reckon too :)

Actually, Perfect Dark was a pretty great future FPS and it had all of that. Maybe I just need a specific style to be interested. Doubt we'll be seeing something like that though :/

antitrop

You're probably just kidding, but... If anything, Sledgehammer's fault is that MW3 was still a good game... and for that, deserve more than half the credit.

I dunno, as far as I'm aware, the MP was mostly developed by Sledgehammer and Raven, and I thought it was pretty shit, itself.

It was the first post-CoD4 MP that I really thought was extremely subpar (WaW was okay in its own way, I think a lot of it was just held back by being a WW2 shooter, and that wasn't Treyarch's fault).

The maps were too small and poorly designed, it was the first CoD game to really piss me off with excessive spawnkills, and of course, the Death Streaks will always go down as an awful idea.

In hindsight, Ghosts has made me think better of MW3, because at the time I didn't think the franchise could get any lower.

kuYuri

With Titanfall, Destiny and Halo this year I feel like a futuristic CoD is late to the party.

Those games are barely even competing with CoD. Respawn has of course bowed out of the Fall release schedule bloodbath. There's no way Halo is even going to compete as an exclusive versus a multiplatform game that will appear on at least five platforms. Halo has also considerably gone down in popularity online. Also if the rumors are true, this year's game is potentially Halo 2 Anniversary, while popular among enthusiast Halo fans, is still just Halo 2.

We still have seen basically nothing of Destiny's PVP modes and it seems to be going for a different kind of shooter audience, so this Fall will easily go to CoD unless EA blows everyone away with the next Battlefield and doesn't fuck up the launch like they did with BF4.

CoD is still just pulling in enough numbers to make it the biggest shooter and for all their blunders, it doesn't help that all of the other big shooters are stumbling in their own way.

DICE probably gonna make a futuristic Battlefield game in 2015 since this year there's rumor to be a Battlefield Cop theme'd game.

artist

Banned
I'm not a fan of Dogge games but if true then they have reached a new low. Based on the assumption that they're trying to cash in on the Titanfall hype.

JayEH

I hope SH's game is MW4. I actually really liked that story and it was my favorite until BO 2 killed it with it's campaign. The characters are pretty good too, but I guess most of them aren't around anymore...

TheCloser

Banned
........................it's coming out this month. =D

No its not......... Multiplayer game with bots, are you even serious? I just wish it would come out already so people would stop talking about it. Its really just an average game at best. The multiplayer community will die out once destiny hits.

BBboy20

I would kill for a CoD that looked like this:

4564-25-978052.jpg
Yeah...it was called Blood Dragon.

No its not......... Multiplayer game with bots, are you even serious? I just wish it would come out already so people would stop talking about it. Its really just an average game at best. The multiplayer community will die out once destiny hits.
Holy shit, dude, calm down.

Winternet

Banned
pure truth.

LAA

Cool about future. I thought that would be the coolest thing COD could do. (Not that I'll buy it. Yuck it's COD), but just typical of them they're only doing it now when more FPSs are doing it.
They shouldn't try milking it into a series though. I think once would be enough. Maybe go even more futuristic after some more CODs

Nokterian

Oh please. If you have any info that is true on this so yes please share.

It was half of their fault.

Either way, it shouldn't be very difficult for Sledgehammer to outdo the absolute God damn fuck-awful disaster that was Call of Duty: Ghosts. They could set a bunch of dogs loose in a room with computers running C++ and the dogs would program a better game than Infauxnity Ward did.

I really don't think that Sledgehammer's CoD single player was any worse than the last campaign made by the original IW (MW2). Pretty much followed the same path of just being too over the top for its own good, while still have some solid set pieces here and there.

Didn't this guy only get half of his Ghosts predictions correct? He was right about the plot, but wrong about the whole "scavenged weapons" thing, as well as the Titanfall-style before-mission multiplayer contextual cutscenes.

Same YouTuber?
Those were probably things that were changed/features that got cut.

fasTRapid

Banned
Sledgehammer and Infauxity Ward. Sorry i don't give a damn about them anymore. First and foremost this is what call of duty will never have the sheer amount of talent that is working at Respawn and this not gobbing a studio this is what those guys made MW1 or even before so good. And now with Titanfall i can't play any other shooter without a jetpack,wallrunning and vertical gameplay. Can't see why this is exciting news oh look a futuristic shooter (Black Ops 2 was nearly there) but i expect nothing compared what titanfall is having in store when it launches in 2 weeks.

Sincerely,
Vince Zampella
CEO of Respawn Entertainment
It's so great reading that childlike rant when it suddenly finishes of with such a formal signature. Love it!

Rizsparky

Sledgehammer and Infauxity Ward. Sorry i don't give a damn about them anymore. First and foremost this is what call of duty will never have the sheer amount of talent that is working at Respawn and this not gobbing a studio this is what those guys made MW1 or even before so good. And now with Titanfall i can't play any other shooter without a jetpack,wallrunning and vertical gameplay. Can't see why this is exciting news oh look a futuristic shooter (Black Ops 2 was nearly there) but i expect nothing compared what titanfall is having in store when it launches in 2 weeks.

Calm down buddy, are we not going to give the game chance at all? Write it off before it's been even given a name?

Drift0r is a youtube personality but doesn't actually have video footage of the games so when he talks about leaks he does it over footage of the existing CoD.

Ah thanks Nirolak.

I had a moment I kid you not where when the video in the OP started I couldn't tell if I was watching COD or Titanfall then i figured it out but man not to derail but those games even move so similarly

Top Bottom