• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several Tales games revealed in Jump

Aeana

ShockingAlberto said:
Is the PS3 Graces an up-res with some additional content or are they going through and touching up the models and textures?
Well, from the scan we got, it sure looks like it's the same game just rendered at a higher resolution. Hopefully there will be some direct feed shots soon, though.

Rpgmonkey said:
Huh, first year this thing was uninteresting. :lol

There's usually a lot more to them.

Seems like ToPS3 might be a repeat of what they did with Graces. Say it's in development with few details, trailer at TGS (or Jump Festa), trailer included with the bonus DVD for preordering Graces, formal announcement sometime next year, release in the Summer or Winter.

So basically all they have this year is ToGF...good they seem like they're not milking the series as much so far. Hope we get a trailer for the new Tales soon.

Bebpo

Banned
I really doubt they would redo the assets. The game has a lot of them. And they're not going to add more polygons to each environment. Maybe slightly better character models for the main cast but I don't expect it.

Should just look sharp and clean, which would still be a big improvement as the jaggy IQ took away from the clean cartoon look that Graces was going for. The hairlines in particular were :\

Bebpo

Banned
Bel Marduk said:
So basically all they have this year is ToGF...good they seem like they're not milking the series as much so far. Hope we get a trailer for the new Tales soon.

Narikiri Dungeon X is out next week :p

It's basically the first mainline Tales for the PSP, though since it's a remake of a GB game sidestory it's not quite "mainline", but it's about as close as ToS2.

Bebpo said:
Narikiri Dungeon X is out next week :p

It's basically the first mainline Tales for the PSP, though since it's a remake of a GB game sidestory it's not quite "mainline", but it's about as close as ToS2.

That one looks so bad I forgot :lol Anyway I hope they tone it down from now on.

Bebpo

Banned
?

The demo for it was solid and it got one of the highest (the highest?) scores ever in famitsu for a 2d Tales game 34/40. It could be really awesome like Tales of Destiny remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vyOXbExBx4

It looks a lot better than it did initially. The sprites aren't PS2 level, but it's about Tales of Hearts level.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rahxephon91 said:
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but isn't it basically because its a series they take pride in. It's their franchise.

And they're so proud of it that they don't give it any support in the West!

Look, if anybody is proud of the Tales series, its Tales Studio. They make the games afterall. If you were a game creator, and your publisher refused to support your game series in international markets, would you be happy? I doubt it, and I doubt that Tales Studio is happy that their games aren't getting the proper recognition in international markets.

It's a business decision. Period.

Top Bottom