• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | August 2017

Shizza

Hey tolkir, got a message for you from NoE PR department:

NA:

Someone is going to be happy, they did list a sale in the PR this time! ;)

Oh snap, I'm in for this too. Was waiting for sale on it, and that day has finally come!

Tumbleseed update is downloadable. So far it has made the game a lot more player friendly for me. Quite a lot of changes that seem for the better. Also there is a 2 player competitive option that I have not tried yet. I recommend people to buy this game especially as its on sale at the moment.

ryushe

I didn't really like Setsuna when I played it last year, but I'd be willing to give it another shot for that price.

Who knows, i might enjoy it more now that its portable.

Tumbleseed update is downloadable. So far it has made the game a lot more player friendly for me. Quite a lot of changes that seem for the better. Also there is a 2 player competitive option that I have not tried yet. I recommend people to buy this game especially as its on sale at the moment.
Really? sweet! I can't wait to jump back into this game (it was much too hard for me before).

Tumbleseed is unlike anything I've ever played. Really challenging before the update, but I enjoyed it. Highly recommend people check it out.

kiguel182

The eShop really needs a revamp. Tumbleseed is discounted (and with a big update) and no mention anywhere.

Might get the game now, I'm curious but was afraid it was too hard. The new modes and stuff might help.

zigg

The eShop really needs a revamp. Tumbleseed is discounted (and with a big update) and no mention anywhere.

Might get the game now, I'm curious but was afraid it was too hard. The new modes and stuff might help.
Ye gods, thanks for the mention! If it really got a difficulty patch and is on sale I'm in.

kiguel182

Ye gods, thanks for the mention! If it really got a difficulty patch and is on sale I'm in.

It has permanent unlocks (not sure if a mode), new areas and a two player multiplayer mode!

It seems like a great update and only 10 bucks!

1upsuper

Picking up Slime-San and Aero Fighters 2 (!!) Anyone pick up Gunbarich or Puzzle Adventure Blockle? The latter looks kinda fun but has some bizarre fan service.

Man, this is an awesome day for Switch eShop releases. There's four or five games I plan on buying. And if Tumbleseed was actually on sale in NA, that'd be another.

Shiggy

Chicken Wiggle (by Atooi, maker of Mutant Mudds) is releasing later this month.

C1Ns5vvVIAATfpS.jpg

Phoenixus

Those two shmups, is there a consensus on which is better? Not sure which one to get first, really want to try my Switch in portrait mode. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I wish Nintendo would mention when a game gets new DLC, both in the US PR (thanks EU) & on the eShop itself. I forgot Shovel Knight was up for Master Blaster Zero, & after going to the game via wish list (because it's the fastest way to actually find the damn thing), I still had to click "view all" for the DLC.

Also why the hell can't I organize by name or easily see what the hell is on sale?

kiguel182

Tumbleseed is a good ass game.

The movement is challenging but there's also tons of decisions you need to make because of the different type of seeds. Now with the updates it feels more meaty and it has some non random stuff too I think.

It's also really pretty and has an amazing UI/UX.

donny2112

I know Nintendo isn't anywhere close to closing down the 3DS eShop, but as a reminder for any Ambassadors out there, be sure to check your GBA VC games on whatever your current system is. Seems like transferring the contents to new cards via PC messed up some of mine and had to redownload them on my current n3DSXL. The saves are stored with the GBA VC games, so that loses your save, too, btw.

oatmeal

Banned
DIdn't wan to start a new thread for this but...

After playing Overcooked with my wife, it was clear my left joy con was fucked when using the Grip (I had always just used the Pro Controller, and using the Joy Cons when in Handheld mode)...

I called Nintendo yesterday afternoon, around noon. They sent me a UPS label, I sent it out around 4pm.

This morning I got a receipt that they received it, and then this afternoon I got a receipt that they shipped it next-day air already.

My God.

BooJoh

Chicken Wiggle (by Atooi, maker of Mutant Mudds) is releasing later this month.

Been looking forward to this one, it looks so charming. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

I've already got an OT put together and ready to go up once the game hits, so hopefully we can get some GAF creators sharing stuff like we had with Mario Maker. I have a feeling it's going to be largely overlooked though, since so many people want to move on from 3DS and people already had a tendency to ignore anything in the PR they've never heard of.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Tumbleseed is a good ass game.

The movement is challenging but there's also tons of decisions you need to make because of the different type of seeds. Now with the updates it feels more meaty and it has some non random stuff too I think.

It's also really pretty and has an amazing UI/UX.

Ive seen the eShop video of Tumbleseed a few times and I still don't understand the game. Are you moving with the analog stick or the L R buttons like Locoroco?

maxcriden

DIdn't wan to start a new thread for this but...

After playing Overcooked with my wife, it was clear my left joy con was fucked when using the Grip (I had always just used the Pro Controller, and using the Joy Cons when in Handheld mode)...

I called Nintendo yesterday afternoon, around noon. They sent me a UPS label, I sent it out around 4pm.

This morning I got a receipt that they received it, and then this afternoon I got a receipt that they shipped it next-day air already.

My God.

That's amazing. Sorry to hear it happened to you at all, but very good on them for being so quick to fix it and get it back to you.

SummitAve

Banned
Ive seen the eShop video of Tumbleseed a few times and I still don't understand the game. Are you moving with the analog stick or the L R buttons like Locoroco?

Analog sticks to move either end up or down. Just picked it up and I'm really liking everything about it. It sounds really good.

NA Tumbleweed sale was working for me now as well.

Brakke

Banned
Hey y'all help me pick a Switch game to grab? I'm looking for a good $10 - $20 podcast kinda game. Little / no reading or narrative. I played Shovel Knight and Mighty Gunvolt already.

Looking at Slime-San, Retro City Rampage DX (I actually don't know anything about this one), Tumbleseed (that discount is live in NA btw), and maybe Has-Been Heroes (I know reception was rocky on that one but the Penny Arcade guys adore it so maybe there's something there?).

Binding of Isaac would be perfect but $40 is crazy steep for a game I already played like five years ago...

Hey y'all help me pick a Switch game to grab? I'm looking for a good $10 - $20 podcast kinda game. Little / no reading or narrative. I played Shovel Knight and Mighty Gunvolt already.

Looking at Slime-San, Retro City Rampage DX (I actually don't know anything about this one), Tumbleseed (that discount is live in NA btw), and maybe Has-Been Heroes (I know reception was rocky on that one but the Penny Arcade guys adore it so maybe there's something there?).

Binding of Isaac would be perfect but $40 is crazy steep for a game I already played like five years ago...

I'd highly recommend GoNNER

kiguel182

You are moving the analog sticks to move the line where the platform is positioned. The platform slides down that line depending on its positioning and that's how you control the seed.

zigg

Slime-San is excellent. I think you're on the right track there.

I said it before in this thread, but I regret buying RCR DX.

Mudd

I don't know if I should buy TumbleSeed. I would love to have a rogue-like game on my Switch and stuff like the art-style looks amazing to me, but I'm worried about the slow-paced (?) gameplay -- it looks so unique that I don't know what I should expect from it, tbh. Wish there was a demo on the store!

A thing I really love in roguelike/lite games is some sort of progression system. I have read they introduced permanent upgrades: how does the system looks to you guys? Does it feels well integrated and satisfying?

Also, how much content is there?

Forma.8 on the way.
So happy about this news. Loved it on Wii U, wishing it gets a wider audience with this release. :)

TheMoon

I don't know if I should buy TumbleSeed. I would love to have a rogue-like game on my Switch and stuff like the art-style looks amazing to me, but I'm worried about the slow-paced (?) gameplay -- it looks so unique that I don't know what I should expect from it, tbh. Wish there was a demo on the store!

A thing I really love in roguelike/lite games is some sort of progression system. I have read they introduced permanent upgrades: how does the system looks to you guys? Does it feels well integrated and satisfying?

Also, how much content is there?

tried watching some extended gameplay?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Seeing all the great WiiU stuff on sale...I hate that I don't want to play my WiiU anymore. Kirby 64 and Kirby Super Star both look enticing. I really do hope that the Switch gets a 64 VC. Or, you know, I could just buy an N64.

Mudd

tried watching some extended gameplay?
Yep, but mostly parts related to the first area (you know, spoilers). I'm aware the game gets really hard in the following areas, that's why I'm trying to understand if these permanent upgrades really help about it or if the game is still extremely difficult and challenging.
I don't mind hard rogue-likes (loved Crypt of the Necrodancer, for example!) but I want to feel, like, rewarded too.

deadfolk

I just realised that I have Slime-san on Steam - must have gotten it in a bundle or something.

Not usually a fan of these types of games, but U just gave it a try and I'm hooked. Think I'm going to have to double-dip and grab it on Switch. I'd be far more likely to actually play it there.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Yeah my two eShop regrets have been Implosion and Slime-San. I would actually recommend those two games to anyone looking in the single player $11.99 range, they just weren't for me.

Implosion is a pretty good little game, however I did not like that you cannot cancel your attack animations into a dodge, which I feel like is pretty important in that game. So if you want to play defensiviely and not take hits you pretty much have to Light Attack x2, dodge, every time to make it through safely, and only go for Heavy attacks when you're certain you aren't going to be hit. Or else just take damage, which is what I think the game WANTS you to do, because you have like 5 hits of "Shield" which is no damage, followed by a Health bar, and both your shield and health regenerate... so it seems to me like the game just says "Don't worry about dodging, just slash away and take your hits, you have enough shield/HP to power on." Which wasn't fun to me, I was looking for something like Bayonetta where it's possible to be offensive and still dodge every attack and make it through battles untouched... I know, it's stupid to compare Implosion to Bayonetta, but that's where I was coming from. The combat mechanics let me down.

Slime-san, I've already deleted off my Switch too. Not a bad game, but it's controls were too complicated and unwieldily compared to Super Meat Boy. Too much deaths felt like I died because I was moving out of control with air-dashes and phases and jump, but only double jump when falling... and yeah, I miss the simplicity of Super Meat Boy's controls and movement.

Coketruck

I just saw that there's a demo of Phantom Trigger up on Steam, if anyone wants to check it out before the Switch release.

jholmes

Seeing all the great WiiU stuff on sale...I hate that I don't want to play my WiiU anymore. Kirby 64 and Kirby Super Star both look enticing. I really do hope that the Switch gets a 64 VC. Or, you know, I could just buy an N64.

Man, Kirby Super Star is better than most anything on the Switch. (Not hating, that's just an all-time great.) You should bring the Wii U out of retirement for that for sure.

Kirby 64 you don't need to go out of your way for, still fun game though.

Brakke

Banned
I'd highly recommend GoNNER

Thanks pals. Ended up grabbing both!

Gonner really uhh doesn't want you to understand it huh? I didn't realize there were different guns because the only two I've encountered are just sticks of different thickness. Also I dunno what the skulls do. But anyway I like how it moves, feels, and looks, excited to dig into it.

Slime-San still downloading, will check it later.

deadfolk

Thanks pals. Ended up grabbing both!

Gonner really uhh doesn't want you to understand it huh? I didn't realize there were different guns because the only two I've encountered are just sticks of different thickness. Also I dunno what the skulls do. But anyway I like how it moves, feels, and looks, excited to dig into it.

Slime-San still downloading, will check it later.

Yeah, I still don't understand the different skulls.
One seems to give you more hearts, but that's the one you start with, so I don't know what the advantage of the other one is.
Spoilered because for some people half the fun in this game is discovery.

I'm loving Slime-san so far. The music and all the little places you can visit outside of the actual levels really add to it.

Top Bottom