• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two former Last Guardian artists start an indie studio

boy_02.gif

NJSTxS0.gif

HHNNNNNGGGGGyyyyaaaaauuuuhhhhhh

Rarity

“As an artist, what you really want to do is transfer that crazy vision in your head onto the screen as closely as possible."

This is one of the main reasons I play games. Please transport me to an unknown setting with a story I can't experience in regular life.

I can imagine console makers sweeping this up as an exclusive if they were to reach some funding issues. Now is not the time to be cynical, though. I'm confident that their experiences at their former studio provided good financial discipline, gathering, etc.
Are these guys GAFers? They should be. This thread has been mentioned there :)

ibz03FL7so02PQ.gif
You don't even know how big of a contribution you've just made.
hee hee

I see they've now removed a lot of the media for Dangerous Men from their blog. I guess they want to focus on Vane first or maybe think DM is still too early to show.

From the devlog:
WHERE WE ARE AT:
We have a prototype up and running after a few months of work, and while we're happy with what we managed to create in that time, the prototype is pretty basic. In moving towards tying the gameplay to the story we want to tell, some of the things on the first order of business are:

- Creating the interaction & puzzle system proper
- Improving the player interactions & visual feedback
- Making a proper camera system for both indoor & outdoor environments
- Creating a larger puzzle segment that ties into the overall goal of the game
- Putting these together in a build more representative of the final product
VaneTrigger_D.gif

- Creating the interaction & puzzle system proper
- Improving the player interactions & visual feedback
- Making a proper camera system for both indoor & outdoor environments
- Creating a larger puzzle segment that ties into the overall goal of the game
- Putting these together in a build more representative of the final product

In short... making video games!

UrbanRats

BG&E2 -- Wild.
Last Guardian -- This game.

Now we need a couple of devs leaving the Agent team, FFXV one and Half Life 3 one, so we can have 3 more great "indie" games.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
New screenshots:

Bv3zU_0CIAA2pmC.jpg:orig

This cliff's interesting. I like how they handled the sand on the left leading right up to the edge. Would be really cool with little bits of sand spilling over the edge occasionally. (assuming this is all somewhat in flux and that pile of sand hasn't been sitting there for a few hundred years)

Top Bottom