• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ancient Aliens] Nvidia 364.47 driver issues

(SLI 970s) had to go back to 362 because I would get solid color freezes and then my computer would crash trying to watch Amazon video. I believe it is the 364.51 driver, although it happens more often if i had Photoshop open.

_Ph03n1x_

(SLI 970s) had to go back to 362 because I would get solid color freezes and then my computer would crash trying to watch Amazon video. I believe it is the 364.51 driver, although it happens more often if i had Photoshop open.

I have a single 980Ti and have had the same experience as you when watching Netflix. I was on 364.51 but rolled back to 362 and no problems since the rollback. Any word from Nvidia regarding all these issues?

Zafir

The other week I ended up totally clearing the driver off my computer using that remover tool in Safe Mode. Then I reinstalled 364.51 and haven't had any issues yet...

Edit: Nah, just tried watching some stuff to test, and got the colour freeze again. Gunna revert back to 162.00

I have a single 980Ti and have had the same experience as you when watching Netflix. I was on 364.51 but rolled back to 362 and no problems since the rollback. Any word from Nvidia regarding all these issues?

Yeah I have stopped watching Netflix on the computer as a result. That's a pretty awful error on Nvidia's part.

_Ph03n1x_

Yeah I have stopped watching Netflix on the computer as a result. That's a pretty awful error on Nvidia's part.

After the rollback I haven't had any issues with Netflix playback leading into a grey screen. So that might be something for you to look into if it becomes a big inconvenience

Neo_Geo

Banned
Nvidia have said the new 364.72 driverset doesn't have the Netflix induced solid color freezing issue fixed, but that it is being worked on. They also stated that they aren't aware of the same problem happening while simply idling either. Not good news for myself and many others, I don't think they know what the problem is, and highly doubt that they can't reproduce the issue seeing as how prevalent the issue is talked about in their official forums.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...lay-driver-feedback-thread-released-3-28-16-/

jfoul

Ive had freezes with Amazon and netflix. I rolled back to 362, and everything is fine so far. Im using a gtx 980.

Gattsu25

Banned
Wait...what? So this new driver is also responsible for the Amazon video freezes I've been having?

Seems like we need a new thread for this new issue

dh4niel

What are the updates notes?

GeForce Game Ready Driver
Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Virtual Reality
Virtual reality is here! This Game Ready driver brings full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, optimizations and enhancements for virtual reality games such as EVE: Valkyrie, Chronos, and Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA VRWorks. Make sure your PC is GeForce GTX VR Ready before stepping into the Rift!
The new driver also brings the latest support and enhancements for the upcoming HTC Vive headset.

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls III, and Paragon early-access

That's the whole spiel. EDIT: I hope that's what your were asking for. :p

Neo_Geo

Banned
Not sure if Nvidia or Logitech fixed something on their end, but after updating to 364.72 and updating to the latest 3/28 update for Logitech Gaming Software I no longer experience the solid color screen freeze/system lockup and have had my computer at idle for about 18 hours now. Wonder if the LGS had something to do with it?

Kudo

Any known issues with the newest drivers? Should update before Quantum Break and Dark Souls 3..
Hopefully they get them sorted out if there is something wrong with them. I wonder how much better performance it has compared to 361.91?

dr_rus

Any known issues with the newest drivers? Should update before Quantum Break and Dark Souls 3..
Hopefully they get them sorted out if there is something wrong with them. I wonder how much better performance it has compared to 361.91?

There is nothing wrong with them.

Kudo

There is nothing wrong with them.

Too many issues makes me nervous to update.. I mean there always will be some issues but stuff like this honestly is something that doesn't happen so often, clearly there's something wrong with the drivers and it's just pure luck whether it works out for you.
I just hope the performance isn't too big compared to older drivers in DS3, too scared of spoilers to check the benchmarks but I guess I'll see in few weeks when it releases.

dr_rus

Too many issues makes me nervous to update.. I mean there always will be some issues but stuff like this honestly is something that doesn't happen so often, clearly there's something wrong with the drivers and it's just pure luck whether it works out for you.
I just hope the performance isn't too big compared to older drivers in DS3, too scared of spoilers to check the benchmarks but I guess I'll see in few weeks when it releases.

I've installed them two times already and there were no issues in both of them. I always install new drivers on top of the old ones and always use the custom install with "clean install" checked. Never had any issues with driver installation.

Kudo

I've installed them two times already and there were no issues in both of them. I always install new drivers on top of the old ones and always use the custom install with "clean install" checked. Never had any issues with driver installation.

I see.. I guess I'll wait until the release of the game and install latest drivers than and hope for the best, then curse my luck if something goes wrong. Always install drivers on top of old ones too, only installing the PhysX and Graphics Driver, but I don't check the "clean install", had issue last year that sometimes after boot when I got to Windows the screen would be just black&white artifacts and reboot solved it, 361.91 has been working flawlessly for now too but I need all the performance I can get for DS3.

PnCIa

Nvidia driver quality seems to have deteriorated a great deal here, maybe its just one borked branch but making the hardware unusable is inexcusable.
I want to build my new pc with my 970 in it, whats the last stable driver i should dl instead of this one?

Kudo

I guess I'm not going to push my luck even trying, just gotta pray DS3 works properly with older drivers.
Latest stable drivers I see people mentioning is 362.00.

PnCIa

I guess I'm not going to push my luck even trying, just gotta pray DS3 works properly with older drivers.
Latest stable drivers I see people mentioning is 362.00.
Thank you! I dont need the newest drivers anyway at the moment, need to get my machine running first.

Vuze

Nvidia driver quality seems to have deteriorated a great deal here, maybe its just one borked branch but making the hardware unusable is inexcusable.
I want to build my new pc with my 970 in it, whats the last stable driver i should dl instead of this one?
How is a driver supposed to 'brick' a graphics card? lol
I call bullshit on that one.

Coonce

How is a driver supposed to 'brick' a graphics card? lol
I call bullshit on that one.

because no one watches their temps while gaming, apparently.

here's a tip - if your card is getting past 85C while gaming, something is wrong. doubtful it's drivers.

also, do a clean install between each driver upgrade. not using Nvidia's "clean install" but using DDU, I do it everytime and haven't had an issue. (also I have multi monitors)

Kadayi

Banned
Ive had freezes with Amazon and Netflix. I rolled back to 362, and everything is fine so far. I'm using a gtx 980.

That was my problem as well (rolled back to the 362s). Trying to watch Vikings or Black Sails on instant video and everything is fine and dandy for a period and then suddenly it's the dreaded black screen and no option but to do a hard reboot (which I hate in case is fries my SSDs)

I'm holding out for a while to see what the reports on the new drivers before installing.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So what are the latest "stable" drivers? I haven't updated in a while since some of the newer ones didn't behave well with some of my games. I'd like to be up to date for DS3.

Thanks!

So what are the latest "stable" drivers? I haven't updated in a while since some of the newer ones didn't behave well with some of my games. I'd like to be up to date for DS3.

Thanks!

I guess it's 362. I tried the latest ones and while I didn't have any issues just a slower performance on a couple of games so preferred to roll back to 362.

364.51 and 364.72 broke G-Sync for me again (W10, 980 Ti, Acer XB270HU), it's detecting some desktop applications as 3D and the refresh rate takes a nosedive. Only fix is to completely disable G-Sync.

Kinda tired of the driver lottery when it comes to this issue, seems like every time they fix it it comes back 3-4 driver releases later.

364.51 and 364.72 broke G-Sync for me again (W10, 980 Ti, Acer XB270HU), it's detecting some desktop applications as 3D and the refresh rate takes a nosedive. Only fix is to completely disable G-Sync.

Kinda tired of the driver lottery when it comes to this issue, seems like every time they fix it it comes back 3-4 driver releases later.

That sucks. Thanks for letting us know as I have the exact same card and monitor and would hate to deal with that headache. Nvidia has been doing pretty terribly with drivers lately, I've noticed so I'm sure others have too.

dr_rus

Thanks!

364.72. Have no issues on them whatsoever. The guys running around saying how every new driver brick their videocard must be rich or something.

364.72. Have no issues on them whatsoever. The guys running around saying how every new driver brick their videocard must be rich or something.

I've heard that the new drivers still have issues installing on dual-monitor setups, which i'd bet is more common now than ever.

SScorpio

I've heard that the new drivers still have issues installing on dual-monitor setups, which i'd bet is more common now than ever.

I can't really comment on dual monitors, but the latest drivers work just fine on my tri monitor setup. I normally do the custom install rather than the express install which was what was broken on driver two revisions ago.

If you do have issues with Nvidia drivers, try doing a custom install, then select the option to do a "clean" install. That will blow away your current configuration and make everything their default. This might fix the issues you encounter.

zXe

I'm on 364.72 haven't had any issues as of yet, though I can't help but feel a little anxious about them. I'm on windows 10 64bit running a GTX 970. I always do a full clean installation as well as use DDU to clean previous driver set.

marmoka

Banned
I got a new laptop with geforce 920m. It seems to work well in W10, but if I install the drivers in Ubuntu, I get a black screen when I reboot. I tried different solutions in internet to make the drivers work well, but nothing. At least I could uninstall them, and use the Intel card, but it's frustrating anyway.

wtf are Nvidia doing with their drivers atm. I had to roll all the way back to 361.75 because I would get black screen driver crashes with no recovery on the newest driver.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I've always wondered if there was a setting to enable that would automatically update me when new drivers are available?

I never know when new drivers are released, at least until my games start running poorly and I think, "Oh right, probably my drivers."

Mawarup

Neo Member
Just read through the comments and also did a clean install to the latest drivers. Have a tri-monitor setup and everything seems ok?

KingKong

I've always wondered if there was a setting to enable that would automatically update me when new drivers are available?

I never know when new drivers are released, at least until my games start running poorly and I think, "Oh right, probably my drivers."

geforce experience

taoofjord

GeForce Game Ready Driver
Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Virtual Reality
Virtual reality is here! This Game Ready driver brings full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, optimizations and enhancements for virtual reality games such as EVE: Valkyrie, Chronos, and Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA VRWorks. Make sure your PC is GeForce GTX VR Ready before stepping into the Rift!
The new driver also brings the latest support and enhancements for the upcoming HTC Vive headset.

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls III, and Paragon early-access

That's pretty funny. Does NVIDIA have some kind of partnership with Oculus? They excitedly plug the Rift big time then poop out a sentence about the Vive.

That's pretty funny. Does NVIDIA have some kind of partnership with Oculus? They excitedly plug the Rift big time then poop out a sentence about the Vive.

I don't see it that way at all. Obviously people are starting to get Rifts delivered out to them while the HTC Vive is not yet going out to consumers. I wouldn't be surprised to see things like this for the Vive in drivers as they start getting rolled out to customers.

taoofjord

I don't see it that way at all. Obviously people are starting to get Rifts delivered out to them while the HTC Vive is not yet going out to consumers. I wouldn't be surprised to see things like this for the Vive in drivers as they start getting rolled out to customers.

Ah okay, I just figured this driver was for both products.

dr_rus

Any news about 365 drivers?
I have something like 361 installed.

I wouldn't count on a new driver release from NV prior to the first week of May when we should get a driver tested with Doom, Homefront and Mirror's Edge.

Top Bottom